don't go with "snorkel belize tour"

peggy1

We took the snorkel tour with Snorkel Belize, and we waited for over a half hour after they said we would go so that they could oversell the boat. At least 8-10 people were left off. Then we went to the reef and never to a Caye which they said we would go to. They said they couldn't go to Goff's Caye because all the cruise ships went there. The cost is $45. We went in this very crowded boat. And then after snorkeling which was just okay, a boat that I guess they are affiliate with tied up to our boat near the reef. They apparently had forgotten their equipment. They took all the gear we had just used, fins, masks, and yes the snorkels we had just had in our mouths. We couldn't believe it. The operators acted like this was no problem, and for them it wasn't, however I wonder how the people on the boat getting used equipment would feel if they knew. They also had advised us to spit in our masks to defog them, which we all did. Not very sanitary, I'm now wondering how clean they were when we picked them up at the pier. We wanted to go with Belize Rays, but when we met him at the pier he said it alternates which days he goes out and which days Snorkel Bellize operates and this wasn't his turn, make sure you find out before you go. We did go to a very nice beach afterwards and they did deliver us right to our ship afterwards which was great. For the difference in price I would definitely preferred paying the extra and going on the ship tour (which we very seldom do). They went to Rendevous Caye, which I had heard wasn't that good anymore due to the hurricane but it must have been better than what we had. Maria seemed to be the head honcho, and I would advise you to steer clear of this operation. By the way, as we were finally heading out, they started yelling for us to return as they forgot to put snacks on the boat, not a real organized operation. They decided it was too much of a hassle to return I guess and proceeded out. So there was no water, etc. on the boat if we should break down or whatever happened. Do yourselves a favor and pass on this one.

Archived