FLL/Port Evergaldes - Parking off site

mscreneet

I was looking into rates for a parking company with shuttle service to the cruise ship.

Now..first. I clearly understand that "United Airport Parking" is a BIG NO NO!! Ive read all the negative reviews.

However, Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with:

Park N Fly (they are a national company we have them here in Atlanta

http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

or

Park Ride Fly

http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/fll-fort-lauderdale-airport-parking/continental/

We parked there while on a recent cruise on the Solstice. They direct you to spaces at the edge of the lot, but, that was a blessing in disguise; our car was in the shade when we got back. We had stayed in Naples the night before, it was an easy 2-hour drive to Ft Lauderdale from there

They have frequent shuttles to the port (may get a bit crowded), and pickups at the port back to their lot.

If you are a AAA member, make your reservations through them, you'll save $2-3 a day

The only real glitch was the driver couldn't find our ship, so we took the senic route, finally got there

Park, Ride and Fly is normally affiliated with a hotel, so they had no real 'lot', maybe that has changed. We used them a couple of years ago, and stayed at the Hilton Gardens Inn, but they have gone way up since then, now, about $230/night. We also had to take a taxi back to our car, which added about $20 to the final tab

Our next cruise, we'll find a reasonably priced place to stay, and park either at Park and Fly or Park and Go.

I'm glad you got warned off United Parking, I was one of those treated to their 'service' in the past.

After finding out that there are 12 ships leaving out on the same day as ours and also finding that Park n Fly doesnt start shuttle service to the cruise terminal and parking until 11am, i think we will just park directly at the pier. We dont want to wait that late. Ive heard that Port Everglades can get pretty congested and the lines pretty long. We want to get there around 10am so I guess we will just pay the extra money.

Archived