? re time to disembark MSC Fantasia in Genoa

AlanF

O I do have one question

the Fantasia arrives in port on Genoa at 8 on March 22

My group plans to train to Rome--there is a 10:52 train and a 12:52 train

The train station in Genoa looks quite close--how long is the disembark process>I sure would like to do the 10:52 train --gets in to Rome at 4 as opposed to 6

How do folks get off--alphabetical or ?

Can you inform and maybe get off quicker--3 hour gap almost to make 10:52 train ???

thanks

O I do have one question

the Fantasia arrives in port on Genoa at 8 on March 22

My group plans to train to Rome--there is a 10:52 train and a 12:52 train

The train station in Genoa looks quite close--how long is the disembark process>I sure would like to do the 10:52 train --gets in to Rome at 4 as opposed to 6

They do try to get folks off as quickly as possible in readiness for the next guests. However, the time can vary. They haven't started this run yet, so there won't be anyone with any experience to advise of exact disembarkation times at the moment. There is however a chance you can make the earlier train as the station isn't too far away. A quick taxi ride should do it. However, if you don't make it you can always while away a couple of hours in the old port area. Genoa I believe is a very pleasant town.

How do folks get off--alphabetical or ?

Usually large groups and those with MSC transfers are first. We were then given colours according to our cabin numbers..the lower decks first.

Can you inform and maybe get off quicker--3 hour gap almost to make 10:52 train ???

You can always ask at Reception, it's worth a shot. Usually though they try to accomodate those on earlier flights first..and they want to see a ticket. We tried this in Venice but we had a ticketless flight. We finally managed, but I can tell you it took some time. :)

Edit: Just to say, are you sure you arrive at 8? It is showing as a 9am arrival on our website...but you should still make it. I would say a couple of hours is all you will need.

Kind of odd but my link boarding in Genoa the 15th and return 22nd shows 8 arrival in Genoa

http://www.msccruises.com/crociere/cruise.asp?id=18757&page_id=

Other boarders at other ports shows 9 in Genoa

I emailed cruise line and they said 8--but i enclosed my link

8 or 9--the train is very close and leaves at 10:52 so?????

To disembark final time--never having been on a cruise is this some big long delay or if you are ready and can show train tickets will it be ok? Worst case is 2 hours to go a mile

THANKS

The only word of caution I would add to what has already been said is the taxi situation. the first time we got off in genoa, we were in the last gropu, got off about 1oish and walked straight outside and gort a taxi to the staion immediately and as already been said it really is not far away. This september we docked at 9, I wass allowed off in probably one of the middle groups, got outside about the back of ten to find a complete scrum and chaos. there were hundreds of people looking for taxis and there was no queuing syatem at the port or set place where the taxis stopped, Asthis time I was flying home on a flight about 1.30, i was not that bothered to begon with, but when i was still there an hour and a half later and people still kept piling out of the terminal (not sure if another ship or ferry had docked) I was beginning to panic and getting fed up getting pushed out of the way. Fortunately 3 kind Italina ladies also going to the airport took pity on me and allowed me to share with them and I made in it time.

In case you don't know, on italian trains, you have to punch your tickets on yellow machines before getting on the train. In Genoa they are in the main part of the station not on the platforms themselves and you are meant to do this just ashort while before getting on the train. Second point to note, there are flight of stairs to platforms and no elevators a real joy when you are incapable of packing light as I am!

Archived