S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

On 1/20/2009 at 6:26 PM, Mysticks1 said:

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

Google Spreadsheet

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

The spreadsheet is found in post #1 on page 1 of this thread.  

I have not been able to get the filter to work so I just scroll down to the cabin I am interested in - and read the posts for the ship(s) and cabin (or neighboring cabins).  I generally search the entire thread too since it is sometimes easier to do that and comments will mention cabins other than the one being reviewed.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:23 AM, cheeseheads4ever said:

I agree. Not sure how to find a room on spreadsheet without going through every ship and room. Someone said just go to forum put Name of ship and room. Everything with ship name comes up.

Try different browsers. I also downloaded it and open in Excel where you can do sort and search easily.

SHIP:  Reflection

CABIN #:  2215

DECK #:  12

CLASS:  C2

AREA:  Last cabin on port side aft

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?:  Quiet, rarely heard noise from cafeteria above

BALCONY VIEW:  Port side forward

BALCONY SIZE:  Large, angled

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Edited by BCJO
typo

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #:  6114 / Moved to 6110

DECK #:  6

CLASS:  2B?

AREA:  Front of Ship

BED NEAR:  Bath in both

QUIET?:  Yes

BALCONY VIEW:  good straight down and ahead/back

BALCONY SIZE:  Standard

WIND A PROBLEM?:  Some from being on front of ship

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  Originally in 6114.  Had an odor that continued to grow and after 2+ days they moved us to 6110.  Bathroom space in 6114 is reduced due to a pillar that comes right down thru the mirror.    Some wear on cabinet drawers where hardware was loose in both cabins...curtains seemingly need replacement.

Ship:  Equinox

Cabin 7181

Deck 7

Class: 2A

Area:  Mid Ship, Port Side

Bed Near:  Balcony

Quiet? Yes

Balcony View:  Great outward view.  Above Life boats

Balcony Size - Normal

Wind?  No

Soot?  No

Comments:  I love this location on the boat.  Equinox is going in for edgification soon.  The drapes were a tad dodgy, but everything else appeared to be in good shape.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:36 AM, craftymom914 said:

Ship:  Equinox

Cabin 1561

Deck 11

Class: AQ

Area:  Forward, Port Side

Bed Near:  Balcony

Quiet? Yes

Balcony View:  Under the Deck 12 overhang.  That juts out about 6 feet overhead.  I LOVED it because there was never a time I couldn’t use the balcony.  Total shade.

Balcony Size - Normal

Wind?  No

Soot?  No

Comments:  I was nervous booking this cabin as it is under the Solarium.  I was afraid of cart or chair noise.  Absolutely not a problem.  Occasionally, when on the balcony, I would hear a distant rumble which I assumed was a cart.  You couldn’t hear any noise from inside the cabin.  And the balcony also didn’t have any noise from pool music or anything.

Sorry.  I meant only to copy the form not the previous poster’s Cruise Critic name.

Edited by helen haywood

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11198

Class –  Sky Suite S1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Facing the sea

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting.  Very quiet.  If on Balcony, we could hear into the connecting rooms if their balcony doors were open.  This room was directly off the elevator banks but never heard any noise from people coming into the hallway.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Looking forward you could see the track for the Magic Carpet.  Wasn't a problem at all.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony for an S1 but it was large.  We did not request a lounger as that would have crowded the balcony.  The regular chairs were very comfortable.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? The bathroom door magnet was so strong that it would make a loud bang when being closed.  We ended up putting a wash cloth on the top corner which reduced the noise.

Any other comments? We got this room on a Move Up offer.  I couldn't be happier with our decision.  It was a great room in a great location.

1 hour ago, chawkjewel said:

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11198

Class –  Sky Suite S1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Facing the sea

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting.  Very quiet.  If on Balcony, we could hear into the connecting rooms if their balcony doors were open.  This room was directly off the elevator banks but never heard any noise from people coming into the hallway.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Looking forward you could see the track for the Magic Carpet.  Wasn't a problem at all.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony for an S1 but it was large.  We did not request a lounger as that would have crowded the balcony.  The regular chairs were very comfortable.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? The bathroom door magnet was so strong that it would make a loud bang when being closed.  We ended up putting a wash cloth on the top corner which reduced the noise.

Any other comments? We got this room on a Move Up offer.  I couldn't be happier with our decision.  It was a great room in a great location.

Which ship is it? If it is Edge, it should be in another thread.

SHIP: Celebrity Reflection

CABIN #: 2102

DECK #: 12

CLASS: A1

AREA: Starboard Forward

BED NEAR: Window

QUIET?: Mostly. You hear the elevator dings.

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Slightly smaller as it is the foremost balcony on deck 12 and the railings are turning a bit inward.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very happy with the stateroom and location.

• Like 1

Ship: Celebrity Silhouette 

Cabin:1622

Deck: 11

Class: Celebrity Suite

Area: Starboard

Bed:  full livingroom and separate bedroom

Balcony size:  extra large. 2 lounge chairs large table and two dining chairs

Wind/ no problem

soot: no problem 

Problems/comments:  excellent suite.  Walk in closet, loads of storage. large bathroom with 🛀 combo.  Butler surin excellent. Sunnie cabin steward great.  Loved Vanessa Michaels club concierge 

Perfect quiet location near elevators

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2009 at 8:26 PM, Mysticks1 said:

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 7354

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 2B

AREA: AFT Starboard Side

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Not obstructed

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: 

Not sure if this is where I’m supposed to post but...

Just off the Reflection and was in cabin # 3119 OV. The piping goes through the ceiling. If you want any sleep don’t choose this cabin. On our 10 night cruise, we tried getting moved after second day but apparently our cabin wasn’t considered an emergency!!! Just an FYI!!

