If there were a Fast Food restaurant.....

Bran8778

I was thinking the same thing Lady...is JR considered a FFR??

JR is a chain of franchises like Chilis and Bennigans but more like a Steak N Shake, where you can get it to go or sit down and someone will take your order and serve you. There is a consistency in the food prep and presentation for location to location. But it's not a FFR in the terms of McD's or In-n-Out where you place your order at a counter and pick it up yourself.

There are times I could go for a Mickey D's cheeseburger in the wee hours of the morning (especially after a particularly long night at the bar...) I don't know that having a fast food establishment on board would work, though. I do think most lines should rethink their late night menu and keep those of us who get the munchies in mind. I don't want a salad at 2 am - greasy burger and fries? Heck yeah!!!

• 1 month later...

Eh.. I really don't think I would! I think something 'familiar' would be kinda nice, I'm not always an incredibly adventerous eater (Im trying, though!).. but still... I can get fast food all around my house. Cruising can be rather expensive, some people (me) have to save for awhile to go on one.. so I would prefer to eat foods on the ship that I really don't get at home as much (since I paid for that!). Besides- on my last cruise there were chicken nuggets/fingers, burgers, fries, etc.. so that's what I would have I craved the grease!

• 1 month later...
i don't do fast food unless i just have to. my son would love a taco bell or buffalo wild wings.

Yeah, cheap burritos are one of my favorite late-night snacks. They're even better when they are fried, but then again, isn't everything better when it's been fried?:rolleyes:

Mmmmm...Taco Bell and Red Stripe, a match made in heaven. Of course, getting any of the lines to lower themselves to take on a Taco Bell franchise--never happen.

Just sittin' here listenin' to my arteries hardening...

• 3 months later...

On a cruise, it is more the ritual of eating. Dressing for dinner, having a glass of wine, using the correct fork. Spending time in good conversations with your family. My sons tried foods they never would have ordered before, duck, veal and lamb.

You can still get a burger, fries and pizza on the ship. But a major chain, no thank you.

I went on a cruise that visited Martinique. I stopped at the McDonald's for a quick lunch and found the menu to be in both English and French. The restaurant looked the same. I also went to McDonald's when in London a few years ago. The prices were higher, but we were shopping and wanted a quick sandwich.

Also, other ports have fast food franchises like Burger King and Taco Bell. I saw a Burger King in Nassau, but didn't eat there.

I agree with those who say that on a cruise you should try different foods. I am single and enjoy having all my meals in the MDR -- being served. Occasionally, I will go to the outdoor restaurant by the pool for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...
on the ship would you eat at it ????? Burger King, Mcdonalds ETC.

The deck "grill" on most ships is equivalent to a fast food restaurant - and it's usually packed, so wouldn't a chain fast food restaurant just be superfluous?

When we went on the NCL Spirit to Bermuda last year, we found that the Blue Lagoon restaurant did a really good burger and fries, chicken fingers, and fish and chips. Their fries were good too, not Mickey D's, but good and they always arrived hot. We had burgers and hot dogs at the poolside BBQ which were good but not great as well. One thing I never did see all week was pizza, but I can live without pizza for a week. There is an Italian eatery in the evenings, La Trattoria, but we never tried it. There were too many other options to try and we never made it there. We're not totally thrilled at paying extra, but we like eating at the specialty restaurants a few times during the week. We also had pretty good food in the MDR, Windows. We found that there is a lot of food of varying quality (ie., Le Bistro, Blue Lagoon, Windows good to very good; buffet, ate there once and only once all week, not our cup of tea.)

There was a KFC in Bermuda that is the only fast food restaurant there. We decided against going there for lunch, as we can get KFC at home.

Lorie

Archived