Wondering when the Voyager out of Galveston will have some good cruise prices??

dixie54

We have been on the Voyager b4 and got some really good cruise prices. They are really a lot higher than we paid last year. I would think with the economy, they would be more competative. We like the Promenade cabins. The RCCl website only shows a few available for Feb. and March 2009 Do they open up more later?? Also, has RCCL done away with the fuel surcharge for 2009?

Thanks for any info!

We got great rates for our Jan. 11 sailing, but it is too late now as it is almost sold out and the prices for OV's and balconies have gone up in the last couple of weeks. If you or your travel companion have served at least 2 years in the military, there appears to be military discounts on almost all of the Voyager's sailings according to *****.com. When we first booked this cruise last January, the rates for OV and insides were very high. Insides started at $820 including fuel surcharge. With residency rates, lowered rates, and inside guarantee rates, and removal of fuel sc, those rates came down to $519. Our balcony, with a C&A coupon, our Diamond+ discount, military discount and fuel sc removed came to less than $750!! There are currently no fuel surcharges for bookings effective on or after Jan. 1, 2009. Check every day for resident and senior discounts and just to see if the base rates have gone down. I think you will find that about 60 days out, the prices will go down.

We have been on the Voyager b4 and got some really good cruise prices. They are really a lot higher than we paid last year. I would think with the economy, they would be more competative. We like the Promenade cabins. The RCCl website only shows a few available for Feb. and March 2009 Do they open up more later?? Also, has RCCL done away with the fuel surcharge for 2009?

Thanks for any info!

The fares seem to have gone up very recently. They must be nearing capacity. For a while, the February sailings were at 499.00 for a guarantee inside and 699.00 for a guarantee balcony (and there was a coupon!). So, there were bargains to be had, they must have all been grabbed. Keep looking...you never know!

I think the fuel surcharge is gone as long and the price of oil stays down.

I agree with the above post that since the Fuel Surcharge is gone it's increased some interest in cruising and maybe, just maybe Galveston is becoming a more attractive port for folks to cruise out of due to it's proximity in the middle of the country (lots of flights to multiple airports with SW Airlines, usually good weather and driveable for many in the midsection).

So RCI take a cue and leave a ship in G'town year-round!

The fares seem to have gone up very recently. They must be nearing capacity. For a while, the February sailings were at 499.00 for a guarantee inside and 699.00 for a guarantee balcony (and there was a coupon!). So, there were bargains to be had, they must have all been grabbed. Keep looking...you never know!

AND a coupon???????? We missed the coupon!

I feel the same about Explorer cruises out of NJ. The rates are sky high compared to cruises leaving from Florida, especially in August, which is the only time I can cruise. We jumped to Princess last year and saved over $1500 over Explorer, and comparing August cruises out of NY/NJ again this year, Princess is more competitively priced again. We love the RCI product, but they are pricing themselves out of our range.

Jan 11th as someone mentioned and april 4th both went down to prices starting at $449. Balconies for most any date except over the holidays were $699 for a guarantee.

Prices this year were lower than last year at their lowest. They reduced prices so low they probably got a lot of bookings and as the ships filled up the prices started to go back up.

Besides that, this coming season RCL gave everyone some great cabin assignments. All the inside guarantees got PR cabins and all the balcony guarantees got D balconys. Maybe prices and upgrades were so generous because Ike depressed the market. I loved the prices myself.

I missed the coupon, but I saw the last date in March down to $399 with discounts for a while. $200 off any cabin on one site plus another $50 OBC.

My date also went down to prices starting at $399, but I was already booked, new booking only. $449 plus $100 off a cabin, plus $50 OBC was showing on the site I watch for price drops on.

I missed the really good prices by booking early, but there were sure deals to be had on Voyager.

Yep you could get a balcony on most dates for $699, minus your balcony discount. When balcony guarantees dropped to $699 half my roll call changed from the balconys they picked to the $699 price. Even better if you were platinum or diamond, which Im not... yet.

Jan 11th as someone mentioned and april 4th both went down to prices starting at $449. Balconies for most any date except over the holidays were $699 for a guarantee.

We actually got that deal two months ago Firefly! Switched to a balcony guarantee and were upgraded to D1 from our original $899 E1!! Some deals may be still available for April. But ya gotta be on it constantly. Check every day. I've had the prices change while in the booking online!!!!:eek:

We actually got that deal two months ago Firefly! Switched to a balcony guarantee and were upgraded to D1 from our original $899 E1!! Some deals may be still available for April. But ya gotta be on it constantly. Check every day. I've had the prices change while in the booking online!!!!:eek:

Im happy with my price, would surprise me if it went down again. already made final payment due Jan 11th to my TA. I just shrugged it off when they had that big discount at the time to book, assuming it was for new bookings only and the extra $50 OBC, I did get $50 from my TA, so that part was a wash.

I did call my friends when prices went lower than what I paid. Some on my roll call didnt take the price drop, they were afraid of losing their cabins we got assigned so early. I thought long and hard, but took the $50 pp drop, and they let me keep my cabin, whew. Dont want to take another chance!!! hahahahahha :D

Archived