Princess Pier in Seattle

ivielane

If the ship was using pier 31/32 at the southend of Seattle 15/20 would be OK. But NOW princess and HAL are using pier 91 at the west end of the city. This could increase the amount of time needed to travel to the airport. Call the yellow cab company in Seattle to find out for sure.

10-15 minutes with no traffic, 20-30 with traffic at the most......

It takes 10-15 min. just to get to the freeway from the Magnolia area (location of Pier 91). I used to live in the neighborhood and 30 min. is the minimum time to get to the airport. Allow up to 90 min. if there's traffic.

That said, you'll still get there in plenty of time. You'll probably be off the ship by 8-9 a.m.

It takes 10-15 min. just to get to the freeway from the Magnolia area (location of Pier 91). I used to live in the neighborhood and 30 min. is the minimum time to get to the airport. Allow up to 90 min. if there's traffic.

That said, you'll still get there in plenty of time. You'll probably be off the ship by 8-9 a.m.

So I assume that if you have a flight leaving 12:15 Southwest, we would have no problem? Of course I would let Princess know that we want the early tags for disembarkation.

Marilyn

Went ahead and made reservations for a 4:00 P.M. departure. Will only be in the air 2 hours to Oakland, CA. Don't mind one bit sitting in the airport people watching if we get to the airport early. Never know, have had the ship come into port 2 hrs. late, 4 hrs. late mainly because of bad weather the night before. Appreciate all your input.

So I assume that if you have a flight leaving 12:15 Southwest, we would have no problem? Of course I would let Princess know that we want the early tags for disembarkation.

Marilyn

Unless the ship is late, I can't imagine it being a problem. My 90 minute estimate is a worst-case scenario.

Went ahead and made reservations for a 4:00 P.M. departure. Will only be in the air 2 hours to Oakland, CA. Don't mind one bit sitting in the airport people watching if we get to the airport early. Never know, have had the ship come into port 2 hrs. late, 4 hrs. late mainly because of bad weather the night before. Appreciate all your input.

Now that the remodel is complete, Sea-Tac has very nice eating, shopping and people-watching areas between the A and C gates. There's a big (for an airport) Borders bookstore for browsing and next door a wine/appetizer bar. You can even get a manicure or massage in case you didn't get enough pampering on the ship! :D

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/shopdine/index.shtml

I was brave and booked a 10:50 am flight on Southwest in mid May. We are supposed to be at the new Princess pier if it is completed.

I am nervous but it was at such a great rate that I could not pass it up. If I dont make it, I will pay the difference and take a later flight. I think they are pretty flexible on things like that. (fingers crossed)

We are very fast at the early embarkation thing and will grab the first cab we see. Or course if the ship is late, that's a different story.

Archived