Can you believe some of those reviews? Wow

gtidan

After reading some of the cruise reviews posted here do any of you, like me, just look up at the heavens in disbelief? I just finished reading one from Marcia about her trip on the Splendor. How can anyone be so off the mark. :confused:

1)She complains first about not being able to have some 'line jumping wannabe friends' join them in boarding. I'm mean the rules are rules for a reason.

2) The ship is pink. Hmmmmmm seen one Carnival ship you've seen them all. (translation: been there/done that.....)

3) WE HAVE a suite, nice, but the darn shower door rattled all night (failed to mention that other cruisers spoke of 10/20 foot waves and rough seas at the time) I guess Carnival makes lousy ships. (translation: we know what's good, little people)

4) Room service: Need more practice on making towel animals...whoa, now that's cruise buster for sure. Ice bucket not filled.....probably forget to kiss their feet as well. Oh, did I mention I'm missing things......those international thief's the cruise lines hires can't be trusted.

5) Ahhhhhhhhh, the food, just terrible, I mean it was nothing like the Ritz Carlton.

6) The ports. Those poor beggars in the DR just made us feel so bad cause we've rich and their not. Give it a break, lady. San Juan...a joke, and Nassau...well, it's just Nassau.

All were bad except St. Thomas, where she most likely purchased a new CC bag. How nice

7) We were soooooooooooo disappointed with Carnival and may never come back. Hey, I got a suggestion: DON"T come back. My worse nightmare would be getting stuck at her table for dinner each night and have to listen to her complaining.

Conclusion:

Why do these people even go on a cruise? They seem so jaded about everything and than spill it over on sites like this. What did you learn by reading her post? Absolutely nothing useful.

New rules:

Read about the ports and the time you arrive and leave BEFORE you go. Than if you go............don't bitch about it cause you don't have enough time in port. You might also learn a little bit about the people and lifestyle of their home before you go and have some humility about how they live

You might check the weather for the area before you book. This way you'll know that hurricane season lasts until the end of December and going during this time might result in heavy seas. Just a thought.

Stay away from new ships. It takes time to get fully up to speed.

And lastly, it's YOUR attitude that will determine how much you enjoy your cruise. Learn to roll with the tide and be a little tolerant of others less fortunate than you. And fianally..............don't expect everyone to kiss your you know what like your husband............cause it ain't gonna happen. ;)

OK I'm done and yes, I do feel better. :)

After reading some of the cruise reviews posted here do any of you, like me, just look up at the heavens in disbelief? I just finished reading one from Marcia about her trip on the Splendor. How can anyone be so off the mark. :confused:

1)She complains first about not being able to have some 'line jumping wannabe friends' join them in boarding. I'm mean the rules are rules for a reason.

2) The ship is pink. Hmmmmmm seen one Carnival ship you've seen them all. (translation: been there/done that.....)

3) WE HAVE a suite, nice, but the darn shower door rattled all night (failed to mention that other cruisers spoke of 10/20 foot waves and rough seas at the time) I guess Carnival makes lousy ships. (translation: we know what's good, little people)

4) Room service: Need more practice on making towel animals...whoa, now that's cruise buster for sure. Ice bucket not filled.....probably forget to kiss their feet as well. Oh, did I mention I'm missing things......those international thief's the cruise lines hires can't be trusted.

5) Ahhhhhhhhh, the food, just terrible, I mean it was nothing like the Ritz Carlton.

6) The ports. Those poor beggars in the DR just made us feel so bad cause we've rich and their not. Give it a break, lady. San Juan...a joke, and Nassau...well, it's just Nassau.

All were bad except St. Thomas, where she most likely purchased a new CC bag. How nice

7) We were soooooooooooo disappointed with Carnival and may never come back. Hey, I got a suggestion: DON"T come back. My worse nightmare would be getting stuck at her table for dinner each night and have to listen to her complaining.

