RCCL Explorer of the Seas Adventure Ocean for a 3 yr old

smile1234

Hello

Can anyone help me out on what to expect from Adventure Ocean for a 3 year old? (she will be one month shy of 4 on cruise). When she was 2 we were on EOS and she was not able to participate. What activities do they do? How much is it? How do they contact you if she wants mommy? Do u have to sign up for the whole week? I know that someone had the kids compass's but i did not see one for EOS. I am looking forward to being able to utilize this so i can enjoy some grown up time. Please give me an overview.

Explorer Compasses might not be at the link in my signature (can't remember) but pretty much ALL activities are fleet wide. You won;t find much difference between ships.

So look at one of the compasses for the 3-5 year old group to get an idea of what she will be doing.

Basically you take her the first night to sign her up. You don't drop her off on the first night (unless you want babysitting after 10pm on that first night)

They have all kinds of things from pirate parades, face painting, talent shows, story time, doing science experiments like making space mud, etc.

They have kid dinners with Adventure Ocean at Johnny Rockets on the ships that have JR's like Explorer. You have to sign her up for it the night before or by noon that day. Space is limited.

Don't let her miss the "pirate parade practice" because then she won't be able to join in at the pirate parade. The parade goes through late seating dinner, literally. They dress them all up...it's cute.

It is FREE before 10pm. Then after 10pm it becomes the Late Night Party Zone for $5/pp/per hour.

Any specific questions?

I was going to make a separate post but since I am also inquiring about a 3 year old on Explorer, I thought I'd just tag-along on this thread:D My question is, Adventure Ocean runs while the ship is in port, correct? So the parents can do a shore excursion and leave the child in AO. However is there any way to contact the parents while on the shore excurions? I know they use walkie-talkies to communicate while on board, but what about when the parents are off of the ship?

Also, I never knew about the party zone before? Are you automatically eligible for that if your child is signed up in AO? How late does that run?

Lastly, AO is open during the dinner hours, correct? My nephew is NOT good in dining situations so I need to convince my brother and SIL to take him to AO so we can all enjoy our meal;)

I was going to make a separate post but since I am also inquiring about a 3 year old on Explorer, I thought I'd just tag-along on this thread:D My question is, Adventure Ocean runs while the ship is in port, correct? So the parents can do a shore excursion and leave the child in AO. However is there any way to contact the parents while on the shore excurions? I know they use walkie-talkies to communicate while on board, but what about when the parents are off of the ship?

Also, I never knew about the party zone before? Are you automatically eligible for that if your child is signed up in AO? How late does that run?

Lastly, AO is open during the dinner hours, correct? My nephew is NOT good in dining situations so I need to convince my brother and SIL to take him to AO so we can all enjoy our meal;)

There are no walkie talkies for the parents onboard to be in touch with AO. There are pagers and cell phones (pending on ship). Those do not work off the ship (I don't think...lol)

Some have said that they left their private cell phone number with the counselors. But basically, it is up to the parent's comfort level whether or not they want to leave the 3 year old onboard without any family left behind.

The Late NIght Party ZOne is just what they call Adventure Ocean after 10pm. So yes, if the parents do not pick him up, he is automatically in what's called the Late NIght Party Zone where they charge a fee per hour per child ($5) And that runs LATE - like 1am or later.

Adventure Ocean opens at 6:45. BUT, they do have kid dinners with Adventure Ocean at Johnny Rockets. His parents would have to sign him up before noon the day of. Limited space. Then he would go to dinner with AO at 5:45.

Oh so the Johnny Rockets kids dinner is a nightly thing? I thought it was only once or twice during the cruise. So if we have main seating, and the parents don't want to bring him to dinner, the only option (other than a babysitter) would be to sign him up everyday for the kid's dinner? I have my doubts that he will be fully potty-trained by then anyway, but I'm hoping, otherwise I fear my mother will turn into the babysitter, which I will not be happy about!

Oh so the Johnny Rockets kids dinner is a nightly thing? I thought it was only once or twice during the cruise. So if we have main seating, and the parents don't want to bring him to dinner, the only option (other than a babysitter) would be to sign him up everyday for the kid's dinner? I have my doubts that he will be fully potty-trained by then anyway, but I'm hoping, otherwise I fear my mother will turn into the babysitter, which I will not be happy about!

Yes, it seems to have turned into a nightly thing on the most recent compasses. I will know for sure in a couple of weeks.

And instead of your mother, your nephew could have in cabin sitting if he isn't full potty trained.

Thanks Michele. I did check out the links to see the activities. Thanks for that. Now for the quwstions. Am I able to drop her off when we feel like it or is it a set time everyday that u have to drop them off or u lose ur chance. I guess i have the preschool / daycare thing in my mind. We were thiniking about going to the pool for a while and then bringing her over to AO and then having adult pool time. Also for the dinner. If we have early dinner seating ... i guess we would have to drop her off in the middle of dinner and then come back for dessert ? I thought they would be open for dinner? Also do u know if the explorer of the seas has pagers?

Thanks Michele. I did check out the links to see the activities. Thanks for that. Now for the quwstions. Am I able to drop her off when we feel like it or is it a set time everyday that u have to drop them off or u lose ur chance. I guess i have the preschool / daycare thing in my mind. We were thiniking about going to the pool for a while and then bringing her over to AO and then having adult pool time. Also for the dinner. If we have early dinner seating ... i guess we would have to drop her off in the middle of dinner and then come back for dessert ? I thought they would be open for dinner? Also do u know if the explorer of the seas has pagers?

You can drop her off in AO at any time. As long as they are open, you can drop her off as you wish. We usually do breakfast, then drop her off. Pick them up for lunch, then go to the pool with them. By 2pm they are usually begging to go back to AO. So we may get an hour at the adult pool without them before dinner.

Since the AO room opens at 7, yes, you can leave dinner to drop her off. You don't have to do that though. (except on pirate parade night, they do ask that the kids be dropped off at a certain time so they can get dressed and learn their routine). Every other night, you can drop her off at your leisure, as long as it's after 7pm.

They are open for dinner at 6pm (5:45 on some ships)....they do take them to dinner at Johnny Rockets early. You have to make sure you sign up for this by noon the day of. Space is limited. So if you don't want to take her to early seating with you, she can go to Adventure Ocean dinner.

I don't know if Explorer uses pagers or if they use cell phones. They definitely use one or the other for the 3-5 year old group. I just don't know which one. ;)

Archived