going to paradise beach does anyone...

MAO

know if the pool ever got built?

I'm sad that there are so few posts about PB and from Tom these days use to love keeping up to date on the goings on and paoples experiances there:(

We Will Return To PB On January 23rd for Our 4th Visit and Look Forward to Seeing old Friends And Enjoying A Great Time!

Tom Hope To See You There!

know if the pool ever got built?

I'm sad that there are so few posts about PB and from Tom these days use to love keeping up to date on the goings on and paoples experiances there:(

We Will Return To PB On January 23rd for Our 4th Visit and Look Forward to Seeing old Friends And Enjoying A Great Time!

Tom Hope To See You There!

The last post that I saw concerning the pool was that they were working on the permits and no construction had been started. That was a few weeks ago. If their red tape is anything like ours, it may be awhile.

thanks for your response, i was just curious;)

It's been 2 years since going to Cozumel and PB so I am very excited. They were still repairing from a hurricane, I'm sure now it is much better.

Anyone have pics of recent trips to Cozumel or PB?

paradise beach is in great shape!.. and the food is fantastic.. I was there a couple of weeks ago.. it was just after there had been a stormy few days and all the other beaches were filthy, with trash and seaweed at the shoreline, but PB was immaculate with people constantly raking and cleaning.. I took a walk and no other beach was doing this!

I understand that they have received the final permit for the pool!

We just returned from Cozumel, Paradise Beach was beautul!!! The bathrooms very clean and the food was great. The chairs and umbrella were free and a bucket of beer was $15. They still have all the water sports and the Iceberg. This is one of our favorite places!!!:)

Have a wonderful and safe trip!!!

I emailed Tom last week, about snorkel excursions, etc.. and he immediately emailed me back. Even used an alternate email address, when my work email kicked his back. I will cut and paste the info he sent me. Really appreciated that he took the time and looking forward to our 1st trip to PB. :cool:

Admission to the beach is free, as are beach lounges and umbrellas, as long

as you purchase food and/or beverages. A modest $10USD per person minimum

is expected.

Our watertoys are available for unlimited use with the purchase of the

fun-pass for only $10USD. This includes use of kayaks, water trampoline,

14ft climbing iceberg, water mats and full snorkel equipment.

!NEW! !NEW! !NEW!

Our Coconut Tree Climb and Bungee-Trampoline Jump are now included as

well! Seven activities for only $10 bucks...YOU do the math!

Paradise Beach also offers parasailing ($55USD), waverunner rentals ($55USD

per half hour), banana boat rides ($15USD), hair-braids ($ varies according

to length, thickness, # of rows, extras etc), temporary tattoos ($7-70USD

depending on size and intricacy of design), volleyball court ($free!),

internet (free-15 min. max) and heavenly massages ($1USD per minute) on the

beach.

Shop till ya drop...check out our newly expanded boutique. Beachwear,

t-shirts, sandals, handicrafts, souvenirs etc. Lots to choose from at low

prices!

We also offer change rooms, squeeky-clean bathrooms, freshwater showers

and locker rental ($4USD).

Snorkel trips from our pier to the nearby reefs can be booked for groups

of 4 or more. I can arrange a boat for you through a local dive/snorkel

shop that will take you out from our pier at Paradise Beach, to Palancar

and Columbia reefs with a short rest stop at "Hollywood"; a shallow sandy

area littered with starfish!

Here's a link to a video of Columbia Reef. The video is pretty bluish as

is usual, but you can see the true colours in the still pics that come up

from time to time:

The tour lasts for 2.5-3 hours and all equipment, the guide(s), soft

drinks, bottled water and a fruit plate is included onboard. They charge

$50USD per person which includes the local Marine Park fee.

The dive/snorkel shop is owned by fellow Canadian friends, they have a

great reputation and have been doing business here since 1991!

If you're interested, I can call for availability, and make all the

arrangements.

Taxi fare to Paradise Beach will run $13USD one-way (for 1-4 people) from

the International and Puerta Maya piers, and $14USD from the downtown

Punta Langosta and San Miguel piers.

Taxi vans seating up to 8 people are also available. The trip will take

between 10 and 20 minutes. Lots of cabs available at the piers and here at

Paradise Beach...confirm the fare BEFORE you get in!

arh...thanks for the response, I do hope to see Tom when we visit, have met him a few times and he's a great guy and great beach manager. Actually came looking for me to say hello as he knew from the boards I was visiting that day, can't beat that kind of service!

foods always been great and beer is plentiful, have had plenty of experiance and good times at P.B:)

I was at Paradise Beach right before Christmas and it was great. Very affordable. My kids had a great time and so did I. Loved the water toys. We ended up spending a total of $110 for wristbands, food, and drinks. The salsa was great.

My only complaint was the poor people who were tired of waiting for the waiter were treated pretty rudely by him. Instead of saying nicely please order from my instead of going to the bar. It was "hey lady, next time I take your order not the bar." I heard that a couple of times. The wait for service was about 30 minutes but I was too afraid to go up and order myself because of the servers. I only counted four people taking orders and the beach was pretty busy.

Robin

I hope that tom sees this and talks with his staff. I would go to the bar if it got to be too long, the waiters shouldn't speak to people like that in the very least.:(

Glad the reviews are still so great, and hearing about people going etc is helping me get thru these last few days;) Thanks!

We are trying to decide between Paradise beach and Chankanaab Park. I have read most of the threads and from what I can determine, Paradise Beach has a more "traditional" beach where you can wade into the water but Chank. is better for snorkelling. Is there any snorkelling off the beach at Paradise? Also, do they have a children's play area? (We have a 5 year old) There seems to be more activities at Chank. Park. Your thoughts? Thanks!

I was spoken to rudely by one waiter out on the beach. My sons and I were just getting ready to sit on empty loungers when one shouted at me that a lady next to him just paid for the 10 loungers. I never heard of paying for loungers but since he was an employee figured he knew. He didnt have to yell at me though. I am disabled, but not deaf.He gave me dirty looks when I went for my own drinks to the bar but no way was I going to ask him for anything.

Archived