S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1023

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - the right side? I can never remember which is which

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, Not Connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view...nothing between you and the water.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? My hair straightener would not turn on. Curling iron worked and everything else we tried in it was fine. The straightener would not work in my sisters room (1017) either, but worked just fine when we got home)

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1023

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - the right side? I can never remember which is which

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, Not Connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view...nothing between you and the water.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? My hair straightener would not turn on. Curling iron worked and everything else we tried in it was fine. The straightener would not work in my sisters room (1017) either, but worked just fine when we got home)

Hi Jodiesme,

the easiest way to remember -- at least for me -- is that "port"(side) has four letters, "left" has four letters. So, right side is "starboard". Both sides are great:D

Can anyone comment on the inside cabin? Normally we book balcony, but we are sailing the end of Nov in the Med. Coming from Southern California the weather will be cooler in the Med. than where I live, so I decided to book an inside. However, we have booked what appears to be a very large cabin #8328.

Any comments appreciated.

Michael

That's odd. Do you both have the same brand/make of straightener? Would you mind posting what it is? My SIL uses one all the time and it would be good to know if she should get a new/different one for the trip. Thanks!

Everyone,

Can we please limit posts here to the specific cabin information. All these extra posts are going to make it extremely difficult for me to go through and obtain the information that I created the thread for. Please keep to the topic. If you are looking for information on a specific cabin and don't see it here, please create a new thread and keep checking back to this one for your cabin number. We have really gotten off topic by bringing hair straighteners into this thread. :(

thank you, thank you, to all those who took the time to post this info! I have 1281 next fall and with the info provided I was able to figure out that my bed will be by the balcony! yes!!! I will be sure to post when we return if someone has not yet done so.

Deck - 7 -- Sunrise

Cabin # - 7317

Class Sunset Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Port but barely; almost the center of the aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath)bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting cabin, very quiet, no creaking

Balcony View -– the blue solar panels that runs the length of the back of the ship below the deck six balconies are not very pleasant to look at. The higher you go, the less you notice the blue area below.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly wider than the standard size balcony but no deeper.

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? very little on our cruise.

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? It is a long way to the elevators/staircase from the aft cabins but we enjoy the walking. If selecting an aft Veranda (sunset or conceirge class), be aware that the width of the balconies back here vary quite a bit. The balcony to our left was far larger and we are staying in that cabin in March so I'll report back. The depth of the verandas are all the same but the width, thus offering extra balcony space, does vary. The cabins next to the Sky Suites on the corners have the smallest balconies. The aft balconies on this ship are not nearly as enticing as the aft on the M-class ships. If long distance walking is a challenge, I recommend one of the angled hump balconies that have the largest balconies for standard cabins.

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1607

Class – RS

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Separate room

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Some noise from pool deck, but not bad

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Veranda was very large with whirlpool bath. On front of hump, so we could see forward easily.

Balcony Size? Normal or over sized for class? - Normal for RS

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, it was very nice.

Any other comments?

We had Rikki as a butler, and he is one of the best. Very nice room, with large table for having breakfast (including waffles) in the mornings. ;)

If I may suggest,

1. Highlight the entire area of the spread sheet wheere there is text

2. From the menus at the top select "data" then "Sort"

3. Select column A -or what ever column has the cabin numbers

4. Select "assending" (to sort from smallest number to largest)

5. Clcik on the box at the bottom of the sort window that says "has header row"

Now the list will be in cabin number order. And it will be much easier as the list expands to locate a particular cabin number.

If I may suggest,

1. Highlight the entire area of the spread sheet wheere there is text

2. From the menus at the top select "data" then "Sort"

3. Select column A -or what ever column has the cabin numbers

4. Select "assending" (to sort from smallest number to largest)

5. Clcik on the box at the bottom of the sort window that says "has header row"

Now the list will be in cabin number order. And it will be much easier as the list expands to locate a particular cabin number.

The list is already sorted by cabin number. Ascending order. As the list grows I intend to sort by deck then cabin number.

I have made this thread a sticky in hopes that more will contribute.

A BIG thanks to Mysticks1 for compiling this information. It is a BIG job and we are all appreciative.

As Mysticks1 requested, let's keep this thread to posting info on your cabin only. If you have questions regarding specific cabins, please start a separate thread to have your questions answered. It will make it much easier for Mysticks1 to go through the info and orangize it for us.

THANKS, MYSTICKS1 !!!

Deck - Continental (6)

Cabin # - 6231

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting. No noise from neighbor, but quite a bit of creaking sounds.

Balcony View - Unobstructed view. Cabin has tinted glass from "X" but was not an issue for us.

Balcony Size? Normal or over sized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Cabin location was best on ship. Just fabulous. Cabin steward Victor was the best!

Deck -12..Resort Deck

Cabin # - 2114

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – mostly quiet, a little noise from above but not enough to bother us.

Balcony View - unobstructed

Balcony Size? normal for catagory

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? our cabin was perfect in our estimation....right by the elevators, but no noise from that....we loved it!!

Any other comments? We have been on 50 cruises and we thought the Solstice was the most beautiful we have been on.

---------------------------

I have made this thread a sticky in hopes that more will contribute.

AAs Mysticks1 requested, let's keep this thread to posting info on your cabin only. If you have questions regarding specific cabins, please start a separate thread to have your questions answered. It will make it much easier for Mysticks1 to go through the info and orangize it for us.

THANKS, MYSTICKS1 !!!

Anne, obviously people dont read previous posts. Is there any way the posts asking about cabins and not posting information about them can be moved to another post? I know it's a lot of work for you, but this is a good thread and I think other posters don't read the previous posts so don't know that we'd like to keep it on point.. (you may move this one:rolleyes::D).

Garry

Thank you, Host Anne, for making this a sticky.:)

Thanks Mysticks1 for all the work that you are doing.:)

And I too implore everyone to keep this thread for posting info about the cabins, only.