Conclusion:

Why do these people even go on a cruise? They seem so jaded about everything and than spill it over on sites like this. What did you learn by reading her post? Absolutely nothing useful.

New rules:

Read about the ports and the time you arrive and leave BEFORE you go. Than if you go............don't bitch about it cause you don't have enough time in port. You might also learn a little bit about the people and lifestyle of their home before you go and have some humility about how they live

You might check the weather for the area before you book. This way you'll know that hurricane season lasts until the end of December and going during this time might result in heavy seas. Just a thought.

Stay away from new ships. It takes time to get fully up to speed.

And lastly, it's YOUR attitude that will determine how much you enjoy your cruise. Learn to roll with the tide and be a little tolerant of others less fortunate than you. And fianally..............don't expect everyone to kiss your you know what like your husband............cause it ain't gonna happen. ;)

OK I'm done and yes, I do feel better. :)

Just goes to show to take these reviews with a grain of salt. I think it's best to read numerous reviews about the ship, or port for that matter, and take the majority opinion under consideration.

gtidan - Well Said!!!

Also, avoid ships directly coming out of drydock/refurb - the work is NEVER completely finished and the crew needs to re-establish their rhythm. Ken

This is inexcusable to the paying customer:cool: Unless of course they send out letters to all passengers letting them know of the unfinished work and give them plenty of time to cancel with a rull refund....other then that.....no excuse.......

gtidan - Well Said!!!

Also, avoid ships directly coming out of drydock/refurb - the work is NEVER completely finished and the crew needs to re-establish their rhythm. Ken

My sisters and I had already booked our Feb. 1 trip on the Conquest before realizing it was going to be coming out of drydock. That is the week with the itinerary we wanted and leaving from the port we wanted to leave from. Soooo, that said, if things are not completed or crew doesn't quite have their rhythm re-established we will make the most of it. We will all be together (which usually only happens at wedding or funerals since we live scattered all over) somewhere warm with no husbands or kids to cook and clean for. It will be all good. You have to go with a good attitude. But don't get me wrong I am still praying they have all the kinks worked out.:)

I thought I was "High Maintenance"! It all comes down to .... You get what you PAY for!

Sure, Carnival is not say; Cunard, but then you don't pay Cunard prices either!

My Bride (26 years) and I cruise to be with each other for a romantic week. Who CARES where. We enjoy each others company and make the best of all situations whenever possible. Did she mention weather or not she called her room Steward or Maintenance about the door? If she didn't she doesn't have a #$@! thing to complain about.

People are rude all over the word, especially in the U.S.. Get over it Marcia!

I once paid $67.00 for breakfast at a Ritz Carlton in Chicago now THAT deserved a complaint IF there was something wrong with the meal or service. Complaining about the Food/Menu on board any cruise ship is ridiculous. I often wonder "where" these people eat when their at home!

B

Love this thread....I wish we could reply to some of these reviews! They just make me LOL and :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I love filet and would be a bit disappointed if it is no longer served, but saying you'll never sail the line again is a bit over the top to me! :p

Loved this line in a recent Destiny review....."Big minus NO MORE FILET MIGNON. This was a big let down as that is always my favorite dish. I was told that carnival no longer serves it on any of there ships. They did have a "Flat Iron Steak" everynight but it was only average. I personally will not sail Carnival again until Filet Mignon is brought back."

Literally LOL! :D

Great thread. I always wonder if these peopel are just suffering from really bad chronic depression or something.

