The adults in an inside cabin - How bad will it be??

Bobbigrl27

I am cruising on the Crown Princess next year for the first time. There will be three adults in an inside room. I'm just wondering if anyone has done that before and how crowded was it? I have only cruised on Royal Caribbean in the past and there were only two of us in the room.

Any tips you can give me on how to make it as comfortable as possible would be appreciated! :D

HOT BUNKS: Reminds me of ole' dads 'fond' memories of floating around the Pacific on a troop ship during the 'the Big One' - showers once every 7-10 days. I think they used those flame throwers on Okinawa trying to get rid of the aroma... (shame on me!)

Seriously, I hope they're Good Friends and that you admonish each other to UNDERPACK (it's so easy to bring too much; you've got self laundry on Princess)

The public areas are where its at on a ship anyway! You won't be in there much.

Thanks for your kind words. I am fully aware that it is going to be crowded. And if we could afford a bigger room, we would do it. I have cruised two other times, but the other two ladies are single moms and and this is probably a once in a lifetime cruise for them. We are all looking forward to the cruise. I'm am glad to hear that others have survived with 3 in a room. :p

What a fabulous opportunity for those single moms! They are going to be in heaven :)

Seriously, you will have no problems. You are all aware of the close quarters and you are all motivated to get along and have a great time. As much as I love traveling with my family, I have always thought a cruise with friends would be a blast!

The insides on the Crown are 160 sq ft in total (12 3/4' x 12.5') approx, less twin beds, dresser & bathroom so as u can imagine the floor space will be minimal..

My suggestion wld be to lay out this area on the floor with the obstructions or see if one of u has a room filled with furniture in approx this size and all of u cld then move around, sit down and generally attempt to function in it for a hr or so..This wld give u a good feel for what the travel experience will be like.

I hope u do get to cruise & have a great time :)

We were a family of 3 on the Crown last year. My husband and 14 year old son used the spa showers quite often, so this was great for me. The dressing table and wardrobe area are a good size. No problems. The Crown is a lovely ship, you will have a great time.

Defiantly use the spa locker room. The showers are VERY roomy and they have a body wash dispenser, you don't have to worry about dropping the soap.;) And most of the ships I have been on have steam and sauna rooms to use free of charge.

The spa shower is a good tip (I think)

My wife always uses the spa shower after the gym and I use the room. In the evening, I let her shower first so she can take care of make up, etc while I shower.

I think you all will have a blast.

GO FOR IT!! I did this a few years ago with two of my girlfriends. Oh what a BLAST. We talked beforehand and didn't bring shampoo and stuff that we could get on board. As others have mentioned, bring only one hairspray, toothpaste, etc.......

We always had done insides, then one year we had a suite and another couple of times a balcony. But I have booked an inside for us on my upcoming cruise and I would book and inside as oppose to not going!

One other note, one of you will get the lucky upper bunk bed :eek:. I was the lucky one on our cruise..... switch up with each other.... I am not a tiny person, but I made it up the ladder (even after a night of drinks).

Hope you have a great time!

Kathy

Princess has great closet & drawer space.....that said.....

1. Don't over pack. You don't need 6 pairs of shoes. And try to pack light stuff and not the formal wear with the hoop skirt!!!! :eek:

2. There's no sink space to put stuff on.....bring a shoe bag to hang on the bathroom door....Each gal gets a row for her stuff.

3. Turn on the Princess channel on your T.V. to get a view of the outside world.

4. Bring a night light.....the room gets so, so dark.

5. Bring ear plugs and night mask.....when lights go on it can be a shocker.

6. Bring extra cash to tip your room steward, he/she will have earned it after keeping all of you in order.

7. Ask for extra pillows/top sheets/egg crates the moment you spot your steward upon arrival.

8. Bring the Fabreeze bathroom spray.....there are NO WINDOWS OR DOORS to open for fresh air.

Have fun! You will have a blast.....Girlfriend cruises are the best. :)

6. Bring extra cash to tip your room steward, he/she will have earned it after keeping all of you in order.

Why would they have to tip extra unless they get exceptional service? The room steward will receive auto-tip from each of the 3 people in the cabin.

One more thing...remember there are tons of public restrooms all over the ship...so if you got some serious business to take care of, then don't do it in the room:eek:. Also, bring a couple of small flashlights with you and leave one near the door and one on the nightstand so that if one of you comes in late, or goes to the gym early, or has to go to the bathroom at night, you can see where you are going w/o having to turn on all the lights. I bought battery operated tea light candles that I love to bring on cruises with me. They give off enough light, and they are romantic to put out on balconies (although not applicable to you on this cruise), but the battery operated candles flicker like a real candle.

I think you'll be just fine. The answers on this thread completely reflect your comfort level in various sized cabins. I am in the camp that can deal with an inside cabin because its just there to change, bathroom and sleep in. I hardly spend any time in my cabin and would much rather save my money for something else. There are many who wouldn't dream of even cruising in anything less than a balcony room or royal suite! I don't judge them at all, its their thing, and that's ok! ;)

Yes there are showers in the gym area, you only need to give them your stateroom card for a locker key and then you can shower there, and even take a sauna!

Have fun on your cruise, I'm sure you'll do great!

Why would they have to tip extra unless they get exceptional service? The room steward will receive auto-tip from each of the 3 people in the cabin.

mainly because many of us tip our cabin steward extra anyway as they do work very hard. If they do give service and above and beyound an extra tip is a nice way of saying Thank you for your service" not manatory or even expected but appreciated.

Nita

mainly because many of us tip our cabin steward extra anyway as they do work very hard. If they do give service and above and beyound an extra tip is a nice way of saying Thank you for your service" not manatory or even expected but appreciated.

Nita

I agree with you. However, my read on what I commented on, was the poster thought extra tip was warranted just because there were 3 vs the usual 2 in a cabin, not for exceptional service or service above and beyond. Having 3 or 4 to a cabin vs 2 is not above and beyond.

Me, my mom and sister have stayed in a single cabin before it was not that big of a problem. We were in a cabin with 2 bunk beds we use the extra upper bunk as a "catch all" robes, bags from shopping etc. We also make a shopping list of all the things we all use like shampoo,conditioner, hair spray, cotton balls etc. and we divide the list up. Every one brings enough for all of us for the entire trip and pack it in our checked bag. The person designated to bring that item also brings a travel size just in case the checked bag gets lost, you have enough for a couple days until your bag shows up or until you can buy more ( This has never happened but we like to be prepared.). It really helps so you don't have a much clutter in the bathroom.

Archived