Abbreviations

tuff2

Oh and don't you dare be embarrassed about that! As I explained on the Family Board the other day, my screen name IS a typo. When I first joined, I typed "Crusinmama" but meant "Cruisinmama" :o

I was laughing that you put 2 L's in my name on the other thread. Now THAT I can blame on my mom. ;) It's her fault my name is spelled with one L.

I will be the first to admit that the only abbreviations that throw me off on this board are FlCruisers chart on possible discounts. Don't even ask me what you can combine a D+ with a NC. :p

So I got the Michele wrong too, huh? Oh, this just gets worse and worse. Good thing I am getting use to humiliation...... :D

So I'm dumb and lazy because you are not up-to-date with commonly used abbreviations on message boards? Nice...

Thank you.....my thoughts exactly. It's not just this site, but internet forums in general. Dumb and lazy would seem to fit those who refuse to progress with the times. :rolleyes:

You would not use this nonsense in speaking to someone.

Hey! Actually, we do - all the time. Ya know. That's why our language is so hard to learn (well among other things). We use short hand all the time when we speak.....

BTW, did the list earlier in the thread help? Any others we can clear up for you? We really are happy to help if we can.

Catch ya later. :D

We should not have to be smart enough to figure out what you mean. You would not use this nonsense in speaking to someone.

It's called computer chat and has been in existence since chat rooms became popluar 10-12 years ago....starting with the abbreviation "LOL." Yes, you should be smart enough to adapt if you choose to participate in computer chats.

We should not have to be smart enough to figure out what you mean. You would not use this nonsense in speaking to someone.

When I first started using Internet forums (and I have been a member of many forums over the years) I took the time to learn what the abbreviations meant so I could be "part of the community". Each forum is going to have certain abbreviations that you will NEED to learn if you want to be an active member.

I also took the time to read some of your past comments on these boards. You sound like someone who just likes to stir the pot (we call those trolls) so I will move on now. :rolleyes:

Oh and don't you dare be embarrassed about that! As I explained on the Family Board the other day, my screen name IS a typo. When I first joined, I typed "Crusinmama" but meant "Cruisinmama" :o

I was laughing that you put 2 L's in my name on the other thread. Now THAT I can blame on my mom. ;) It's her fault my name is spelled with one L.

I will be the first to admit that the only abbreviations that throw me off on this board are FlCruisers chart on possible discounts. Don't even ask me what you can combine a D+ with a NC. :p

holy cow. I didn't even notice that it was spelled crusin instead of cruisin. With as much time as I am at the family boards, you'd think I would have caught that. yikes.

holy cow. I didn't even notice that it was spelled crusin instead of cruisin.

LOL, I didn't see it either Kim!

Michelle, you can email cruisecritic and they will change your username for you :) community@cruisecritic.com

###

LOL, I didn't see it either Kim!

Michelle, you can email cruisecritic and they will change your username for you :) community@cruisecritic.com

###

Really??? I didn't know they could do that. :eek:

Well, it's been like this for 3 years...I would just confuse myself if I changed it now....lol. My email even matches my Typo screen name. :D

Well, it's been like this for 3 years...I would just confuse myself if I changed it now....lol. My email even matches my Typo screen name. :D

Yes they can, as long as the "new" one is not already used.

I changed mine about 4 years ago.

But now that you told us your story we won't be able to look at your screen name without laughing (with you, not at you) :p;)

###

DW usually means Dead Weight.

Personally, I prefer the HAM radio abbreviation for this one, XYL, anyone, anyone??

to assume the OP is diss'ing our military????

Who can forget FUBAR

Or

The meaning of SNAFU.....

My personal favorite after 20 years of Naval service, FTN. :eek:

Yep, full time nuke. ROTFLMAO

holy cow. I didn't even notice that it was spelled crusin instead of cruisin. With as much time as I am at the family boards, you'd think I would have caught that. yikes.

I didn't catch that either but I didn"t even catch it when Michele explained it. I had to read it three times before I saw the difference between crusinmama and cruisinmama.

Yep, I am a moron. ;)

So....I think maybe I'm a higher level of moron, or should that be lower level?:p

Wraithe

Ex-Young Lady, wife

Archived