LOL, no, they don't suffer from depression, I do and ANY cruise is better than NO cruise!!! I do not complain when I am cruising....trust me!!! This person is just nit pickin and a tad too snooty is all ;)

LOL, no, they don't suffer from depression, I do and ANY cruise is better than NO cruise!!! I do not complain when I am cruising....trust me!!! This person is just nit pickin and a tad too snooty is all ;)

hahhaa i was thinking the same thing, with my depression....im happiest when i cruise!....usually when something goes sour on a cruise i have a tendency to blow it out of proportion...but i only blame myself ( or usually my poor unsuspecting and innocent boyfriend :o ) but i dont blame the cruiseline ! i go in expecting a generally decent time and some fun and relaxation in the sun-and thats what i have always gotten...people who write these extreme negative reviews have nothing better to do and are looking for attention - IMHO. I have also seen others who have legitimate reasons to complain and they do, but they take it in stride and also highlight the good parts of their trip and that makes me trust their review more...although i guess there are people who just have misserable experiences

It's kind of comical that this was just posted today...:o I read, with interest yesterday, two 'reviews' on the Freedom, and both posters had a 'terrible' time, and even rated the cabins a 2 or less... :eek:

I won't go into detail, as they are available for viewing on this site, but I 'looked to the heavens' several times when reading the 'review'... Do people not research anything before they go on a cruise??:p

I may be wrong, but I think people actually expect a pampering staff, and top notch dining (Ritz), and Carnival to 'hold their hand' and direct them on having a good time.. A cruise is what one makes of it... We have never had a 'bad' time on a cruise, and I'll bet my review after our Freedom cruise next week, will be much more positive!:) ;)

I take most of those with a mine of salt. It's always unfortunate to read things like that, but when you consider that 90% of the time these people never come back, and that they represent maybe 1% of any passenger list for that particular cruise, plus the added joys of internet anonymity and you have the perfect forum for a bunch of whiney people who think they're entitled to far more than they paid for who have no fear of letting you know that.

Loved this line in a recent Destiny review....."Big minus NO MORE FILET MIGNON. This was a big let down as that is always my favorite dish. I was told that carnival no longer serves it on any of there ships. They did have a "Flat Iron Steak" everynight but it was only average. I personally will not sail Carnival again until Filet Mignon is brought back."

WooHoo! The Victory had chateaubriand, prime rib (two evenings) and Filet Mignon in the main dining room! Someone should let that reviewer know:D

Every CARNIVAL cruise I've been on has been a great time. Sure there are some hiccups, there always will be, no line is EVER going to please all its passengers on any of its ships...ever.

Either way, I do not understand some of the gripes; most "reviewers" who do nothing but complain get a :rolleyes: and a big GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Take a look at all the "cruises" in my signature; you will see that I have been on some real doozies so ANYTIME I cruise and don't have to work while cruising is a great time :D:D:D

Take a look at all the "cruises" in my signature; you will see that I have been on some real doozies so ANYTIME I cruise and don't have to work while cruising is a great time :D:D:D

As my father once said, "You're not hot-sheeting it under an air ram. So shut up."

He and my Mom get along so well.

WooHoo! The Victory had chateaubriand, prime rib (two evenings) and Filet Mignon in the main dining room! Someone should let that reviewer know:D

NO, please NO, do NOT let the reviewer know... With her Ritz Carlton expectations and attitude, I don't want to run into her on my next Carnival cruise.

I too laugh at some of these reviews. What are they thinking?!

* One was SO upset at how the captain handled the overboard monkey incident. Hello! - the captain didn't know for sure that a person hadn't fallen over, so yes, they need to do a search. How different that review would have been had the reviewer's spouse fallen overboard?! "The captain didn't turn around quick enough and didn't look hard enough and didn't have the helicopter there quick enough..."

* Another one is upset that people are allowed to smoke in their cabins and she could smell the smoke. Umm... Carnival is explicit in their smoking policies. Research ahead of time!

* One was upset about the noise in their cabin - yes, if you book a room under the Disco, it's going to be noisy. Again - research! It isn't that tough to do! Tell your travel agent that you don't want a room under the disco - even easier!

* One had almost all good things to say, except for embarkation and debarkation, and the problems the ship had with the SnS cards that week - yet "I'll never sail Carnival again."

* One review showed scores of 5s and 1s for everything, averaging about 3.5. Yet I believe the overall score given was a 1. How does that math work??

