Going on the Splendor...

Carnival3cruiser

Hey all. I'm new to this site. My family and I are going on the Carnival Splendor January 3. We're looking forward to going, but we're just not sure what to expect. After cruising a few times with Carnival, we have found it to be exceptional, however, our last cruise, on the Liberty, seemed to have terrible food. Otherwise, the ship was exceptional. We also did have to complain a bit about the big screen on the Lido Deck, as they decided to show the same videos (of waterfalls, beaches, etc...) all the time. Anyone with information or photos about the Splendor please let me know! :)

Thanks!

Hey all. I'm new to this site. My family and I are going on the Carnival Splendor January 3. We're looking forward to going, but we're just not sure what to expect. After cruising a few times with Carnival, we have found it to be exceptional, however, our last cruise, on the Liberty, seemed to have terrible food. Otherwise, the ship was exceptional. We also did have to complain a bit about the big screen on the Lido Deck, as they decided to show the same videos (of waterfalls, beaches, etc...) all the time. Anyone with information or photos about the Splendor please let me know! :)

The food was ok on the Splendor. It was good the first few days, but then a little boring (I took a 12 night med. cruise on the Splendor). The food in the supper club (steak house) was excellent and ended up eating there 2 nights.

The big screen played music, some videos, and movies at night. The movies were the best, so comfortable with the blankets and lounge chairs. I went 2 nights. The ship can close over the center pool near the big screen, so its nice in there at night. I don't know if they close it on the Caribbean cruises, but I liked the fact it was dry on the deck in the center in the morning.

Thanks so much for that info! Was your Cruise Director Goose? or did you get John Heald? From what I understand, the Cruise Director decides what goes on the big screen? I certainly hope things work out...I have read some good things, as well as bad things, about Goose, who will be our cruise director during our cruise.

Thanks so much for that info! Was your Cruise Director Goose? or did you get John Heald? From what I understand, the Cruise Director decides what goes on the big screen? I certainly hope things work out...I have read some good things, as well as bad things, about Goose, who will be our cruise director during our cruise.

Goose was the (is) the cruise director. What I liked was that he was not annoying like some have been in the past with announcements!

Food was good and there is plenty of variety IF one looks for it! Be sure to try out the Rotiserie (sp?). It is not frequented as much as the regular buffet, especially the first few days. Most haven't found it yet..........

I was on the Dec. 6 sailing. The lines were pretty long at the Lido buffet, the grill, and the deli if you went during the busiest times, but not too bad during the less busy times. If you do breakfast late (e.g., 10 or 11) the lines will be pretty long. Rotisserie didn't have lines, and it served good roast chicken and baked potatoes.

I was on the first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I loved the ship, loved the food and Goose was great, not over the top.

There is so much food selection that I don't see how you can get bored. I can eat a bowl of cereal for dinner and be happy so am not that picky. I never got to try half of the food offered. I did get the cheese plate every night at dinner first. YUMMY.

I thought the jewelry was beautiful on the ship. They had bought a lot of murano glass and I loved the Gabrielle Bruni collection. My friend bought me the most beautiful ring for my birthday.

We watched two movies and that was nice under the stars.

I think you will love it and enjoy!

I sailed on the Splendor trans-atlantic & thought the food was the best I've ever had on any of my 10 Carnival cruises. Surprisingly, there were no repeats for the 16 night cruise in the dining room. Standards like steak, free range chicken, & warm melting chocolate cake were offered every night but the menus also included a good selection of various meats, salads, soups, & desserts. Every night there was a different movie on the big screen but during the day it was mostly just ocean scenes. Goose was the CD & he is ok.

Archived