What's at Medano Beach in Cabo?

Sunny AZ Girl

We are going to be in Cabo in September for the day. The last time I was there it was just a short stop and we went whale watching. However, this time should be warmer and it will be a much longer stop. I was thinking of a snorkel excursion, but since I know the snorkeling isn't as good as the Caribbean I was wondering about a lazy day on the beach. I've done a search and am not finding out too much about this beach. I know there are facilities there, but that's it. We need some shade and would like a place to grab some lunch. Is it very crowded? Thanks!:)

Do a google search - Medrano Beach, Cabo

Playa El Médano – Where the Action Is

Cabo’s main beach, El Médano (The Dune) is a fun place with an outstanding view of Land’s End. Stretching two miles from the Hotel Hacienda to Villa del Palmar and hopping with activity, El Médano is close to downtown and safe for swimming. Packed with restaurant-bars in the sand, El Médano offers beach volleyball, high-powered Jet Skis or Sea Doos, kayaks, small catamarans, sailboats, ski boats, boogie boarding, and parasailing. Snorkeling and dive trips to sites near El Arco are easily arranged.

El Médano is party central, known for all-day happy hours, people watching, and endless beach vendors. Popular spots to eat and grab a cool one are The Office, Mango Deck, Billygan’s Island, and Las Palmas. For less action, head northeast toward Villa del Palmar. With plenty to do and little surf year round, this beach is highly recommended for families. From downtown, walk around the marina past Puerto Paraiso and Marina Fiesta to the Hacienda Beach Resort; or drive via Camino Hotel Hacienda or Paseo del Pescador. Parking is scarce, prepare to walk at least a few blocks, especially during events, spring break, and holidays.

Archived