need info on aft cabins please

All of the "afts" do have deeper balconies than the sides, but on Voyager class, the balcony doesn't go to the very edge of the ship. They're "set back" a bit, and the hull extends beyond the rail of the balcony.

But, the balcony will be deeper!

On the Radiance class and Vision class the aft balconies are extra large with unobstructed views.

On the Voyager class and Freedom class, they are extra large but there is superstructure that can obstruct the view somewhat.

There is no specific "aft" category. You'll find cabins in various categories on the back of the ship, depending on the class.

I always sail in the aft and I would consider myself prone to motion sickness. I don't think you necessarily feel more motion in the aft, sometimes you feel vibration. I have been aft many times on the Radiance class ships and also on the Voyager class. I love the view from back there and it is usually quiet as there is not a lot of foot traffic back there.

We had 7688 on the Navigator. Unbelievable balcony. We could have put a couch, recliner, and big screen tv out there with no problem. It was almost as big as the cabin. There is a large (4-5 foot) "porthole" on the side of the balcony, so not only is there an aft view, but you can also see the side. The superstructure was no big deal after the first day or so. We still had wonderful views. The motion was not a problem at all. I did not find it any worse than a midship cabin.

We also have booked an aft cabin for the first time and are also curious as to motion and size. We will be on Serenade of Seas, GS room 1600. Has anyone stayed in that room. If so, couple questions..

1. Is the room any smaller/larger that the rest of the Grand Suite rooms?

2. Is the balcony area any larger/smaller than a midship GS?

We have stayed in GS rooms at midship before but a friend told us if we ever get the chance for an aft cabin to grab it. This one was available on our March sailing so we took it. Know we're going to love it no matter what but just curious if there is anyone out there who has actually stayed in that room. We'll be a group of 9 for a family vacation reunion and I know we'll be using our cabin as the central gathering point so as much info as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SEB

Thanks for

We also have booked an aft cabin for the first time and are also curious as to motion and size. We will be on Serenade of Seas, GS room 1600. Has anyone stayed in that room. If so, couple questions..

1. Is the room any smaller/larger that the rest of the Grand Suite rooms?

2. Is the balcony area any larger/smaller than a midship GS?

We have stayed in GS rooms at midship before but a friend told us if we ever get the chance for an aft cabin to grab it. This one was available on our March sailing so we took it. Know we're going to love it no matter what but just curious if there is anyone out there who has actually stayed in that room. We'll be a group of 9 for a family vacation reunion and I know we'll be using our cabin as the central gathering point so as much info as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SEB

Thanks for

We have never cruised on RCCL. We love Celebrity's aft cabins. I can't find much info on RCCL's aft cabins. Do they have huge balconies like Celebrity? What category are they? Are there any tips anyone can offer? Thanks.

We had an aft CC (7208) on Millennium last spring and loved it. This past November we had a corner aft E1 (7388) on Explorer and loved it. We are looking forward to two more corner aft cabins on Voyager class ships: 8390 on Adventure and 9690 on Mariner. Some day I want to book a corner aft D1 (1388 or 1688) on deck 10 of a Voyager class ship -- both cabin and balcony are oversized.

My TA tells me, and I think I agree, that while the aft cabins on all of these ships have wonderfully nice larger balconies, none can really compete with those aft CC cabins on Celebrity's Millennium class ships. Those are special in a whole special class:).

David

Archived