What are the dining times?

moezdro

New to cruising. Booked online for Independence in March. Was assigned main dining which I assume is the first seating but it does not give an actual time. Can I change this and could someone tell me exactly at what time the dining time options actuallly are? ......and also if you can put in a request to sit in a certain area or smaller table, and if so how, and if you know what time the evening shows/theater productions usually start? Thanks.

New to cruising. Booked online for Independence in March. Was assigned main dining which I assume is the first seating but it does not give an actual time. Can I change this and could someone tell me exactly at what time the dining time options actuallly are? ......and also if you can put in a request to sit in a certain area or smaller table, and if so how, and if you know what time the evening shows/theater productions usually start? Thanks.

I have not been on Independence, but on all four ships I was on Main seating was at 6:00pm and late seating at 8:30pm. So long as late seating is not waitlisted you can change by calling the cruise line (if you booked with them) or your travel agent (if you used one). If you are unable to change in advance, go see the Maitre'D your first day on the ship and they will try to accommodate you if it is possible. The show times vary (sometimes are before dinner, sometimes after) but they will have two times for non late-night shows so that you won't miss them regardless of your dining time. You can also request table size via a travel agent or the cruise line if you booked direct.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

6:00 and 8:30 I believe.... We always do late.. Put in a request to your T/A, if you're not satisified, talk to the maitdre..

Main seating shows are after dinner, late seating shows are usually before dinner...

Main seating will see their shows AFTER dinner. Late seating goes before dinner (while main seating is eating.)

Don't try to sit alone...a larger table is much more fun! Once you get there, you'll see that the larger tables have a MUCH better time (and so does the waitstaff) with great conversation and a nice party atmosphere! After all, everyone is onboard to have a good time! The more, the merrier! Try it!

Main seating will see their shows AFTER dinner. Late seating goes before dinner (while main seating is eating.)

Don't try to sit alone...a larger table is much more fun! Once you get there, you'll see that the larger tables have a MUCH better time (and so does the waitstaff) with great conversation and a nice party atmosphere! After all, everyone is onboard to have a good time! The more, the merrier! Try it!

No matter how many people tell her that her description of late seating's show schedules is wrong, this individual persists in posting this erroneous information. For the record, sometimes the late seating shows (production shows and celebrity headliners) are held after late seating dinner and sometimes they are held before dinner. They are NOT ALL held before dinner. On those evenings when it is before dinner, the reason for it is that they have scheduled some special entertainment or activity (ex. the Quest, the Newly Wed and Not so Newly Wed game, etc.) for late evening when guests from both seatings can attend.

Telling someone that they will have a better time sitting with others than dining by themselves is, IMHO, more than a bit presumptuous, and anyone who tells you this, apparently believes that there is only one proper way to do things - their way. :rolleyes: There are times when a couple may want to spend their cruise having intimate dinners at a table for two and other times when they might enjoy the company of others. I believe that it is quite possible to have a wonderful dining experience whether you dine by yourselves or with others. We have done both and never regretted either decision. :)

6:00 and 8:30 I believe.... We always do late.. Put in a request to your T/A, if you're not satisified, talk to the maitdre..

Main seating shows are after dinner, late seating shows are usually before dinner...

Voyager's two Galveston seasons have had 5:30 and 8pm dinners... I can't speak for any other ship or even for Voyager's European seasons...

Archived