Sofa in cabin 8457 on the Freedom?

1tuckersmom

Has anyone stayed in this cabin, if so does it have a sofa?

DH and I are on the Freedom sailing Feb. 26 `09 from FLL.

This is the only aft. that was left when we booked.

Not real happy to be on deck 8, as we are both very light sleepers, and I worry about noise.

More worried about not having an Aft. tho, so will just hope the noise will be light.

Was wondering if there is a sofa, as I kinda like to have one in the cabin.

May sound strange, but I like to read laying on the sofa rather than on the bed.:p

According to the information I found on cruisedeckplans you do not...sorry....but the aft cabins are still awesome without one!

Cabin 8457 8G OSTW 185/60 sq ft

beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8459

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

take a small portable sound machine- we got one for under 10 bucks and boy does it work good. THe machine will drown out the scrapping of the chair noise.

8457 should have the sofa-- its usually the two in the middle that do not since those cabins are more narrower then the rest

Jeez---what is it with the noise thing? There's no noise---what would cause noise? True, if someone is walking past your cabin and talking loudly, you will hear it--but that would happen in any hotel.

Any noises will be short-lived and bearable. Being on the ocean, the salt air, the drink and food----you'll be asleep and stay asleep!

Jeez---what is it with the noise thing? There's no noise---what would cause noise? True, if someone is walking past your cabin and talking loudly, you will hear it--but that would happen in any hotel.

Any noises will be short-lived and bearable. Being on the ocean, the salt air, the drink and food----you'll be asleep and stay asleep!

As I`ve already said before, it was posted some where on the board that the noise from the chairs scrapping from the Lido deck was quite annoying and had kept the op awake.

Since I am a very light sleeper, and since I use my cruises to rest as much as possible (stressful job, CPA and tax season is just around the corner) I`m hoping to prevent anything that keeps me awake.

Thanks for reminding me that being on the ocean, the salt air, a drink and food will do the trick........:D

See, I dont understand how someone could stay awake ALL night because the chairs are not moved around all night.

The chairs are taken down when the pools close== around 8 pm for the aft pool. So by 10pm there should be no scraping of chairs and if so it will last for seconds.

Now when they are setting the chairs in the morning== that would be a different story= But all night long?

How light of a sleeper are you?

See, I dont understand how someone could stay awake ALL night because the chairs are not moved around all night.

The chairs are taken down when the pools close== around 8 pm for the aft pool. So by 10pm there should be no scraping of chairs and if so it will last for seconds.

Now when they are setting the chairs in the morning== that would be a different story= But all night long?

How light of a sleeper are you?

I am a VERY light sleeper, but am going to take the advice that you and cb at sea has given me and not worry about it.:p

You gave me advice once about trying an aft cabin, I followed your advice and now I do not want any other cabin, so I do trust you.....Thanks....:)

Archived