S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Sunrise

Cabin # - 7223

Class – 2B

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin – very quiet

Balcony View - Outstanding

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Hallway noise at all, being behind the elevator? Do you recall if there was a stewards utility cabin nearby? Was the balcony view down completely unubstructed?

Thanks!

Edited by jspirit

Hallway noise at all, being behind the elevator? Do you recall if there was a stewards utility cabin nearby? Was the balcony view down completely unubstructed?

Thanks!

The elevator area is closed off from the cabin area, so there is no noise from them. Opposite cabin 7223 is a sliding door that opens into what we called our living room(grin), it was an interactive ecological area with a globe etc. It also had some comfortable seating which was nice for meeting up with our group and we saw some people reading there. Just to the right of this area are the elevators.

We didn't see the stewards utility cabin nearby.

If you stand at the rail on the balcony and look down, you will see the lifeboats, but they did not interfere with our view. Sitting on the balcony you do not see them.

sue

Guest Host Cheryl

Between the Solstice and Century -- Which ship did you prefer?

Deck -

Cabin # - 1112

Class – Celebrity Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – N/A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions whatsoever (which is what you would expect) but my balcony was not on the "X" which means glass was clear.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class (spacious)

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Creaky a bit when the ship was being tossed about.

Any other comments? A lovely suite --highly recommended. Convenient location (close to elevators -right across hall to library), felt very private, was quiet. Spacious -- nice "L" shaped sofa in living area - plenty of room to stretch out. Comfortable deck furniture.

I just noticed your signiture on another thread, and actually asked you a question about cabins on Solstice, so this is wonderful!! My husband and I are planning on booking Solstice for Sept. 2010 for our 20th anniversary!

As soon as 2010 bookings open up, I want to book, and I have no clue what cabin to book, so I will be checking here frequently for info.

Thanks again,:)

Roberta

Three cabin reviews for the price of one!

Deck - 7 (Sunrise)

Cabin # - 7169

Class – 2B Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Completely quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view at the horizon and the sky, obstructed view looking at the sea near the ship. But generally speaking, it was wonderful.

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? No

================================

Deck - 12 (Resort)

Cabin # - 2139 and 2141

Class – C1 Concierge

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath for 2139, Balcony for 2141

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not very quiet. Whatever it is, some is rolling on deck 14 on a regular basis and probably annoys the passengers of pretty much all rooms of deck 12. It starts as early at 5 AM.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view at the horizon. Sky is somewhat obstructed by the enlargment of deck 14 overheard. Can see the waves against the ship nicely.

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

Any other comments? No

Deck - 8 (Vista)

Cabin # - 8197

Class – 1A - Delux Ocean View w Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized (See below)

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Deck plans for Vista deck are off by one cabin. Cabin 8197 was on an angle and had a larger veranda. Highly recommended.

This summer, we are planning to have our first cruise (solstice)

I want to know what exactly the upper berth (bed) look like?

Is it secure for a child to sleep in this upper berth bed? Can they fall down?

Is it better to take a room with the double sofa bed or a room with a upper berth and a single sofa bed (i think)

We are a family of four with kids age 7 and 10

Thank you

Deck - 9 (panorama)

Cabin # - 9132

Class – 1B - Delux Ocean View w Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments?

Deck - 9 (Panorama)

Cabin # - 9134

Class – 1B - Delux Ocean View w Veranda

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Loved them both!

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9245

Class – Concierge Class

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet cabin

Balcony View - Balcony is the first aft of the bulge. Thus, forward views were somewhat obstructed, but side and aft views were magnificent.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Access to the overhead storage above the bed was awkward.

Any other comments? According to rep. from housekeeping, ship's policy is to lock the mini-bar/refrigerator on the final evening during turn-down.

This is done to facilitate having all accounts closed by 8 AM on disembarkation day.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8334

Class – 1A

QUOTE]

Correction - in cabin 8334 bed is near the bath. Sorry for the mistake on this.

