OMG, I am addicted

swom

Glad i'm not the only one who frets about how fast the cruise will go:eek:

I have to force myself not to think of how many days I have left and how bummed I'll be when it's over!

Take a rum punch, a dip in the pool and call me in the morning:D

Andrea

OK... you guys are hilarious!! I love it!

But you wanna know what's REALLY bad??? I haven't even BEEN on my first cruise yet... We embark on February 8th... so I can't possibly be a cruise-addict... NO... it's worse... I'm a CRUISE CRITIC addict!!!!

Seriously people... I'm 35 years old and I'm neglecting almost everything in my life to pour over these boards! It's definitely a sickness!!

I at LEAST should have ONE cruise under my belt before I become a 12-stepper... but NOOOOOO.... this stupid website has me "jones'n" for a "fix" every few hours!!

Will it get BETTER after I take my first cruise... or am I doomed to a life of CC addiction???

Please advise!!

;)

Doomed you are doomed to a life of addiction .. but you can do what I do .. Blame it on the snow and rain!! I call CC my sunshine for those days.

But you wanna know what's REALLY bad??? I haven't even BEEN on my first cruise yet... We embark on February 8th... so I can't possibly be a cruise-addict... NO... it's worse... I'm a CRUISE CRITIC addict!!!!

Seriously people... I'm 35 years old and I'm neglecting almost everything in my life to pour over these boards! It's definitely a sickness!!

I at LEAST should have ONE cruise under my belt before I become a 12-stepper... but NOOOOOO.... this stupid website has me "jones'n" for a "fix" every few hours!!

Will it get BETTER after I take my first cruise... or am I doomed to a life of CC addiction???

Please advise!!

;)

The solution for you is to join Facebook and sign up for 'adopt a pet'. Your life will never be the same again and you will certainly not have time for cruise critic or cruising. Sorry I have to go now and feed my pet.

I promised myself I would not book another cruise after our spring break cruise 2008. I was determined to make plans for a land vacation. That lasted about 2 months. We are booked again for this spring break on the Crown - our first Princess cruise.

...my name is Sandy and I am an addict.

Ethel5: How do I grow up to be you?! Hi my name is Kathy and I am a cruise addict! Waited 4 years between cruises due to moving/new job/no money. Went on cruise # 2 April 2008, and had next cruise booked by the second week in June! Before I die must cruise to Alaska, Panama Canal, and one to Europe that would include Normandy (D-Day invasion) as DH is a history teacher and favorite subject is WWII.

Where do I get the Love Boat ringtone? must have it!

I promised myself I would not book another cruise after our spring break cruise 2008. I was determined to make plans for a land vacation. That lasted about 2 months. We are booked again for this spring break on the Crown - our first Princess cruise.

...my name is Sandy and I am an addict.

As long as we're all letting it hang loose -- my name is Janette and I am a cruise addict.

Janette

Glad i'm not the only one who frets about how fast the cruise will go:eek:

I have to force myself not to think of how many days I have left and how bummed I'll be when it's over!

Andrea

We were on the "Mainer of the Seas" Sunday to Sunday cruise. We were in one of the elevators on our last night. At 12:00 midnight a crew member came in and changed the day plaque in the carpet from Saturday to Sunday. My wife just looked at me and told me not to say a word.

From the minute we board I have to remind her that we have only such or such amount of time till we go back to being peasants.

I find I am so much more happy when I do have a cruise planned.

Jon,

Please advise!!

;)

You're doomed.

Wait until you come back from your 1st cruise, come back to these boards with NO future cruise planned. It's just not the same. :(

Sometimes one of the first things DH asks me in the morning as soon as I wake up (which is around 4 a.m.) is how many days until our next cruise. Funny how I can rattle the exact number off when my brain is still in pillow mode. On top of this, people laugh when, in conversation, they find out that we have our cruises planned out until 2016 (obviously not booked yet).

Ethel5: How do I grow up to be you?!

Easy-work hard and save money. Don't spend a lot on entertainment, booze, clothes, jewelry, eating out, gambling or land vacations! Get a good travel agent who gives the best rates but doesn't sacrifice service. Start out with doing inside cabins and work up to balconies. Don't buy a lot of gifts for the folks back home while on a cruise. Ask for cruise credits for Christmas, Mother's day, birthdays etc. Now all this sounds really Spartan but it isn't. We do eat out twice a week but we don't go to high end places. I buy clothes as I need them but I don't buy all new stuff for each cruise. We do go on one small land vacation a year. Living close to Disney and Busch Gardens, we do the parks during non-tourist season and take advantage of the specials. We are lucky that we live in Florida and don't have to spend money on air fare so we do one Caribbean cruise and one "air needed" cruise a year. Do a lot of research and you will get a lot of good info that will save you money. These boards are the place to get started.

I am an addict, I mean cruise addict. We have done about 65 cruises,lost count.Took a 14-day Hawaii cruise in Oct.,just came home from a family Mexican Riviera cruise(no flying) and in 75 day goingon the Grand Princess,14-day cruise.We never get tired of cruising and now we are newly retired and can cruise spur of the moment,though I always feel after finishing one cruise we have to find another one.We are running out of places to go,as we do not want to fly more than 5 hours to pick up a cruise.Just like meeting our new cruise critic friends and life on the ship.I AM ADDICTED and admit it.

I am an addict, I mean cruise addict. We have done about 65 cruises,lost count.Took a 14-day Hawaii cruise in Oct.,just came home from a family Mexican Riviera cruise(no flying) and in 75 day goingon the Grand Princess,14-day cruise.We never get tired of cruising and now we are newly retired and can cruise spur of the moment,though I always feel after finishing one cruise we have to find another one.We are running out of places to go,as we do not want to fly more than 5 hours to pick up a cruise.Just like meeting our new cruise critic friends and life on the ship.I AM ADDICTED and admit it.

I want to be this addicted!:D:D:D:D

I would read about those people on this site that were addicted to cruising and I would just laugh.

I just realized I am one of the addicted bunch and it's a bad addiction.

My cell phone ringtone is "The Love Boat Theme Song". My homepage on the computer is Princess website.. I have the Princess credit card. I come on here daily to check out all the posts. MY GOODNESS, I'm an addict.

This is bad. What to do???? What do all you other addicts do to cleanse yourself of this addiction???

So, from a fellow addict, I have a question for you. Are you addicted to cruising itself or addicted to a Suite? If it is the former, you are in luck. If you are addicted to a suite --- well, sorry for that. You will find it much harder to get your fix.

No need to fight it... give into the addiction.

If you think it is bad now just wait until you finish your first cruise. :eek:

The only thing that allows me to get off the ship at the end of the voyage is knowing I have my FCC in my pocket and can start planning the next trip.

I bring home one of the free postcards from the cabin and keep it tacked up in my office... when work gets too crazy I look at that lovely ship, take a deep breath and remember I need to work to feed my addiction.

have a good trip... and welcome to our cult :)

PS... I have tried to squash that bug on my screen more times then I want to admit. Clearly my addiction is effecting my judgement.

My name is Jamie and I am an addict. My additction is the worst kind of addiction, not only do I cruise, I try to influence my friends and loved ones by getting them to go on cruises too. I enjoy the planning part so much that I have become like a TA to my family:o. That said, I love my addiction!!!!!

Archived