Adult Only Cruise Lines

BroncosFan2010

I know that some all inclusive resorts are "Adult Only" and don't allow anyone under 18 or 21. Are there any luxury cruise lines that are the same way? DH and I do not have children, and are not planning on having any. We love to cruise, and seeing as how we have the time and money to pick more luxury cruise lines, we would really like to be selective in adult only vacations.

There are no adults only cruise line. With that said far fewer children will travel on the luxury cruise lines and during certain times of the year there will be voyages with either no children or very few children. And a subset of these cruise lines which sail ships that are on the smaller end will have even fewer children.

Avoid summer and holiday cruises.

Cruise lines in this category to consider are Seabourn, Silversea, SeaDream, Crystal and Regent.

Of these five lines, Sea Dream, Seaborn and Silversea have the smaller of the ships.

Keith

P&O cruises offers two ships that are adults only, the Arcadia and Artemis, but they are not marketed in the US. They are located most of the year sailing in Australia and New Zealand.

I do have to respectfully disagree with cb. Having lots of kids on a cruise can make a huge difference. I've been on cruises where kids have taken over the elevators to make them their private party areas, where kids have thrown feces in the pool causing it to be closed for two days for cleaning, having kids start food fights in the dining room and buffet and a lot of other foolish behaviors.

If you want to sail on a mass market line with few kids, take a longer cruise of at least 14 days, cruise the second week of January through the first week of February or the last week of April through the third week of May. Stay away from Carnival, NCL, RCCI and MSC. Take a more exotic itinerary.

I've taken three, fourteen day, Panama Canal cruises on Celebrity, and I could count on one hand the number of kids on the ship. The last one, in November of 2007, had exactly 4 kids on board, and two of those were babies. Oh, and don't sail out of San Juan, at any time. The few times we sailed out of SJ, the cruise line sold the remaining cabins to locals, for a reduced price of $350 per person, and there were more than 600 kids on board.

As for the luxury lines, if you sail during summer or a holiday, you will find quite a number of kids on board. But for the rest of the time, you will find few, if any, kids on board. If you're in a younger demographic, those lines do tend to have a fairly high average age, but if that's not an issue for you, give a look to Seabourn, Crystal, Silversea, Sea Dream or Regent.

Thank you for the helpful information! We will be looking at some of those lines, especially for the Australia/New Zealandd. Children and the amount on board can play a big role in the feel and enjoyment of a cruise. We try to avoid them at all costs!!!

I bet a cruise line could make quite a profit if they had more popular sailings that catered to adults only! Tons of all inclusive resorts offer that! Why not cruise ships?

They don't offer it because the money is where the families are. They are not only catering to present families, but to generations of future cruisers. Rennaissance tried being an adults only cruise line, but we all know what happened there. Your best bet is to take a longggggg cruise on something like Princess or Celebrity or go with something like Crystal and stay away from cruising during the holidays and during summer.

P&O offer two adult only ships. The Arcadis and Artemis. They are UK based and usually sail from Southampton. Have a look at their UK (.co.uk) website where you will find lots of information. You could also look at the P&O UK section on this board. Hope this helps

Oceania have the 3 of the old R ships ...they do not have any children's programs so less children.

They may not be luxury cruise line but small ships with casual dress code (not sloppy)

good food, limited smoking only 2 small areas

They do allow children but on many of our Oceania cruises we have only had a couple of children & they are very well mannered you hardly know they are there.

• 2 weeks later...

P & O market Arcadia as an "adults only" cruise. This is the UK arm of Princess. Sailing out of Southampton it will be in Europe this summer: Mediterranean, Baltic and Norway. It has a speciality restaurant from the Chef Gary Rhodes, which is highly rated, and excellent entertainment, such as Cirque de Soleil.

I've sailed with Oceania, who have 3 classy, small ships, and no facilities for children. The food on board is excellent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Even on lines that have kids---they shouldn't bother you unduly. As long as you don't have to take care of them, it shouldn't be a problem! Aside from the pool, you will likely not even see them!

Do you cruise much? Kids are every where and running wild.

• 1 month later...
kitty9 -- you're 100% correct! And, where are these old threads coming from:confused:

Sometimes I swear that people just search for old threads and respond, regardless of the fact that the original poster probably sailed years ago and the question is moot, for them.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the helpful information! We will be looking at some of those lines, especially for the Australia/New Zealandd. Children and the amount on board can play a big role in the feel and enjoyment of a cruise. We try to avoid them at all costs!!!

I bet a cruise line could make quite a profit if they had more popular sailings that catered to adults only! Tons of all inclusive resorts offer that! Why not cruise ships?

Right there with ya!! I love the All Inclusive adult only resorts... the worst part of an otherwise amazing cruise is people letting their kids run wild. An adult only cruise would be perfect!!

-KD

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than 3 years old, LOL !!!

Kids do NOT run wild on luxury lines and this is what this board is all about.

You obviously were not on one of my Crystal cruises. The kids ran amok. My personal favorite aside from them flipping the do not disturb signs to please service room would be the ice fights they had that didn't appear to be constrained to a single part of the ship.

Necrod threads are fun.:D

Kids will run wild wherever their parents will allow them to. They have rolled down isles in the in the theater, jumped on the seats, on Regent. There may not have been a lot of children on board, but these three managed to be quite disruptive. Have also heard of children (on Regent) crawling on the floors and under tables (not ones where their parents were sitting) during dinner.

As a start, perhaps some cruises lines (luxury, mainstream, premium) could run a couple of "adult only" sailings. One during the summer would be great as it would enable teachers (that can only cruise when school is not in session) to have a child-free vacation.

Kids will run wild wherever their parents will allow them to. They have rolled down isles in the in the theater, jumped on the seats, on Regent. There may not have been a lot of children on board, but these three managed to be quite disruptive. Have also heard of children (on Regent) crawling on the floors and under tables (not ones where their parents were sitting) during dinner.

As a start, perhaps some cruises lines (luxury, mainstream, premium) could run a couple of "adult only" sailings. One during the summer would be great as it would enable teachers (that can only cruise when school is not in session) to have a child-free vacation.

That's an interesting idea, you could brand it an educator/educational administrator cruise.

Archived