Carnival Ecstasy? OR Carnival Conquest?

Rezalien32

Ok, brand new member here...Mods, i'm extrememly crunched on time and hope this is in the right section...thx ahead of time for your patience and help.

I've got to decide between Carnival Conquest 7 day cruise and Carnival Ecstasy 5 day cruise in February 09. I need to make the booking today if possible!

Brief facts: 2 adults, one 2 yr old, one 6 yr old, my wife and I have been on 2 NCL cruises, kids are very outgoing and travel well, we live in Houston.

Question:

Those with cruise experience...would you opt for the Ecstasy and have a little more $ to blow? Or take the Conquest and operate with a little less spending $?

I prefer the 7 day over 5..better ports of call and more dining options. (Can't pass up Sur de Mer (sp?)).

If you are not sure...figure out the pp nightly rate to see which is better...Just do not forget to add in the $10 pppd gratuity.

Whichever you choose,

Have fun!

Ok, brand new member here...Mods, i'm extrememly crunched on time and hope this is in the right section...thx ahead of time for your patience and help.

I've got to decide between Carnival Conquest 7 day cruise and Carnival Ecstasy 5 day cruise in February 09. I need to make the booking today if possible!

Brief facts: 2 adults, one 2 yr old, one 6 yr old, my wife and I have been on 2 NCL cruises, kids are very outgoing and travel well, we live in Houston.

Question:

Those with cruise experience...would you opt for the Ecstasy and have a little more $ to blow? Or take the Conquest and operate with a little less spending $?

My personal opinion would be Conquest. Larger ship. Supper Club. Balconies available w/o having to purchase a suite.

Both class of ships have the pros/cons, I think you will be more impressed by the Conquest though.

As much as I love the Fantasy class 4/5 day mini vacations, I would definitely recommend the Conquest! It's a great ship with a really friendly crew. Conquest class ships are larger which provides more entertainment options. Plus it stops in Grand Cayman which happens to be one of my favorite ports-Stingray City, need I say more:p)!

Happy sailing!

Was on Conquest in March and have been on Ecstasy twice. I really loved the conquest. A bit bigger so more room to move around and more stuff to choose from. Ports are way better! Loved Grand Cayman best of all! Sons (12 yo) one loves Conquest while the other prefers Ecstasy. Either way you will have fun but if this is not your first cruise you may like the Conquest better. Have fun!!!

Just thought of something to add. The slide on the Ecstacy empties into the pool. Unless your 6 year-old is very tall they won't be tall enough to be allowed to slide. The Conquest slide is two decks high and empties into a trough (see avatar pic) and your six year-old should be tall enough to do it. We had a blast on it.

Sewut

thx for the quick replies and help! Just booked the Conquest for Feb 8! Wow...now I have to keep it a secret from my wife until Christmas (it's her...well OUR Christmas present :D).

Both ships sound great but since we're not heavy drinkers (we'll take our own wine), we don't gamble, and we're not souvineer junkies...I figure the extra $ is better spent on the longer vacation/better ports/larger ship fresh out of some upgrades, we'll just take it easy on the "extras".

Thx again, this is an awesome forum! Within an hour of posting my first newbie question, I had some great responses!

I'll def be back for more research.

thx for the quick replies and help! Just booked the Conquest for Feb 8! Wow...now I have to keep it a secret from my wife until Christmas (it's her...well OUR Christmas present :D).

Both ships sound great but since we're not heavy drinkers (we'll take our own wine), we don't gamble, and we're not souvineer junkies...I figure the extra $ is better spent on the longer vacation/better ports/larger ship fresh out of some upgrades, we'll just take it easy on the "extras".

Thx again, this is an awesome forum! Within an hour of posting my first newbie question, I had some great responses!

I'll def be back for more research.

Aweee that is sooo sweet!!! Enjoy your cruise!!!:D

Conquest is going thru dry dock the last two weeks of January and will be updated. Estasy doesnt go into dry dock until next Sept, so its getting near the time it needs some sprucing up and it will get the water works then.

That being said I would do whichever you are most comfortable with, just know Ecstasy will be smaller and show her age a little more, Conquest is a much newer and larger ship.

I like both though and doing both this next year. next up is Ecstasy for us.

I think it is like comparing Apples to oranges or for cruising purposes coconuts to mangos.

The Conquest is by far the nicer of the two in every phase. The Crew is unbelievable on the Conquest.

If money is not the issue I would go with the Conquest

I think it is like comparing Apples to oranges or for cruising purposes coconuts to mangos.

The Conquest is by far the nicer of the two in every phase. The Crew is unbelievable on the Conquest.

If money is not the issue I would go with the Conquest

I live in Texas and can do Ecstasy for about half what I can do Conquest for. Yes, for the money 5 days on Ecstasy is the better value, but conquest is nicer, thats why it costs more per day.

Archived