Radiance 8602 or 8596

Look2Sea

I am debating between 8602 (aft part of hump) and 8596 (middle of hump).

Why is 8602 an E1, and 8596 an E2?

Is it because 8602 has slightly larger balcony?

Would 8602 have less privacy?

If while standing at rail, would side of ship aft of hump see you?

The hump doesn't affect your privacy at all. 8602 will have a deeper balcony than the mid-hump location. Whenever anyone stands at the rail, any neighbor will be able to see you--that's true on ANY balcony!!!! But sitting back a ways, you're good to go, (unless your neighbor is a "peeker")--and that's true of any balcony, as well!

We've had 7602 which is just one deck down from 8602 on 3 cruises and I think it's one of the best cabins on the ship. We always try to get it. The location is perfect and you can see both ends of the ship with no obstructions. The balcony is slightly larger (tiny bit bowed) but not by much. You will be able to walk to the opening of the Centrum in about 10 seconds and look down and see what's going on down there. Also, the computer station is only a few seconds away if you want to read or send you emails. I would take it in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't worry about the wind. It's never bothered us. The hump cabins don't stick out all that far to make a huge difference with wind. If we could get that cabin on our next cruise we would. We will be on the Brilliance (sister ship cabin locations are all the same) but it's a Meditereanean and will cost twice what we normally pay so we are settling for an outside without balcony this time.

We were in 8602 on the Brilliance and loved it! The balcony was a little larger and as previously posted was private if you are back from the railing. I loved it :)because of the location, we never felt like we had to walk down a hallway to get to the cabin. The centrum was right there, just a few steps from the doorway. We had no problem with noise and would take that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for feedback.

I would be happy with either cabin.

I am arranging cruise for my son's honeymoon so that is why it was hard to make decision. I spoke to my son, and he also said he would be happy with either cabin. Thank you all.

8602 is one of my favorite balcony cabins on Radiance class ships. We've had it on both Brilliance and Radiance. Pictures of the cabin our on our Webshots page with the link to those albums in my signature below.

One of the nice things is the outside walls, which work well for setting out your luggage. It's more of an L shape and gives you a little more room/space when setting your luggage out the night before disembarkation.

Thank you DougP

I booked 8602, but then 8596 became available, and that caused me to ponder. I checked with my son, and he said that he is happy with 8602.

I have previously viewed your pictures on Webshots, and read your posts.

I have tremendous respect for your information and views.

Just wondering, did you ever have a cabin on forward part of hump?

Look2Sea....Regarding your question about the forward part of the hump....our favorite Radiance class cabin is #9576 which is on the forward hump. It is very quiet and very convenient and has an extra large balcony. It is, however, a D1 cabin. Just an FYI. If you look at the deck plans, there may be a similar cabin directly below #9576 in the E category....not sure about this.

Archived