Veendam to Bermuda - got the call!

teacherone

I received a message from HAL this evening that I can book my 2010 Bermuda cruise now. We purchased a FCC while aboard the Eurodam when the Bermuda cruise was first announced. I'll call back tomorrow to get all the info... most importantly pricing! The message said that booking will be open to the public starting on Wednesday.

Anyone booked yet?

Was just off the Eurodam and was not able to book this voyage at this time. They said that when everyone returns from the holidays to work in Seattle they will open the bookings. As it now stands they have 10 sailings in the computer waiting for the ok to open them. Veendam will be sailing from NYC on Sundays and return the following Sunday starting on August 8, 2010 for 10 weeks at which time she will return to her winter home.

Don't I wish Veendam was sailing from Boston to Bermuda. We'd do a Canada/New England cruise on Maasdam and then hop off and onto Veendam for Bermuda, back-to-back. What fun that would have been.

Darn we have to sail from N.Y. :( but we will be doing that I am quite sure. :)

I've read here on this board that there will far more sailings than originally announced. We'll have to see for sure but I think the sailings start before August.

I received a message from HAL this evening that I can book my 2010 Bermuda cruise now. We purchased a FCC while aboard the Eurodam when the Bermuda cruise was first announced. I'll call back tomorrow to get all the info... most importantly pricing! The message said that booking will be open to the public starting on Wednesday.

Anyone booked yet?

Well, now I know what I'll be doing on Wednesday! :)

As it now stands they have 10 sailings in the computer waiting for the ok to open them. Veendam will be sailing from NYC on Sundays and return the following Sunday starting on August 8, 2010 for 10 weeks at which time she will return to her winter home.

that's strange.... HAL had it on their website that they would start Bermuda run in April 2010

This is excerpt from HAL website dated 12/18/08

Holland America Line Increases 2010 Bermuda Cruises to 24

Roundtrip New York Sailings Begin in April Now

Seattle, WA, December 18, 2008 – Holland America Line announced it will more than double its previously announced Bermuda cruises in 2010 from 11 to 24 beginning on April 25, 2010. Sailing roundtrip from New York aboard ms Veendam, the cruises will visit both Hamilton and St. George’s, Bermuda’s cultural and shopping hubs.

Was just off the Eurodam and was not able to book this voyage at this time. They said that when everyone returns from the holidays to work in Seattle they will open the bookings. As it now stands they have 10 sailings in the computer waiting for the ok to open them. Veendam will be sailing from NYC on Sundays and return the following Sunday starting on August 8, 2010 for 10 weeks at which time she will return to her winter home.

4/25/10 to 10/10/10 according to Hal

949 pp for a EE on 10/3 + 111 tax

Itin will be

Sunday depart NY at 1700

Monday Sea

Tuesday arrive St. George 0800

Wed at St George until 1500

Wed Hamilton 1900

Thursday HAmilton

Friday Hamilton until 1400

Saturday At Sea

Sunday Arrive NYC at 0800

This Itin is similair to the Horizon which departed NYC on Saturdays for BDA.

949 pp for a EE on 10/3 + 111 tax

Itin will be

Sunday depart NY at 1700

Monday Sea

Tuesday arrive St. George 0800

Wed at St George until 1500

Wed Hamilton 1900

Thursday HAmilton

Friday Hamilton until 1400

Saturday At Sea

Sunday Arrive NYC at 0800

This Itin is similair to the Horizon which departed NYC on Saturdays for BDA.

thanks for the quoted price... glad to see that that price is for an oceanview (although on the bottom deck); now to see how much that cabin will be during the summer. Seems that October is not peak season...

the only difference I notice between this itinerary & the old Celebrity itinerary is that we left Hamilton in the wee hours of the morning and awoke in St. George.

thanks for the quoted price... glad to see that that price is for an oceanview (although on the bottom deck); now to see how much that cabin will be during the summer. Seems that October is not peak season...

the only difference I notice between this itinerary & the old Celebrity itinerary is that we left Hamilton in the wee hours of the morning and awoke in St. George.

Your right Herb. Curious to see the pricing for X leaving out of Cape Liberty to BDA in 2010.

Pricing seems a bit high on the Veendam. Pricing was almost 2X greater for summer voyages :(

Your right Herb. Curious to see the pricing for X leaving out of Cape Liberty to BDA in 2010.

Pricing seems a bit high on the Veendam. Pricing was almost 2X greater for summer voyages :(

did you ask for summer prices or are you saying that in general prices are higher in summer?

I too am holding out for prices from Celebrity for same cruise. I'll go with the lowest bidder. Both cruiselines are ok with me...

did you ask for summer prices or are you saying that in general prices are higher in summer?

I too am holding out for prices from Celebrity for same cruise. I'll go with the lowest bidder. Both cruiselines are ok with me...

We were looking at some prices in June & July and asked. We also like X & HAl

We were really excited when HAL first announced their Bermuda sailings, and practically delirious when they expanded the dates. We expected the traditionally higher rates due to "supply and demand" but at $1060 for an outside, I am now concerned about balcony pricing.

We'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if it will be "do-able" for us!

Things start winding down in October, I believe, and that is still hurricane season. I suspect the prices will be higher in August.

Just booked the Veendam for Sept 19th, 10. Can't wait to hit Bermuda and NEW YORK!!! Yippee!!!!

Hi, can you give us some ideas of the pricing for Inside, Outside, Verandah, Lanai Stateroom, Spa Statroom etc. We hope to book for August 2010.

Thats for the Sept. 19th sailing date?....

Wow, thats kind of steep, would like to see what Celebrity's pricing or Summit is going to be.

Seems steep to me, too. Double what NCL is...and I realize that's comparing apples and oranges, but still....

Archived