Cartagena - Lee Miles tours vs Dora's tours

JIMDSB2

I am booked for next Jan. I picked out a photo stop plus 3 visits and shopping. He seems to like the restuarant as all his tours go there. his prices are fair for a city tour.

You will totally enjoy the tour and the lunch. I hope you get Claudia as your guide. Make sure you order the coconut rice!

• 1 year later...

We just returned from a December 15-30, 2010, Coral Princess tour through the Panama Canal. We took Lee Miles tour of the city and thoroughly enjoyed it. J.C. is the best guide and gave a great tour. I would pick this tour company. We ended up buying local Columbian coffee and some farm types at a shop in the mall where we ended with the Lee Miles Emerald shop. Enjoyed the tour of old town, new town, monastery and the fort. Nice sized van with 10 people and lots of room and air conditioned, too. Didn't find much economical shopping but didn't need to do that anyway.:) Sheri

We went on RCL Jewel of the Seas 1/3/11 (3 couples ) and toured with Claudia..who you can book with directly. She was wonderful. I met Lee in his jewelry store by accident. He confirmed that he doesn't give tours....just organizes them. I don't know what his cut is for organizing the tour. So why not just book directly with Claudia? She spoke very good English and was extremely knowledgeable.

Lee is an American and admits to not knowing as much as Claudia or even Dora about Columbia since they are natives. His lively hood is his jewelry store.

Anyway, I had to put my 2cents in!!

We went on RCL Jewel of the Seas 1/3/11 (3 couples ) and toured with Claudia..who you can book with directly. She was wonderful. I met Lee in his jewelry store by accident. He confirmed that he doesn't give tours....just organizes them. I don't know what his cut is for organizing the tour. So why not just book directly with Claudia? She spoke very good English and was extremely knowledgeable.

Lee is an American and admits to not knowing as much as Claudia or even Dora about Columbia since they are natives. His lively hood is his jewelry store.

Anyway, I had to put my 2cents in!!

How much did the tour cost? Harry

Which Tour company would you recommend for a tour of the town, including old town.

Any other suggestions...

Just returned from the partial canal on the Coral Princess. Arranged a Lee Miles tour and had Elkin as our tour guide (HE WAS EXCELLENT). Elkin had lanyards made for us to wear to distinguish us from other groups on other tours. We did not have to pay fees just follow Elkin and walk into the sites. If we wanted to change anything all we had to do was tell Elkin and he would make any changes.

The mini bus we had would seat 16 very effectively, we had 12. William was our driver and we always felt safe. We could leave our extra belongings in the bus and never had to worry about them.

The following is the itiniery I created with the help of Lee. He will schedule anything you want. We chose minimal shopping and no strenuous walking. I would jump at the chance to work with him again for a tour. That is probably the only reason for me to get off the ship.

Tidbits of information: 5% of busses have air conditioning. The stops have no air conditioning other than the Gold Museum and Mr. Emerald. The temperature was 88 Degrees with a heat index of 102. Be ready with a cool towel in your carry bag when returning to the bus.

c08f1cd6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We just returned from our cruise through the Panama Canal on the Coral Princess. In Cartagena, Columbia we booked a tour for six with Dora with Caragenatours.com. She met us as we got off the ship and took us for about a four hour tour. She is very informative, lots of history and culture. We saw all the areas we wanted to see especially the beautiful old city. Our group agreed that the tour was great and Dora was one of the best tour guides that we have ever used. At no time did we feel unsafe. I would highly recommend her and her company in Cartagena.

Explorerdora@cartagenatour.com

http://www.cartagenatour.com

Archived