What a wonderful life some of these people must lead, to have absolutely everything in their life go perfectly every second of their day. I guess I must be doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

NO, please NO, do NOT let the reviewer know... With her Ritz Carlton expectations and attitude, I don't want to run into her on my next Carnival cruise.

I too laugh at some of these reviews. What are they thinking?!

* One was SO upset at how the captain handled the overboard monkey incident. Hello! - the captain didn't know for sure that a person hadn't fallen over, so yes, they need to do a search. How different that review would have been had the reviewer's spouse fallen overboard?! "The captain didn't turn around quick enough and didn't look hard enough and didn't have the helicopter there quick enough..."

* Another one is upset that people are allowed to smoke in their cabins and she could smell the smoke. Umm... Carnival is explicit in their smoking policies. Research ahead of time!

* One was upset about the noise in their cabin - yes, if you book a room under the Disco, it's going to be noisy. Again - research! It isn't that tough to do! Tell your travel agent that you don't want a room under the disco - even easier!

* One had almost all good things to say, except for embarkation and debarkation, and the problems the ship had with the SnS cards that week - yet "I'll never sail Carnival again."

* One review showed scores of 5s and 1s for everything, averaging about 3.5. Yet I believe the overall score given was a 1. How does that math work??

What a wonderful life some of these people must lead, to have absolutely everything in their life go perfectly every second of their day. I guess I must be doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

I think that is the thing; their lives suck so they go on a cruise thinking everything is going to be perfect all the time and when it's not they go off the deep end...

Just goes to show to take these reviews with a grain of salt. I think it's best to read numerous reviews about the ship, or port for that matter, and take the majority opinion under consideration.

no offense, but she can be the person begging for credit....

I must say everyone does have a different opinion. We sailed the Splendor Nov. 28-Dec. 6. Myself, BF and mother in one balcony, my sister and her husband in another balcony both on the Verandah deck.

They had a totally different opinion of the same trip than we did and have stated they would never do Carnival again. We on the other hand thought the ship was great and had a fantastic time.

Their complaints - the shows could have been better (I personally liked Vroom - which they wouldn't go see). Not enough activities onboard to do. Buffet lines way too long - they prefer the disorganized stations instead of the one long line. Dinner they did enjoy the food, but thought the food selections could have been better. They felt they had more choices on another ship they had been on. Ice cream was available yet had no toppings, etc. The only complaint I thought was fairly valid was there are odd hours on the other dining options - no late night choices really - pizza or room service. Rotisserie open 12-1:30 pm. They didn't understand the sign and sail account - he didn't like that his charges were shown on his account and again on my sisters. He insisted the entire trip they were double billed for his charges. (They were together because they used the same card).

As my father once said, "You're not hot-sheeting it under an air ram. So shut up."

He and my Mom get along so well.

Yeah, I know what that's like...the hot sheeting part...I also know the joy of drilling all day while at sea and just when you hit the rack that night they call General Quarters and you're up most of the night drilling...you may get an hour of sleep then you're either on watch or you are working...

Maybe that's the reason I've never had a bad Carnival cruise...one because I can sympathize with the crew and two because I know all too well how hard it is to actually WORK at sea...

Well, know what I think?

I think it's incredibly rude to start a thread on a board about a review that someone else posted elsewhere.

It's their opinion. So you don't agree. So you think they didn't do their homework. Did you tell the OP that? Or did you just think it would be fun to talk about them behind their back?

Don't agree with the review? Just close it and "get over it," as so many people here like to advise everyone else.

Different things bother or don't bother different people. Just because YOU don't notice something doesn't mean no one else should, or it they do, they should just keep it to themselves.

I do often wonder what sort of expectations some people have before they cruise. Maybe they don't spend 24/7 on Cruise Critic and haven't consulted all the self-proclaimed experts about what is an acceptable annoyance and what isn't!

Threads like this are worse than the off-the-wall reviews. Stop being such a Cruise Critic snob.

Archived