Anybody left??

Debde

Thanks Mema :)' date='[/b']

It's been so dreary and gray here in Houston that we just had to book another cruise to get away for a while. I think its safe to say that we are absolutely, totally addicted to cruising and I consider myself truly blessed that DH loves cruising as much as I do!!!

Happy cruising everybody! :D

Yeah, Thanks, Mema, what my wonderful wife (DW) said. It's great to see you here, and hope we cruise on the same ship at the same time one day!! Whoop Whoop!! :D

Here's my take...I am a math teacher, so please forgive the analogy.

If I pay for x, and I get x...I am happy. I'm not expecting x+1...but if I get it, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If I pay for x and I get x-1, then I will express my dissatisfaction. I would expect most of you would do the same. I guess we all have different tolerances though for what x-1 is.

I'm new to cruising...in the past, have people typically gotten more than what they have paid for? Perhaps the problem is that people are paying for x but expecting x+1 like they have in the past, and then they express their dissatisfaction when they only get x.

Again, forgive the analogy...this is how my brain works :)

I may begin to like math! That's very clear and right on the money!:)

kidless-not once but twice. I'm special!!;)

I remember the McDonalds comercial that said change back from your dollar. That was your whole meal. Now they have a dollar menu. Times change.

Not special, just hit the button twice by mistake.

I think you missed the point of my of post! Times do change there will be some who are bothered by the changes and some who are not.

But the idea of this website is to come on and talk about the good and bad about cruising, however in some cases if anyone mentions the negative they get beat up over it, like we are only suppose to get on here and be cheerleaders!

I think the site would get pretty boring if that were the case!

Well, people, I am SO SORRY but I do have a MAJOR complaint!!!

My complaint is that I don't have a cruise planned anytime in the near, or even far, future!! :(

That's my only complaint!! ;)

I would love to be booked on another cruise, anxiously awaiting to board and enjoy a few days in the beautiful Caribbean sun on a gorgeous ship. But alas, that isn't about to happen any time soon. Wah...... :(

kidless-Maybe I did miss your point as possibly you missed mine too. I don't think I was being a cheerleader but maybe it came off that way. As jtutak stated, possibly because I have not sailed that much-I may not know all the changes that have been happening.

I was just trying to point out the trivial ones. Repeat gifts were one. I don't think I sail enough to have that problem. Heck-my second cruise-by a fluke was a member cruise. Just from that I have stuff stored up and given away.

Complaints where the D and D+ lounges are. I'm thinking when RC started this scale-they did not see the future of the economy being great for a bit and they did start lowering prices that opened up the doors for many more to cruise. D status can be knocked off quickly by some. I just thought-be happy you're there. I don't think I'll be there as quick as some and would sure like to have that issue!!:)

Food-well a buffet is a buffet. Either you like um or you don't. Preparing mass quantaties if food in the DR can be difficult-even at home in a restaurant. Affairs like weddings and so on. It's not really your fine dining experience you will experience at home in a fancy schnancy restaurant.

I have searched all the cruise lines and man, there are some luxury lines out there that seem to have it all. That includes a hefty tag at the end. RC is a mass market cruie line-geared at families now. They will lower prices to generate more business but i'm thinking they will have to cut back and sur-charge much more then the $3.95 RS and no more chips for exercising. I'll bet we will see alot more and all I wanted to point out was enjoy your vacation while you are still healthy, can take time off from work and can still be able to pay for it without requesting government help!! :p Rememebr-they keep adding bigger ships. I've seen two small ships leave the fleet and replaced by mega monsters. Lots of cabins to fill.

Funny-I thought I was far from a cheerleader. I have no problem doing the math, [i may need some help from Kim4 ;)] seeing what is in my travel budget for my next vacation and choose accordingly. I will spend my money where it suits my wallet. I prefer a cruise but if not-it will be someplace else. If RC can not deliver it-I will move on. Right now-all whopping 3 have been great so I'll continue to keep them in the options.

It's all good for me baby:p Like SheilaSailAway says, "Smile, it does a body good!";) I wish people would stop complaining about losing their diamond concierge locations and perks before we lose the whole designation. They may take the whole loyalty program away if we don't appreciate it! And it's my turn dang it!

kidless-Maybe I did miss your point as possibly you missed mine too. I don't think I was being a cheerleader but maybe it came off that way. As jtutak stated, possibly because I have not sailed that much-I may not know all the changes that have been happening.

I was just trying to point out the trivial ones. Repeat gifts were one. I don't think I sail enough to have that problem. Heck-my second cruise-by a fluke was a member cruise. Just from that I have stuff stored up and given away.

Complaints where the D and D+ lounges are. I'm thinking when RC started this scale-they did not see the future of the economy being great for a bit and they did start lowering prices that opened up the doors for many more to cruise. D status can be knocked off quickly by some. I just thought-be happy you're there. I don't think I'll be there as quick as some and would sure like to have that issue!!:)

Food-well a buffet is a buffet. Either you like um or you don't. Preparing mass quantaties if food in the DR can be difficult-even at home in a restaurant. Affairs like weddings and so on. It's not really your fine dining experience you will experience at home in a fancy schnancy restaurant.

