meet and greet question

44summertime

We've set up our meet and greet for the afternoon of our first sea day -90 minutes in Skywalkers. Cash bar, no snacks-not even a pretzel! :cool:

Who from the Princess staff should we invite- cruise director, officers, etc? when do we invite them-after we board, pre-cruise? Should I convey the invite through the Princess rep that arranged the M&G, or prewrite the invites, and leave them at the pursor's desk when we board. I don't want to leave out anyone that should be included.

Any input would be appreciated.

Janet

We've set up our meet and greet for the afternoon of our first sea day -90 minutes in Skywalkers. Cash bar, no snacks-not even a pretzel! :cool:

Who from the Princess staff should we invite- cruise director, officers, etc? when do we invite them-after we board, pre-cruise? Should I convey the invite through the Princess rep that arranged the M&G, or prewrite the invites, and leave them at the pursor's desk when we board. I don't want to leave out anyone that should be included.

Janet

On the Ruby Inaugural we had the Captain/PSD/ show up. The CD and several others were invited but no showed. It was a busy sailing though due to it being a new ship.

Captain gave a long speech and stayed almost 1 hour.

Drop the invites at the pursers deck.

Janet

There is no set invitation protocol. Some M&Gs prefer to keep it in house. If you do invite anyone I would suggest the Captain, Staff Captain. PSD, the Cruise Director and Maitre'd. You can find out their names when you board by asking at the pursers desk and then leave invitations there, where they will be delivered. Don't be disappointed if they do not show since they all have busy schedules, as I am sure you aware.

Janet

I suggest first inviting them through the Princess rep so if that works, they may be able to arrange their schedules to attend. But I would also followup on board via letters as others have suggested in case the message did not get through via the rep.

In your December 27th thread, Tigger B (on the second page) had a nice list of staff he invited to his meet and greet. I actually took notes from his post, he had some really good ideas, so I copied what he wrote:

"We sailed the Emerald last January and I was in charge of setting up the M&G. I arranged through email for an area and was given the Skywalkers Lounge with the dry snacks and a no host bar. We all knew this going in and like some of you have said...It's not what is given you, it's what you make of it. Although it would be nice to get a bunch of freebies, it wasn't necessary as the whole purpose was to just have a place where we could all meet and get to know each other.

I had pre-written about 12 invitations for the Emerald Staff to attend our M&G. As soon as I got on board I gave them to the Pursor's desk and asked if he would get them delivered...I was knocked out of my sandals the next day at our M&G, everyone showed up. The Captain, Staff Captain, Cruise Director, Maitre'd, Head Chef, Personal Services Director, and several others...Wow! This made our M&G a tremendous success...

I threw in a few games to break the ice and a gift exchange of something representing the area you came from ($10.00 max.) and everyone walked away very happy and with a lot of new friends.

Everytime you would see one of the staff on the rest of the cruise, they would always recognize you and say hello to you by name. I like that...

Personnaly, I don't need the free drinks and finger foods...I just appreciate the space that is provided to us and the opportunity to meet new friends. The staff on board really appreciates the Cruise Critic groups as we are a sizeable group."

There was also a note from one of the community leaders that Cruise Critic was in the process of working with more cruise lines to get official meet and mingle events like Celebrity and RCCL now have. Look for an announcement in January, so you might be able to have an "official" meeting for your group.

I hope this helps.

Yes, it did. I planned on inviting the crew members listed in that post, but wasn't sure who the "and several others were" I was just wondering who else should to be included. Didn't want to leave anyone out, and I want to make sure I have enough written invites when we board.

Thanks

Archived