Purchasing Cakes

IslandBliss

I would say ahead as well. It will save you from having to worry about it once you are onboard. The chocolate birthday cake they have was so good! I think it was a chocolate mousse cake. If you order one to have after dinner and you don't finish it the first night they will keep it for you and serve it whenever you want to finish it.

If you want something special written on the cake, they will not do it if you order in advance but if you order it on the ship at the formalities shop they will write whatever you want as long as it fits.

DH and I ordered a 9" chock cake for our anniversary before our last cruise. We ended up at a table for 2, so by the end of the cruise we still had more than 1/2 leftover. It was soooooo good. We do plan to order another for our next cruise(smaller)---even if it says "Bon Voyage".

DSCN1730.jpg

We have ordered them beforehand a couple of times, but never on the ship. The cake is soooo yummy. The small cake was enough for 7 of us to share for dessert on our last cruise. I think it only costs like $8-$9. Best deal there is IMHO.

If you order it ahead of time, it will come with a card that they will read out loud to you when they bring it (so be careful what you put on the greeting...LOL). Also, for a birthday, they will put a candle on it an they will sing.

Just got back from a dec cruise and did it on the ship. No problem! Ordered it about 4hrs from the time we wanted it for dinner with names put on it for our son's anniversary. The shop is open every day so not an issue about putting in an order.

We ordered a cake the first day of the cruise and had it for dinner the second night. It was the white cake with strawberry mouse filling. Our table guests had a chocolate cake on the last night so we got to sample both. The white one was better! Plus it only cost like $8.00, so that was very reasonable.

DH and I ordered a 9" chock cake for our anniversary before our last cruise. We ended up at a table for 2, so by the end of the cruise we still had more than 1/2 leftover. It was soooooo good. We do plan to order another for our next cruise(smaller)---even if it says "Bon Voyage".

DSCN1730.jpg

I pre-ordered (online) a chocolate cake for BF's birthday on the Valor. I believe I was able to indicate when and where it was to be delivered.

We happened to be at a table for 4, but the two other tables of 4 were VERY close to us---it was like a table for 12. The night it got delivered to the DR, our server cut it up and gave all 12 people a little piece. Oh, we had champagne and she brought glasses for all.

BTW, the chocolate cake was fantastic!!!

I ordered two cakes while on board...both chocolate and both very very yummy! One was for a retirement and one was for a birthday..it was simple and I didn't have a problem with the formalities shop and their hours...they were open everyday.

either way should be fine, I just waited until we were on board.

000403e0

We were celebrating 4 birthdays and a 25th Anniversary on our recent cruise. I ordered the cake the night before, and it was served the next night after dinner, beautiful and tasty. We went with the small, and I'm glad we did, because after a full dinner, we couldn't even eat it all. (5 of us) Funny thing, the young lady who took our order at Formalities was from Russia - when she asked for the name on the cake, I told her there were 5 names to be added and she panicked. So, I said, "just put 'Happy Birthday Y'all", then she REALLY panicked, not being familiar with the term. :p

Archived