Carnival Cruise-Christmas Surprise-Ideas?

Rezalien32

Ok, I've booked a Feb 8th cruise on the Conquest as a Christmas gift/surprise for my wife (and me and the kids too :D).

Without going into boring details...let's just say she's NOT expecting this AT ALL. She's not really even expecting much in the way of Christmas gifts so a 7 day family cruise on Carnival is going to shock her!

Help me think of a creative/crazy/fun way to give her this gift! I'm all out of ideas...

The only thing I could think of is wrapping a bottle of suntan lotion or box of dramamine with the Funpass and giving that to her...surely you guys/gals have a better CRAZIER idea to deliver this gift to her?!

IDEAS?

Ok, I've booked a Feb 8th cruise on the Conquest as a Christmas gift/surprise for my wife (and me and the kids too :D).

Without going into boring details...let's just say she's NOT expecting this AT ALL. She's not really even expecting much in the way of Christmas gifts so a 7 day family cruise on Carnival is going to shock her!

Help me think of a creative/crazy/fun way to give her this gift! I'm all out of ideas...

The only thing I could think of is wrapping a bottle of suntan lotion or box of dramamine with the Funpass and giving that to her...surely you guys/gals have a better CRAZIER idea to deliver this gift to her?!

IDEAS?

I'm interested in your replies to this....as we have booked in March for a surprise Christmas gift to our kids!

I sawsome good ideas discussed on this board awhile back, so you might do a search of you haven't already. I surprised my hubby with an anniversary cruise for X-mas 2 years ago, and I put a bunch of cruise/beach/port stuff in a box (cheap sunglasses, sunscreen, plastic palm trees, dolphins, small boats, maracas, captain's hat, etc.). At the bottom of the box was our cruise paperwork I printed out and a book about Carribbean cruises and ports. He couldn't believe it! Good luck and have a great cruise.

Why not just get her and the family a lot of little things pertaining to the cruise. All wrapped separate. You could do things like a lanyard for sign and sail card, power strip for room, a small alarm clock (walmart 5$), sunscreen,

sunglasses, just lots of cleapie things. Then, after they have open all these silly items, and think you are a complete idiot, you can give them a box with your cruise details all printed out.

I wish my husband would do something like that. It would be so much fun.

If you search, there was a lot of ideas for small gifts awhile back. Lots of them can be bought at the dollar store or walmart and won't cost much at all.

Good luck.

Your wife is very lucky.

Why not just get her and the family a lot of little things pertaining to the cruise. All wrapped separate. You could do things like a lanyard for sign and sail card, power strip for room, a small alarm clock (walmart 5$), sunscreen,

sunglasses, just lots of cleapie things. Then, after they have open all these silly items, and think you are a complete idiot, you can give them a box with your cruise details all printed out.

I wish my husband would do something like that. It would be so much fun.

If you search, there was a lot of ideas for small gifts awhile back. Lots of them can be bought at the dollar store or walmart and won't cost much at all.

Good luck.

Your wife is very lucky.

What they said....but end it with a plastic ship with the fun pass printed out. Maybe have the ship mixed in as an ornament on the tree (but in the back so they don't see it right off).

OR

Do a scavenger hunt....clues to lead to the boxes with item and maybe letter with each to spell out CRUISE or SHIP NAME. Final Item is the "ship ornament".

YES! That's it...wrap 8 individual silly "cruise items", attach a letter to each gift to spell out CONQUEST, and have a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find each gift...ending with the toy ship with Fun Pass attached.

My kids will LOVE the game, so will the wife for that matter...and it's completely different.

THX MUCH FOR THE IDEAS! This will be fun...:p

YES! That's it...wrap 8 individual silly "cruise items", attach a letter to each gift to spell out CONQUEST, and have a scavenger hunt throughout the house to find each gift...ending with the toy ship with Fun Pass attached.

My kids will LOVE the game, so will the wife for that matter...and it's completely different.

THX MUCH FOR THE IDEAS! This will be fun...:p

Glad you liked it...please post back and let us know how it went over :)

I'm giving my kids a cruise for Christmas as well. Have a Scavenger Hunt already typed/printed and ready to go. I have the first clue a pic of airplane, then the hotel, activities in FL, then each port, and the last a pic of the cruise and the funpasses. :D Can't wait, I am more excited for Christmas than the kids!!

We use the "personalized" snowglobes that you can purchase at any photo dept. They have a slot where you can put in a photo or information of you own. I have done this a number of times. I usually put in a picture of the destination (ship) on one side and the trip details (Your going on a cruise, etc) on the other side.!

When they first open it, they are like: Great, nice cheap snowglobe...until they look closer!

Archived