Fins 'n Flippers-what currency is the change?

gargoyle999

Ok..based on all the positive comments on this board, we have made reservations at Fins 'n Flippers for our Carnival Miracle cruise in Feb that was unexpectedly changed to include a stop in Roatan.

I just have a couple questions:

If you pay for things in cash, what currency do they give you change in?

The email they sent indicates they take credit cards. Can you pay for everything, food, drink, etc, with a CC. Are there additional fees for using a CC?

I suggest that you send them an email and ask.

The Honduran currency is the 'Lempira' -- currently worth about $.05 US dollars. I would guess that change under 1 US$ would be given in local currency (US coins are seldom used outside the US and Canada).

You should be able to run a "tab" all day and settle it at the end, but you should also ask this to be sure.

Ok..based on all the positive comments on this board, we have made reservations at Fins 'n Flippers for our Carnival Miracle cruise in Feb that was unexpectedly changed to include a stop in Roatan.

I just have a couple questions:

If you pay for things in cash, what currency do they give you change in?

The email they sent indicates they take credit cards. Can you pay for everything, food, drink, etc, with a CC. Are there additional fees for using a CC?

We ran a tab and used dollars to pay for lunch and drinks but didn't ask for any change. We paid the entry fee, shopping, and massage on credit card. The credit card company added small fee - less than a dollar. I also cashed a traveler's check there and got US dollars. FnF is a wonderful place.You will have a great time. (book a massage!)

Bill

I thought about just not worrying about actual change. Wasn't sure if that would mess up the till at the end of the day or something. I just won't worry about it then!

We've booked snorkeling! :)

Book both! They are cheap and you ARE on vacation! ;)

Bill

We were at Fins & Flippers on 26 Dec 2008. Paid for admission and snorkel rental with cash. Please be aware that 4% tax does apply to the $20.00 admission and purchases. We paid cash for food/beverages and used credit card for souvenirs. Change was given in US dollars.

You have made a great choice.

Archived