Booked New Years Cruise A G A I N !!!

Luluwa

What ship were you on - obviously fun...what ports?...which one you doing this year? We were on the Freedom & loved it. Going on the Pride mid-August so don't think we'll be booking for end of this year. New Year's will definately be a let down after the fun time we had.

What ship were you on - obviously fun...what ports?...which one you doing this year? We were on the Freedom & loved it. Going on the Pride mid-August so don't think we'll be booking for end of this year. New Year's will definately be a let down after the fun time we had.

We were on the Ecstasy 5 night to Cozumel and Progreso, the next one will be on the Conquest 7 night to Montego Bay, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

NYE cruises are addicting!! :eek: This is the first year in several that we didn't have one booked - and I was really sorry!! Booking for '09 is definately a must for me. The timing this year is gonna be tough tho since Christmas is on Friday.

I agree you MUST book, just bite the bullet and put a deposit down. :rolleyes:

NYE cruises are addicting!! :eek: This is the first year in several that we didn't have one booked - and I was really sorry!! Booking for '09 is definately a must for me. The timing this year is gonna be tough tho since Christmas is on Friday.

Weve cruised the last 3 New Years and they are our very favorite! My kids, now 20 & 14 said after the 1st one "this is our new family tradition!":D

I am trying to decide before 3 cruises right now. Waiting on another couple as well to decide what they want to do. I'll probably book in the next week or so.

Do they do anything extra on New Years eve? Where does everyone go to party on New Years Night?

On the Freedom, at dinner everyone had hats & noisemakes on the table. It was not an elegant night but most people dressed really nicely. At 11:00 the lido deck band started playing. Lots of people dancing, they had the big screen TV which showed images of the crowd on the lido & later had a feed to the Times Square ball drop. They did NOT give out champagne (they gave it out when you board & kept providing more on that day - I'm guess the logistics of so many people to give at one time made it difficult for N.Yrs. Eve). You could buy it by the bottle from a waiter. I would have liked a countdown clock shown on the screen instead of just the ball since no one really knew how long was left. Someone started the count at "3" & that was it. Everyone was just in a big partying mood so the atmosphere was great. They offered a buffet afterwards & then a breakfast after that but I passed on both. All in all it was fun & exciting to be part of a big group of people enjoying themselves. Should definately try it at least once!

Archived