QM2 shuttle from JFK or LGA to Port

Catladyesq

Taking QM2 8/23/09 out of NY - looking for information best shuttle arrangements available from airport to port. Also is it better to fly into LaGuardia or JFK.:cool:

We flew into JFK and the transfer process is very efficient. The Cunard reps were standing near the baggage claim area with large signs. If you cannot find them ask at the nearby Customer Services desk and they will point them out or find them. We were well looked after. On arrival at the terminal you get off the bus and identify your baggage to the (union) porters who load it onto their trolleys with the other passengers baggage and deliver it to the ship.

I have also arrive at LGA for Princess cruises and had very similar experiences.

I would fly into the airport that has the most cost effective flights. Depending on traffic it takes about an hour to the pier - last time we did it in a miraculous 40 mins.

• 3 weeks later...

... here a perfectly sensible question asked and an EXCELLENT answer given. In both transatlantic ports I've found the Cunard transfer process efficient. So easy for us to use...let them do the work.

(.. billet, love the bug! I swatted at my screen and yelled so ... then, DUH! Good fun, that. :) )

• 2 months later...

We will be booking our own flights into and out of NY, does anyone know if Cunard will let us use their transportation, and if so, how do we go about signing up for it. thanks for any information.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can use their transportation. I was told you can call Cunard and sign up for various levels of service. Cheapest was $60.00 per person from JFK to the pier. However, their rep also told me the cab fare was only $40.00, so we are taking a cab. We are driving to JFK and Parking there, and will fly into JFK on our return. Hope this helps.;)

My TA just made reservations for us to use the Cunard transfers. The total cost was $120.00 for us both coming into the airport and going to the ship and then reverse when we get back from the cruise.

• 3 months later...
My TA just made reservations for us to use the Cunard transfers. The total cost was $120.00 for us both coming into the airport and going to the ship and then reverse when we get back from the cruise.

Update on my last post, Don't take the Cunard transfers, they made us wait over 2 hours at the airport, wouldn't take out baggage to the shuttle, we had to rent a carriage to bring the luggage to them and then they took over an hour to get to the ship, took all the streets in Brooklyn, red lights, double parked delivery trucks, you name it. When DH asked the driver why he didn't take BQE and belt parkway to get to ship, he lied and said it doesn't go there. Well we lived there for over 30 years and when he was told that he got flustered and made other excuses. Not worth the $120.00 we paid, and as stated in an earlier post using a cab is less expensive and they help with baggage and take the expected routes.

• 5 weeks later...
Update on my last post, Don't take the Cunard transfers, they made us wait over 2 hours at the airport, wouldn't take out baggage to the shuttle, we had to rent a carriage to bring the luggage to them and then they took over an hour to get to the ship, took all the streets in Brooklyn, red lights, double parked delivery trucks, you name it. When DH asked the driver why he didn't take BQE and belt parkway to get to ship, he lied and said it doesn't go there. Well we lived there for over 30 years and when he was told that he got flustered and made other excuses. Not worth the $120.00 we paid, and as stated in an earlier post using a cab is less expensive and they help with baggage and take the expected routes.

Good information to know Jeanne! Thanks for updating the post!

• 4 weeks later...

Fyi, more on why NOT to take Cunard transfer at U.K. end.

We're "crossing" on QM2 departing Southampton 23 October 2009 and have booked extremely reasonable busfare by going to www.nationalexpress.com. Buses leave every 60-90 minutes from central bus station at Heathrow which is easily reached, take 90-120 minutes, cost about L15 per person (L12, which is about $20, for us old folks over 60) and drop you at the Southampton bus station on Harbour Parade, which is a five minute taxi ride to the Mayflower terminal (only slightly longer to other terminals) costing about $9-10 for the taxi ride. For the bus, reservations advised (easy on their website).

We didn't even bother with a quote from Cunard, but based on distance, it is likely more at the U.K. end than JFK/LGA in U. S.

Archived