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #:7211

DECK #:7

CLASS: 2A

AREA: Port

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very - no noise from elevators

BALCONY VIEW: View to aft is blocked by cabins on the hump, can see all the way to the bridge

BALCONY SIZE: First angled cabin on the hump so only slightly bigger

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: When standing at railing, can see straight into the balcony next door (7209) so not private.  The slightly bigger bit of balcony always had water pooled there.  Not worth paying any extra for.

-PAXP-deijE.gif

SHIP: Eclipse (24 March 2019, South America to San Diego). 

CABIN #: 1610

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua (A1)

AREA: Mid Ship, very close to Elevators, on the hump. Great location. 

BED NEAR: Closet and Bathroom

QUIET?: Overall very quiet. On a rare occasion, I could just hear some music, but mostly when I was on the balcony. I may have heard chairs being moved, but I typically wear ear plugs.

BALCONY VIEW: Great views forward and starboard. Being the last angle cabin next to the hump, you can lean forward and look aft. This cabin is next to a large suite. 

BALCONY SIZE: Extra large; largest of the angle balconies.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Near the balcony railing, it was windy; otherwise no issues.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: None.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  I loved the location of this cabin and having the bed-by-the-bath configuration (although I'd take any room configuration). Our cabin attendant, Jaime, was great!! He kept our room tidy, changed our bath towels when we needed them changed, and was very prompt in our (few) requests. 

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 1591

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua 1

AREA:  Mid-ship close to elevators. Port side

BED NEAR:  Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Average

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Interior cabins have door on opposite side. Slight noise about 7:30 a.m. from deck chairs being arranged above. Only lasted a few minutes. Could hear the band on the one occasion they had a late night event by the pool, but it didn't seem to last long.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 6165

DECK #: 6

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Mostly quiet (our neighbors were loud but no other noise)

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed, could see straight out to water but not down. Would book this again as obstruction didn't bother us.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Lots of storage space, great bathroom, beds were comfortable

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 3117

DECK #:  3 - Plaza

CLASS: Ocean View

AREA:  Port - FWD

BED NEAR:  Door

QUIET?:  The noisiest room of any ship or hotel I've ever been in.  24/7 metal clanging and shifting movements of something on exterior and above.  I felt it was the tender dock door below in need of a lot of grease.  Also wonder if something wasn't done right with the construction to reduce of size of QUASAR to add Furture Cruise Sales, the division wall between them straddles the cabin above.  Also had noises of wooden doors or drawers opening and closing.  Below, you can hear occasional movement of large items, perhaps pallets, of things thru the night.  I've attached a 30 second recoding of the noise literally 24/7 unless ship is not moving.  Low speed or high speed, same result.

End of day, the noise below of pallets nor the sound of QUASAR till 1 am were bothersome.  But the clanging was relentless.

BALCONY VIEW: None, but ocean views were great, felt at "water level"

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  I actually met guests in cabin prior to me, and they have same issues.  The cabin is literally not salable yet they do.

New Recording.m4a

Edited by cle-guy

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 3101 

DECK #:  3 - Plaza

CLASS: Ocean View

AREA:  Port - full forward FWD by door leading to crew cabins

BED NEAR:  Center of room - Accessible Cabin

QUIET?: Yes, very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: None, but ocean views were great, felt at "water level"

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  I typically do not like H/C cabins or hotel rooms. However the design of the cabin was done quite well so you don't notice it too much but if you needed the features, you would appreciate them.  Auto door closer/opener, bathroom door has no step and is large and open, shower is well sized.  Plenty of room for parking multiple chairs or scooters.  Has 2 side chairs instead of a sofa.  Honestly, felt like a typical hotel room in style, size (felt 2x typical cabin size to me) and functionality.  Had a US-110v power socket bedside also for any necessary medical equipment, in addition to the standard outlets at desk.  Curtains are worn with pinholes missing hanging hooks and look quite shabby (Quite Motel 6 sadly), and this cabin was missing the decorative shears so it looked pretty terrible.  Bathroom is poorly lit - literally triple size of a typical bath, yet the mirror light is 1/4 the size and only has 1 ceiling light that's no more than 20watts bright and when in shower, no light if you close the curtain.  A/C also seems to be lacking, perhaps the double size cabin wasn't fitted properly with extra HVAC needed for the space.  TV was unusually small (smaller than standard cabin) even though it was farther from the bed and seating area allowing you to see the mechanics and the mounting and holes in the wall for the cables.

I would ABSOLUTELY take this cabin again.  NOTE: I also reviewed 3117 just a few doors away which had a LOT of noise, this cabin experienced NONE of it.  I was relocated from 3117 to 3101 mid cruise due to noise.

Edited by cle-guy

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 2119

DECK #: 12

CLASS: S1 Sky Suite

AREA:  port side, aft

BED NEAR:  bath

QUIET?: No.  This room,is located under and un-carpeted area of the buffet.  There is chair scraping noise from early morning until late at night.  Also, there is frequent noise from the dish trolleys in the buffet.  Due to noise, I would not book this area again.

BALCONY VIEW:  Good, overhang above

BALCONY SIZE:  Normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:   Due to noise from buffet, I would not book this area again.

Edited by Tomato53

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1138

DECK #: 10

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Starboard Side, Aft Bump

BED NEAR: Door/Bath

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent. Angled bump means you can't see front of ship, but then again, bridge can't look in on you!

BALCONY SIZE: Slightly deeper than normal due to bump out

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Excellent room. Adjacent to elevators but no elevator noise.