Edited by RandS

info. on : cabin 6228 & 6230 adjoining ...... 2 B balcony starboard Continental deck

..........cabin 7143 ( handicap )... 7129 .....2 B balcony port sunrise deck

thanks so much

Pema

Cabin 7254 -2b starboard

Bed near the balcony

No wind problem in fact used balcony to get sun when couldn't find chair on deck.

no soot problem.

this cabin's exact location is directly above the bow of the last life boat near the stern.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2104

Class – CC

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet, eventhough it is midship

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, last balcony on the 'bump-out'

Was wind a problem? Ate breakfast most mornings without problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N\A

Any other comments? Great location very central to everything...not a long walk from elevators

Solistice 2/22/09

Deck - 10, Sky Deck

Cabin # - 1066

Class – Concierge Class 1

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Usually quiet, though we could hear the phone ring and occasional conversation from neighboring 1068 (we were traveling with the occupants of 1068, 3131, and 3129). NOTE: 1066 is across the hall from an extremely frequently used Crew Access door to an interior stairwell. Early mornings you constantly heard it slam shut as room service and other personnel went about. Enough to wake you if you're a light sleeper.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. (See Specific Problems Section.)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size.

Was wind a problem? Never.

Any specific problems with this cabin? On Sky Deck, and ONLY Sky Deck, only every other balcony could be fully 'opened' to share deck space. There are large supporting beams running up from every other Sky Deck balcony to Deck 12, 2 floors above. As a result, the balcony partitions are set into the 'V' portions of these beams, so only a small 'V' shaped section of the balcony divider can be opened/removed. You would have to crawl over the large supporting beams and through the 'V' to access the neighboring balcony. These beams were present between cabins 1066 and 1068, but NOT present between 1066 and 1064, which had a normal balcony divider. Had I known this, I would have booked 66/64 instead of 66/68.

Any other comments? Cabin Stewardess Helen was one of the best we've ever had - Crystal, Seabourn, Celebrity included. We found the bathroom storage spaces to be plentiful, but too small and/or oddly shaped to be very useful. Standard (non-Aqua Class) shower was excellent.

Solstice 2/22 - 3/1/09 Email me if you want photos of the two balcony dividers showing the large support beams on this balcony; I will email them to you within the next few days. dthornton at pacbell dot net. Please put 'Balcony Pic Request' in the subject line as I dump all spam.

Edited by BurgerBits

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Hi...we were on 2/22 Solstice sailing; here's our response....

Deck - Panorama[/color]

Cabin # - #9382Class – 1 Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Largest on Aft - Oversize (but not huge - 3 glass panels)

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None...enjoyed it thoroughly

Any other comments?

1. Closet/drawer space was adequate for 7 days (maybe not for a longer cruise, but we didn't use cabinets above the bed so that would help).

2. TV swings toward the bed; no problem viewing.

3. Safe not so low that it's a problem reaching.

4. Beds are comfortable; 3 pillow choices.Hope this helps.[/b]

Edited by oceangoer2

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6176

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin - Very quiet. We were near a crew staircase and never heard anything. If fact, the hallways were the quietest we've had on any cruise. There also was little noise from the walkway beneath our balcony.

Balcony View - Good view out to sea and horizon both when sitting or standing on the balcony. The only obstruction was when looking down. When looking down you saw the roof of the lifeboat.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? The water from the cold water faucet was surprisingly warm. This was not limited to our cabin, but noticed throughout the ship.

Any other comments? Storage was more plentiful than it appeared at first. There was plenty of room to store all our stuff.

Deck - Continental 6

Cabin # - 6227

Class – 2B

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin creaked quite a bit. It woke me up a few nights.

Balcony View - Fully unobstructed and in the middle of the hump so there is nothing between you and the sea when looking down.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? The TV had an iszsue with the volume control. Our room steward fixed it 1/2 way through the cruise and said the system had frozen.

Any other comments?

Hi...we have Solstice aft cabin 2155 booked for 11/30 and I am concerned about what you said...soot and noise. Is the noise from above during the night or day or day and night...

I worry about sleeping without noise. Never had a bed close to the veranda before...

does that seem strange? In other words the sofa and sitting area is between the bed area and the bathroom?? Not sure I like that arrangement. Do you think being aft for the view offsets the negatives you mentioned? Thanks for the info!