Formal wear rental / Do you need to pre order?

Look2Sea

On recent cruise, which had 3 formal nights, my son wanted a tux after he had seen everyone else on first formal night.

So we rang tailor, via purser desk, and he organised it all for us for the rest of cruise.

He may have been short on actual sizes, because he assured me that the suit fitted my son, even though I felt jacket was a little tight. Can't be choosy though - who else could I rent from!

Son was happy though, and suit was good rental quality.

If your man is big & tall, uses wide shoes, or any irregular sizes, definitely book before you board. My hubby is tall and we've booked tuxes several times before the cruise. The tux was always waiting for us as promised. BUT, we've had problems a couple of times. Once, one shirt was fine but the other had sleeves that were too short. The shop onboard was unable to provide a replacement because they didn't keep that size onboard (hubby is tall) so they gave us a small credit and offered to pay for laundering the shirt that fit before second formal night. That worked. We had a problem with shoes last time. Hubby wears a 13W, which isn't a common size. The paperwork said 13W, but we had a 12R delivered to the cabin. Shoes were too tight. They didn't have a replacement set of shoes available. We were credited our money back but didn't have shoes to wear. Fortunately hubby brought a pair of black loafers to wear for casual night so he wore those for formal night too. I don't know what we would have done if he'd brought along brown shoes.

Archived