I have searched all the cruise lines and man, there are some luxury lines out there that seem to have it all. That includes a hefty tag at the end. RC is a mass market cruie line-geared at families now. They will lower prices to generate more business but i'm thinking they will have to cut back and sur-charge much more then the $3.95 RS and no more chips for exercising. I'll bet we will see alot more and all I wanted to point out was enjoy your vacation while you are still healthy, can take time off from work and can still be able to pay for it without requesting government help!! :p Rememebr-they keep adding bigger ships. I've seen two small ships leave the fleet and replaced by mega monsters. Lots of cabins to fill.

Funny-I thought I was far from a cheerleader. I have no problem doing the math, [i may need some help from Kim4 ;)] seeing what is in my travel budget for my next vacation and choose accordingly. I will spend my money where it suits my wallet. I prefer a cruise but if not-it will be someplace else. If RC can not deliver it-I will move on. Right now-all whopping 3 have been great so I'll continue to keep them in the options.

Well said!!! :D

Here's my take...I am a math teacher, so please forgive the analogy.

If I pay for x, and I get x...I am happy. I'm not expecting x+1...but if I get it, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If I pay for x and I get x-1, then I will express my dissatisfaction. I would expect most of you would do the same. I guess we all have different tolerances though for what x-1 is.

I'm new to cruising...in the past, have people typically gotten more than what they have paid for? Perhaps the problem is that people are paying for x but expecting x+1 like they have in the past, and then they express their dissatisfaction when they only get x.

Again, forgive the analogy...this is how my brain works :)

Also some people have experienced x and y. After evaluating the rise and run of things, they realize x has the best overall value . There are times when the price of x will over run the price of y or visa-versa. Sometimes I can afford both, other times neither. I have always experienced x raised to some power . The price of my x has always started low, so it doesn't take much to raise it. I am ready for my Algebra class.:D

If it weren't for my daughter's generous gift, my husband and I could never afford a cruise this February! Even though it's a bit of a hardship for us (kennel fees, no paycheck for the week, etc.) we are grateful for the opportunity. I expect a great vacation and don't expect to spend a cent. From all the good things I've read on these boards I expect to gain weight, meet great people, watch the service industry at its best, get a great tan, see places I never expected to see and come back as relaxed as a wet noodle.

Happy New Year, y'all

revbrenda

Last time I checked this site was called "CRUISE CRITIC". I believe most people if not all on this site Love Cruising and find it to be the best value and best way to spend vacations, or they wouldn't be on here. That said it would be a pretty boring website if everyone got on here and just posted threads like....

"The babies were peeing in the pool but they were so cute"

"The food in the MDR was cold and rubbery but the best we ever had!"

"RCCI is tacking another $80 to our fare to pay for gas, we are so glad didn't know what I'd do with my extra money"

I always find it so amusing, people start threads to bash what they find unacceptable threads. Or start threads complaining about threads where people are complaining......Maybe you should start a website called "Cruise Cheerleaders"

There is always somebody who takes the opposing view regardless how interesting their logic may be.

I found the OP very refreshing.

I guess in a way I am. sorry if it offends some. Kinda figured if a thread on a $3.95 room service fee can have 26 pages, thought someone had to throw themselves under the bus because-yes, I think I'm happy!! ;) Also-it was reminded to me on this thread it is cruise 'critic' so I guess I'm being a critic along with all the other threads.

I knew-right off the bat-most folks would not like it. I'm not in the CC clic as I am not a favorite nor often poster. Don't cruise enough to be on top of everything but can answer a few questions from my few cruises.

Love reading it though. Many have helped in the planning of my last cruise and already am gathering up information to help me make my decision on my next one. For all of you who didn't know you helped me yet-thank you!

Maybe not right now-at this moment, but, when page one is more complaints I thought-someone has to try and give out happy pills, even even someone tries to shove the whole bottle down my throat!! :eek: :p

I am happy if I get to go on a cruise, luckily this year, if we happen to get something extra or some perk that's great, I'll take it, but I certainly don't expect it or go looking for it. And if all I get is the cruise I paid for and nothing more, I will be VERY HAPPY!!! We've only gone on 3 cruises simply because that's all we were able to afford not because we didn't want to go on more. So when I see people complain about silly things and they've been on 30 cruises it just boogles my mind, I would just be happy that I was on the ship!:D Crossing fingers for a cruise this year!

I have never cruised on RCCL before, but am looking forward to a family reunion on the Enchantment of the Seas in Sept. For, me any thing I don't have to cook is great and if somebody else makes the bed and puts out clean towels, I'm happy. I 'm out to have a good time.

BTW, we were on the Island Princess for a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. The seas were rough, so rough the pool was closed and the crew was constantly wiping up the water that was splashing out. It was rainy and we sometimes had gale force winds. Was I unhappy? Heck no! What can you do about the weather anyway?

Archived