Misty Fjords Excursion Value

RS79

Hello,

My family and I are taking the Princess Pearl cruise to Ketchikan/Juneau/Skagway in May, and we are interested in people's opinions of the Misty Fjords and Wilderness Explorer excursion. Is it worth the current price of $179 per person? Is there another excursion in Ketchikan that would be a better money value?

Thanks for your help!

The Leones

We loved the boat excursion to Misty Fjords a couple of years ago. We saw lots of wildlife including a bear and eagles. The fjord area is gorgeous. We imagined it to be much like what a floating Yosemite National Park would look like - lots of waterfalls, beautiful scenery. We had time for some shopping in town before our ship departed. Not sure if this would be the best choice for a first time visitor as Ketchikan is a cute rather unique port with lots to do for less money, but for those who have been there several times, Misty Fjords is wonderful.

We took this tour two years ago in September. It was fantastic! The catamaran ride was nice and warm and, if I remember correctly, a light meal was served. There is also a snack bar on board. When we arrived at the scenery, I went up on the top deck for the full experience. You will need warm clothes on deck. It was pretty cold. It is so beautiful - surreal - the land time forgot. I highly recommend this tour. :)

sorry :( double post.

We took this tour two years ago in September. It was fantastic! The catamaran ride was nice and warm and, if I remember correctly, a light meal was served. There is also a snack bar on board. When we arrived at the scenery, I went up on the top deck for the full experience. You will need warm clothes on deck. It was pretty cold. It is so beautiful - surreal - the land time forgot. I highly recommend this tour. :)

We still had plently of time after the tour to walk around Creek Street in town.

We loved the boat excursion to Misty Fjords a couple of years ago. We saw lots of wildlife including a bear and eagles. The fjord area is gorgeous. We imagined it to be much like what a floating Yosemite National Park would look like - lots of waterfalls, beautiful scenery. We had time for some shopping in town before our ship departed. Not sure if this would be the best choice for a first time visitor as Ketchikan is a cute rather unique port with lots to do for less money, but for those who have been there several times, Misty Fjords is wonderful.

I agree with Bucky3. It is very beautiful and I would not recommend it if this is your first and possibly only time to be in Ketchikan because being in and around the town is an experience you shouldn't miss. The trip is very long and takes all of your port time. We had to rush to get back to the ship after the tour.

Archived