Online booking vs. on phone? difference re: cabin availability?

moezdro

Hi Everyone. Inexperienced cruiser here. Hope you can advise. Want to book 2 boardwalk balconies next to eachother or 1 boardwalk balcony and one oceanview balcony directly across the hall from it. Everytime I look on line at RCI they show only one boardwalk balcony available on each side of the ship (none side by side or even on the same side of the ship on any of the decks) and they are showing NO cabins at all available across the hall from any of them on the oceanview balcony cabin sides.:(

I was wanting to book for Nov. 27 , 2010 cruise as my birthday falls in the middle of it and the price is good then, and I would have lots of time to pay it off before we go, .....but I also looked at some other dates and found the same problem with lack of cabin availability. I put a couple other cabins on hold today, an ocean view and an inside PR across the hall from eachother, that was the best I could find available, but I am unsure if I should book them or keep trying for the boardwalk.:confused:

Anyone know - Would it make any difference if I call them directly or is what is shown available online all they actually have left? Are they actually all sold out of these cabins already? :confused:

Here I thought I was booking early! :eek: I guess not early enough!

Well I am new to cruising but I fell in love with the Oasis when I saw all the Oasis news and videos on the net. If they're all booked up probably everyone else did too!:rolleyes:

If I book these cabins I have on hold now.....Can I change my cabin later if a couple boardwalks open up later......after I book? Is there an extrea fee charged to change cabins? Anyone know? Any and all advice / ideas appreciated, thanks!:D

-Mo

Anyone know - Would it make any difference if I call them directly or is what is shown available online all they actually have left? Are they actually all sold out of these cabins already? :confused:

Here I thought I was booking early! :eek: I guess not early enough!

Well I am new to cruising but I fell in love with the Oasis when I saw all the Oasis news and videos on the net. If they're all booked up probably everyone else did too!:rolleyes:

If I book these cabins I have on hold now.....Can I change my cabin later if a couple boardwalks open up later......after I book? Is there an extrea fee charged to change cabins? Anyone know? Any and all advice / ideas appreciated, thanks!:D

-Mo

I would call and inquire they don't always list everything they have available on the net.:)

Oh, call RCI direct and just tell them what you are looking for and they will work with you. Most often the internet site lists only a few of the cabins available.

One recommedation I will make is to pull up a copy of the deck plans before you call so you can see exactly where the cabins are located when RCI lists what's available. One other thing to remember, these large ships are great for having a fairly smooth ride. If you are subject to a queezy feeling from movement the best cabins would be mid ship at lower levels.

Enjoy your cruise.

I booked 2 central park balcony rooms three doors away from each other (there are 6 of us) for June 2010 as that was the closest that I could get cabins together at the time. I even called RCI after I booked online, and she confirmed that there was nothing any closer available. I've been checking online about every other day to see if anything came open. Just the other day, an Superior Ocean View Balcony came open right across the hall from one of the CPB rooms that I had booked, so I modified my reservation online and traded the one down the hall for the one right across the hall from one of the CPB rooms. The weird thing is, the price dropped on the CPB room that I kept, making my total cost for both rooms only $30 more than what I originally owed, even though I upgraded to an OVB room which costs more. So, yes. You can book online and modify your reservation later if something comes open. Also, I think they "hold" some rooms, because when the OVB room came open, the exact same room one floor above also came available.

I agree with the above posters. I also would recommend printing out the deck plans before you call so you have an idea of what you are asking about or being told about when talking to RCCL.

When I went to book for our August 2010 cruise, I was looking for a balcony with a tripple inside directly across, which is what I ended up booking although HATE the location. Tripples are only in the front with Oceanview directly on the other side.

Anyway, I quickly asked about the CP Balcony (instead of the kids inside) and it was MORE money than my Oceanview Balcony. SO, before you go ahead and book your requested cabin, see how much more (or less) money the next upgrade would (or wouldn't) cost you.

Happy planning!

Archived