Crackberry Advice

solle1

When I power up (Vz Storm ) on board (Glory) will I recieve e-mails ?

Will I be charged for accesing tower on ship ?

Verizon itself had no info.:confused:

On its own your Storm will not work at sea as there are no towers. Thats where Carnival comes in. With their cell "tower" your phone should work but at a price.

If you use ships internet you will also be charged of course using their computers or yours.

If you can do without it great. If not then be prepared to pay.

Some ports have internet cafes that are dirt cheap and more reliable than ship board internet.

I took my Blackberry Pearl, but turned my wireless feature "off" once we debarked. I called my provider before we left and the charges for emails (even if you don't open them) is quite high due to being international. When we were in Key West and Miami, I turned the wireless back on.

Call Verizon again... do they not have a Cellular at Sea offering? Once you get off the Verizon network, you will be on Cellular at Sea and you will be off Verizon's network... most charge around $2/minute once you are on that network. It's not cheap but cheaper than ship to shore, but not as cheap as port calls. I would call Verizon again... almost every other company can quote you CAS service

Archived