Tequila tasting in Cozumel

We will be on the INDY March 1:)... We have been to Cozumel 4 times on diff cruises and spent a week there at resort ... Have taken many Excurstions there.

Loved the cooking school class.. if you have not done it..do it!!

Wondered has anyone done the Tequila tasting??? We have done Rum factors in other ports and love good Tequlia..:D

There is a store downtown along the ocean front. Sell Tequila and other stuff. They have a small bar in the back that gives free Tequila tasting. They have a large selection and are very nice.

I went on a tequila "factory tour" in PV (a RCCL excursion).

I was not impressed. There was no real factory, just a series of exhibits, kind of like a museum would have.

The tour spent more time in the tasting room than anywhere else. The things I learned there, I probably could've learned in less than 5 minutes from wikipedia.

You'd be better off finding a tequila bar with a good bartender who's willing to walk you through a tasting so you can try the

blanco (unaged)

reposado (rested, aged up to 2 yrs in oak barrels)

anejo (aged, 2 yrs or more)

Anejo is like cognac or a fine whiskey, it's meant to be sipped straight up, never mixed in cocktails. I wouldn't even use a good reposado in a cocktail - why use the pricey stuff when you're not going to taste much of the flavor anyway?

We will be on the INDY March 1:)... We have been to Cozumel 4 times on diff cruises and spent a week there at resort ... Have taken many Excurstions there.

Loved the cooking school class.. if you have not done it..do it!!

Wondered has anyone done the Tequila tasting??? We have done Rum factors in other ports and love good Tequlia..:D

I will be on that cruise with a group of 10 from Indy! Tequlia tasting sounds fun!

I was all set to tell you to do the cooking class LOL. OMG- we just did it Saturday. Laughed until we cried, and what we ate was actually pretty darned good! Still drying out...

We asked about the tequilla tasting but were told (in very conspirital tones) that if we wanted a really good time we needed to do the cooking class. That we'd be back to thank him. Which we did...

But since you've been there, done that... Did not speak with anyone who did do the tequilla tasting, but I guess that probably isn't really too surprising ;)

There is a Tequilla 'Factory' display and tasting on the main road to the windward side. (The only real factories are on the mainland!) It is an interesting display, a guided explanation of the process and then tastings and opportunity to purchase the various products. It is a good stop on a 'round the island day tour - with Lunch at Coconuts for sure!! :D

Archived