S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Has anyone have info. on #2105 on the Resort deck

Please start your own thread for this. I have requested this multiple times previously. :( This thread is to collect information and I will compile it - if your cabin number comes up from someone the info will be added.

Can you complete the information - Bed near? Balcony size? Noise? Wind? View?

Bed was near balcony sliding door.

Balcony size: standard

Noise: no noise / very quiet

Wind: no noise

View: Aft no obstruction

Soot: no problem

Port side

Deck - 11 (Penthouse Deck)

Cabin # - 1552

Class – AquaClass

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, Not Connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View from the Cabin is fine, but the window-washing equipment is permanently parked in front of the next cabin (1554) and is directly in the middle of the view from 1552's balcony, because of the angle of the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - One of the largest non-suite balconies.

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? It was a very good location near the forward elevators. I would absolutely book this cabin again.

While we agree with everything said about this stateroom (#1552), including the comments about the window washing equipment, and the location - we would like to add a bit more. Please note, these comments are strictly OUR thoughts ...

We felt that the configuration with the bed near the balcony gave an illusion of being smaller. Additionally, it was difficult to get into the closet with the couch almost on top of it.

We did not feel that these cabins (and after seeing at least 5 different classes in a cabin crawl, they are all cookie cutter staterooms until you get to the suites) have enough closet and storage space. Admittedly, we went down a week pre-cruise, and stayed a week post-cruise on our own, and had additional clothing. But on the Equinox many of us are flying in pre-cruise, and doing the B2B and the storage space is going to be very tight.

That said - we are told that Celebrity is making some changes to the Equinox to correct the closet situation. I don't see any way they can correct the drawer space. WAY too small IMHO. We are, however, again booked in #1552 for the B2B.

I should also say that we, like many others we met in Aquaclass, elected to eat in the main dining room.

Marti

Edited by wtrmdr

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7298

Class – 2B

Bed near? Balcony

Quiet Cabin Very Quiet

Balcony View - Good. Looking down on lifeboats but not a distraction at all.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? We actually liked the bed by the balcony and had no problem with access to the closet. I put a small pop-up mesh hamper in that floor space so it worked great. When I was on for a 2 night in November I thought the storage might be skimpy but I think we would be fine on a much longer cruise as well. I was prepared to not like the overbed storage but it was very functional as well.

Hi

Anyone have any info on Solstice SV 1409 re: soot on balcony, size of balcony etc

Obviously no one reads the previous posts so please create your own thread for this question and reserve this one for my collection of information.

Thank you

Although our cabin on our upcoming cruise (9295) is not listed yet, I wanted to thank the OP for all the work involved in setting up the pdf file. If no one posts on this cabin before I return, I'll take care of it when I get back!

Edited by Host Karen

• Deck - Penthouse
  • Cabin # - 1610
  • Class – Aqua Class
  • Starboard or Port Side - Starboard
  • Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath
  • Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Relatively quiet; however, at times you could hear noise from the Resort Deck directly above
  • Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – As 1610 is one one of the ship's "bump-outs," it has a great forward and starboard side view
  • Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized for class with an angled railing; however, not outfitted with additional furniture, e.g. chaise lounge
  • Was wind a problem? No
  • If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A
  • Any specific problems with this cabin? None noted at time of sailing
  • Any other comments? Considering the extra large balcony and the stateroom's proximity to the elevators (which are shielded with barrier doors for soundproofing), if you're going for Aqua Class it's a great choice. In addition, it is abuts one of the ship's Royal Suites; however, does not adjoin it.

DECK= 10 SKY STARBOARD.

CABIN=1090

CLASS=CC1

BED=BATH (1086 IS BALCONY ssssssh had a sneaky look....)

VIEW=GREAT,towards aft see hump but no deal...........

SIZE=NORMAL.

COMMENTS= LIKE BEDS AT BATH EASIER TO GET INTO CLOSETS THAN NEXT TO COUCH. CABINS TO AFT WERE ALL ALL CONNECTING.GREAT LOCATION MID SHIP AND QUIET NEXT TO ELEVATORS.

I'm going to be sailing on Sunday on the Solstice, and some of you have reviewed rooms very near mine (Sunrise - 7169). Your reviews are very reassuring. It's only our second cruise, and we loved our previous exprience on the Millenium (in 2006).

Anyone of you have a clear picture of the verandas in general? The reason I'm asking is that I've seen the reviews on this site of the Solstice (it's hit or miss in general, it seems), and one of the problem seems to be finding chairs in the pool area during days at sea. We're not big fans of the sun in general (we're from Quebec, so we don't tan, we burn), and I was wondering if we can't find chairs in the shades, is hanging on the veranda for a day a quiet and relaxing experience? A picture would give me an idea.

Anyone can help?

Deck - Resort Deck

Cabin # - 2116

Class – Sky Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near bath POLE located in bedside area by wall!

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This cabin iw two behind the "hump". The view forward was slightly restricted but not really a problem.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size balcony, ample space for two with a recliner and larger table

Was wind a problem? not a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

We loved this cabin, location and of course, our butler.

Obviously no one reads the previous posts so please create your own thread for this question and reserve this one for my collection of information.

Thank you

Please, please, please:)

I'm going to be sailing on Sunday on the Solstice, and some of you have reviewed rooms very near mine (Sunrise - 7169). Your reviews are very reassuring. It's only our second cruise, and we loved our previous exprience on the Millenium (in 2006).

Anyone of you have a clear picture of the verandas in general? The reason I'm asking is that I've seen the reviews on this site of the Solstice (it's hit or miss in general, it seems), and one of the problem seems to be finding chairs in the pool area during days at sea. We're not big fans of the sun in general (we're from Quebec, so we don't tan, we burn), and I was wondering if we can't find chairs in the shades, is hanging on the veranda for a day a quiet and relaxing experience? A picture would give me an idea.

Anyone can help?

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9212

Class – Cat 9 inside

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed was in center, no couch, just 2 chairs on opposite wall.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes. Not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A It was an inside cabin

Was wind a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO

Any other comments? We had two easy chairs instead of a couch, made the cabin seem more roomy. From those cabins we could peek into, looked like most of the insides in our area had chairs, no couch.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1584

Class – AQ

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Cabin is below the general pool area (I believe). Heard some walking noises from above in the afternoon, but it was not really much of a problem.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view. Obviously if you stand at the railing and look down, you can see the lifeboats below. The glass side looking out while sitting was really nice.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Not at all. The large overhang from the area above was great for keeping you in the shade.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? None except those mentioned above.

Any other comments? Loved the bathroom and T.V.