S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 9 Panorama

Cabin # - 9270

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet. Not connecting.

Balcony View - Great view - Unobstructed. On hump, forward and side views

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge, approx 100 sq ft

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, loved it.

Any other comments? Close to the elevators and stairs. Across from game room, but there are automatic doors between the cabin and the gameroom and elevators. We thought it was a great cabin and great location. Has pullman and trundle options.

Deck - sunrise

Cabin # - connecting cabins 7266 and 7268

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 7266 bed near balcony

7268 bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet. connecting cabins seem no noisier than non-connecting since the connection is in a little entry hall outside both doors.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions. on forward side of hump; nice view down to the sea

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? great location near elevator lobby

Sailed 1/18/09 to 1/25/09

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7364 and 7317

Class – SV

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 7364 balcony, 7317 bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. Connecting rooms.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view of the wake. No obstructions. Nice to take the divider out to make a nice wide balcony with 7317.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - 7364 slightly larger due to service closet. 7317 a bit smaller than 7364 but larger than some others on the same floor.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? A bit. Staff washed the deck each morning. We wiped the chairs and table down and each day had some soot. We could also see black smoke at times when sailing.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? Agree that you need to be prepared for long walks when booking aft cabins. Also agree regarding the lack of shade. On sunny days it got very hot in the room if we left the curtains open. Would be nice to have footstools on the balconies.

Starting to look like the Vista Deck is sworn to secrecy ..or urrrr maybe is kinda Hotel California way! You can check In but you can never check out~ LOL

ha - I was thinking the same thing about the Penthouse deck. We're on the March 20/09 sailing, booked in an AQ room -- all of which are on the Penthouse deck. I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has stayed on that floor. If no one has by the time we sail, well...what a way to disappear!

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sail Date - January 18, 2009

Deck - Sky

Cabin # - 1046

Class – Concierge Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions - wonderful view - very private balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for CC

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? None - great cabin - great room steward, Jose!

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9259 and 9261

Class – concierge class C2

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 9259 bed near balcony, 9261 bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – both quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstruction, opened door between for sharing

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems

Any other comments?

Hope this helps!

Rupert: :)

Did you get much noise from the service utility closet next to #7364?

We were not in the cabin much during the day, but we certainly didn't notice any noise during the morning, evenings or night. It was a very quiet cabin and I would not hesitate to book it again.

Deck -

Cabin # - 6188

Class – 07 Obstructed

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This class obstructed have tenders in front of the balcony. This is one of the better cabins, as you have the space between the davits just to your right as you are looking out. 6190 would be an even better choice, more centered on the space between the boats.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem?

No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Really didn't mind the obstruction. Didn't really use the balcony anyway. Just wanted to see what having one was like.

Hi fellow cruisers.

I just booked a cabin on Equinox and trying to read the cabin chart I see a square on the cabin floor plan. I asked for a sleeper sofa and wondered if that is what that means.

How do one read the square and triangle in the chart? Please inform me.

msliv

Here's a screen shot of one of the deck plans. You can see them all on Celebrity's website. Click here.

Depending on whether your box is white or black, you have a sofa bed for two or one in your cabin.

Celebrity's plan for the 8th Vista deck does not show the 3/4 passenger configurations. Here is a deck plan from another website that has that info. Also note, only on Deck 8 the angled cabins on the hump are mismarked (off by one).

Trudy

Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Solstice

1spacer.gifDeck Plans

• 2.gif

1spacer.gifVista Deck

54491_vistadeck.gif

Deck - 11 (Penthouse Deck)

Cabin # - 1552

Class – AquaClass

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, Not Connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View from the Cabin is fine, but the window-washing equipment is permanently parked in front of the next cabin (1554) and is directly in the middle of the view from 1552's balcony, because of the angle of the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - One of the largest non-suite balconies.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? It was a very good location near the forward elevators. I would absolutely book this cabin again.

I copied this from another thread. Noticed it because I have this cabin on Equinox next Jan:

"We had AQ 1610, and liked everything but Blu. It was okay,but we much preferred the speciality restaurants. I liked everything else about AQ, and our cabin had a large angled hump balcony. The room(on deck 11) was very quiet. I posted a review,pictures and attachments on a google page I created. We are going on the Equinox in the fall, and will try AQ again. Here's the link. I thought the Solstice was great. Have a great cruise on the ship."

Deck -8

Cabin # -8241

Class –2A

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin Non connecting, very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent, lifeboats 2 decks down. No interference

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Occasionally

Any specific problems with this cabin? Perfect

Any other comments? Spent my time here not at the pool. Could always get a chair.

I will be honeymooning March 1st on the Solstice. We are in 6120, which is a 2B. I *think* that means we have an unobstructed view.

But my biggest concern is the noise. We will be over the Solstice Theater. I was on a Carnival cruise directly over the theater last year, and it was horrible. I could hear every word of every show, as well as the motors running the lights up and down, etc. Does anyone know if the forward Continental Deck cabins are going to be a big problem for the noise?

Thanks!

I will be honeymooning March 1st on the Solstice. We are in 6120, which is a 2B. I *think* that means we have an unobstructed view.

But my biggest concern is the noise. We will be over the Solstice Theater. I was on a Carnival cruise directly over the theater last year, and it was horrible. I could hear every word of every show, as well as the motors running the lights up and down, etc. Does anyone know if the forward Continental Deck cabins are going to be a big problem for the noise?

Thanks!

Yes your view will be unobstructed straight down to the water. I have also asked the same question in another thread but didn't get any replies. I was booked in 6128 on the starboard side and was concerned about the noise in that one as I am a light sleeper and they have late night shows. 6133 opened up on the port side so I moved to that one which is two cabins further back but still has the view straight down to the water. I am now over the walkway which should be quieter. Keep checking this thread as I will continue to add information as others report back. Hopefully someone will reply about one of the cabins over the theatre.

Hope this helps a bit!!

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1621

Class – Aqua Class

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, except door doesn't close unless you tug hard!!

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, pleasant view

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Light switches a little tricky, when I only wanted the bedside lamps, I ended up turning on the whole cabin's lights!

Shower was very nice also.

Edited by Cruisenouvelle