? about FLL and AirTran

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)

Hi All

We just got an email with a flight time change on our AirTran flight home. Unfortunately, it leaves us with a 35 minute layover in Atlanta, which I am not willing to chance. If we miss the flight, there is a long wait before the next one, which would land us in Boston 5 hours later than expected. I am going to call AirTran to switch the first leg of our flight to an earlier one. My question is this. Since we have never flown out of FLL, we are unfamiliar with the airport.

Our original flight was at 8:30 AM, we are planning to book on the 7:30 AM flight. What time should we plan to get to FLL-5:30AM?

If you are coming directly from the ship there is no way you could make a 7:30 AM flight. I seriously doubt you could have made the 8:30 AM flight either.

If you are not coming from a cruise ship arriving around 5:30 would be fine. If this is during a holiday or spring break I wouldn't push it much further. Better safe than sorry.

If you are coming directly from the ship there is no way you could make a 7:30 AM flight. I seriously doubt you could have made the 8:30 AM flight either.

If you are not coming from a cruise ship arriving around 5:30 would be fine. If this is during a holiday or spring break I wouldn't push it much further. Better safe than sorry.

We are flying home the day after the cruise. It is during February vacation time though-the last day before back to school. Flying out on Saturday was much more expensive for us, so we decided to extend the vacation a day, fly home on Sunday, and spend less $$ overall.

Is FLL open 24 hours a day? I not, what time does it open in the AM? We'll have a rental to drop off too...

I don't get why so many airlines are scheduling such tight connections with few options if the connection is missed:confused:.

Archived