Costa maya beach break or maya palms resort

Maureen4

We have been to the Costa Maya beach break before at Pez quatro and we have booked it again for later this month! We are going to do two excursions in Costa Maya, either the ATV or the Wave runner and then go to this beach break and quench are thirst ;) and get some serious sun:)

Its a really nice beach and kinda at the end of the strip, at least it was the last time we were there.

Lacy,

I am booked on the waverunner tour from the same place as the beach break. I may have one daquiri while at the beach, and the hubby and son soda. Is it worth the extra 100.00 to be quaranteed chairs there are not? Would we still be able to hang out with friends if they have booked the beach break? Or is it a different area?

Thanks for your help! We leave the 17th of February!

just returned from maya palms and can't say enough great things about it. the beach, the staff, the grounds... and we were one of only 2 couples there. we had an amazing day.

How did you get to Maya Palms? How much did the taxi or bus? cost?

I just dont get the Costa Maya Beach Break at Pez Quadra...You pay $35 per person for unlimited drinks and a chair????? The beach is free and cab fare is on your own...Am I missing something??

THANKS!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

$40 round trip for a cab, and it is quite a haul.

$35 for unlimited drinks seems like a great deal compared to the ship. It was a private beach (it was literally us and one other couple), the grounds are very nice, and the service is incredible. If those things aren't important to you, then yes, spend your money elsewhere.

A really nice place, not very fancy. We were there on Jan 21. We bought the $42 all inclusive which got you drinks and a mexican plate lunch. There was a group of 8 from the carnival Miracle, and us.

They are still undergoing construction, and the pool was pretty murky, and we didn't use it. They were using a couple of beachfront cottages for changing rooms and rest rooms.

The beach was fairly narrow, but clean and well-kept. The staff was very attentive, and friendly.

The worst part has been alluded to, and that is the taxi ride. It is $20 each way. It is only 3-4 miles (you can see your ship from the beach), but it is a rutted dirt road, with thick ropes acting as speed bumps. Why they think they need speed bumps along that road is beyond me. Just about the time you thik you are being kidnapped and held for ransom, you come upon the resort.

Make sure that you take a Yellow cab, and arrange a pickup time with the driver. This is not the kind of place that will have taxis waiting out front

Archived