Don't Trust The RCI Visa Card Bonus Point Promise

I also applied to get the offer and got the paperwork mentioning only 5,000. I made 1 calls and got it squared away. They were very helpful and said it was an error. When I got my 1st statement I confirmed it did say the 10,000 points for signing up and my additional points I had earned from using it.

Here's what my first statement said:

5000 first transaction bonus

1436 monthly royal points

5801 royal bonus points

12242 total royal points

Sorry - you have had problems with it!

I also applied to get the offer and got the paperwork mentioning only 5,000. I made 1 calls and got it squared away. They were very helpful and said it was an error. When I got my 1st statement I confirmed it did say the 10,000 points for signing up and my additional points I had earned from using it.

Here's what my first statement said:

5000 first transaction bonus

1436 monthly royal points

5801 royal bonus points

12242 total royal points

Sorry - you have had problems with it!

Looks like the BofA people don't have a clue, but what's even worse is that C&A was of no help either.

Guess I'll go ahead and give it a try and see what happens.

I really wanted to start racking up the RCCL Visa points since they are about all that I can still combine with my shareholder benefits.

Gotta play the game to win!

Looks like the BofA people don't have a clue, but what's even worse is that C&A was of no help either.

I really wanted to start racking up the RCCL Visa points since they are about all that I can still combine with my shareholder benefits.

C & A does not have anything to do with the card so they

C & A does not have anything to do with the card so they wouldn't know anything.

Why don't you wait until you actually make the purchases and get your statements before you get upset? Mine read the same way (except at the 15,000 level) so we got 5000 regular points and THEN 10,000 bonus points. You are going to get 5000 regular points and THEN 5000 BONUS points which the paperwork states from your description.

The only thing I can tell you is the quicker the start using the card the sooner you will be sailing for FREE. We have 2 and use them for all purchases business and personal. But especially RCCL purchases to double our points. We use some points on every cruise as an OBC and one or both of us cruise for free on others depending on how many points we have accumulated by the time we sail. Our last Liberty cruise was completely free in an OV stateroom. Do yourself a favor, listen to Sue and start using your card! We've never had a problem dealing with them or getting our points, credits or certificates.

I have a question about the card to those that have been using it for awhile. How long does it take to get your points cashed in? You get certificates to take with you, right?

We leave for our cruise Feb 28th so when should I apply for the certificates?

Thanks!

I have a question about the card to those that have been using it for awhile. How long does it take to get your points cashed in? You get certificates to take with you, right? No, you get the cert, but then you have to mail it in to get it applied before you go.

it usually takes about 10 business days to get the cert and then a few days to mail it and have it show on their system. I would say at least a month before you leave, to make sure it is applied. Probably close to 3 weeks total is how long it has taken me in the past.

Thanks!

My last statement will post on 1/10, then I will cash in my points for a cert and call them (C & A) with the cert number and have it applied as an OBC. When I receive it, I will copy it and mail it to C & A for verification.

I have a question about the card to those that have been using it for awhile. How long does it take to get your points cashed in? You get certificates to take with you, right?

Thanks!

I just redeemed some points for our 1/12 cruise. When I called in the certificate numbers I asked what would happen if they didn't come in time to mail before the cruise. The CSA said that it didn't matter, I could mail them after the cruise, as long as they had the numbers I was all set.

Hope that's true.:rolleyes:

I'm confused Jaxon!

If you have 10K points then you have enough to redeem 5K points.

The min, points is 5000 to redeem. You request to redeem 5000 points when you call. When you get the certificate, on the back is where you check off what you want to use the 5000 points for.

Has this happened to anyone? I had the 10,000 pts. I called to redeem in a 100 certificate and was told I could only redeem 5,000 or 15,000 (which I didn't have).

can you get 2 $50 certificates?

oops, sorry, luvscrusing2007, I didn't see your post. Sorry for the repeat.

I just redeemed some points for our 1/12 cruise. When I called in the certificate numbers I asked what would happen if they didn't come in time to mail before the cruise. The CSA said that it didn't matter, I could mail them after the cruise, as long as they had the numbers I was all set.

Hope that's true.:rolleyes:

Not sure that's right. I was told they have to have the certificate I think at least 5 days prior to your sailing. I always mail mine return receipt requested so that I know when they receive it.

Patty

We have 2 Visa's and have no problems with them. I actually opened one while onboard when the incentive was only 2500 points and DH opened one over a year ago when the incentive was 15000 points. He received his 15,000 points after his first purchase with no problem. Now we decided to only use one of the cards and since the interest on my card is lower we use my card. I usually pay it off each month anyway, but I prefer to just use one card. We already used $300 in OBC and have another $200 to use on our next cruise. The points add up quickly especially when you use the card for all your RCCL purchases.

Chevy Cruiser,

RCCL really has nothing to do with the BOA visa so that's why they referred you to BOA. Make your first purchase and see what happens when you get your statement. I have lots of friends that have the card and none of them ever had a problem. I don't know why your getting so upset about it before you even made your first purchase. You should get the 10,000 points if that's what was advertised and you put all the correct codes in if there was a code for the offer. But even if you didn't put the code in and get 5,000 points, that's still $50.......not bad for making 1 purchase - when I opened mine I only got $25. We all love our BOA visa. I got rid of all my other cards. We used to have a Visa that gave us miles, gifts or cash. Well, all of a sudden they reduced the benefits by half. In other words, if I had 20000 points instead of it being worth $200, it would only be worth $100. I cashed whatever points I had and took the Cash before the date of the change. That's when I opened the BOA visa.

Let us know how you make out when you get your statement.

Patty

I also had the same problem when I first got my card (5000 points only) and I called Bank of America, got the rep to talk with a manager who assured me it was broken down into 2 statement periods. I'm glad to say that I did get my 10,000 points (plus I put on another 5000 so I got $150.00 on board credits). If you printed off the page on the site, and you don't get your addt'l 5000 points on your second statement, then call and get a manager telling them you have proof of what you applied for. When I told the rep that I had a copy of the page that offered me 10000 points, that's when I was able to get answers. I just got my certificate and sent it in to RC. Once you reach the amount of points you want to cash in, you must call BOA and tell them what you want to do. They send you a certificate which you fill out and send to RC. You are also suppose to get double points for any Royal Caribbean purchases.

I think you will be just fine, give it another billing cycle.

Happy Cruising!

Lisa

Double check. I thought the same thing-the statement looked wrong. But upon further review of the statement, it looks like the 10,000 points were split up as 2 different 5K bonus points. Just add up what you spent, and compare that number to your total bonus points. You may see a 10K difference, not a 5K difference.

I agree here. My statement looked like 5,000 points, then I called the customer service # on back of the card and the automated system said I had 10,000+ points so I was satisfied. I then spoke to an agent and had my certificates mailed to me. My two $50 OBC certificates came in 3 days, my husbands took 10 days. Filled them out and sent on to Crown and Anchor. Just checked w/my TA and they are already applied to our onboard account.

Archived