Cruise Critic member in Israel, happy to answer questions

happy trailer

14 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

... I tried to google the ferry from Haifa to Akko, and found a website, but unless I'm using a bad browser or something, I can't find a way to get to translated from Hebrew to English.  So can anyone give me a suggestion on that?  

If you are using Google Chrome on a PC, you should be able to use Google Translate. You can try right-clicking on the page and see whether Translate page to English appears as an option.

Here is some information in English on the Old Akko website - https://www.akko.org.il/en/attraction/akko-haifa-akko-ferry/

9 hours ago, jlajr said:

If you are using Google Chrome on a PC, you should be able to use Google Translate. You can try right-clicking on the page and see whether Translate page to English appears as an option.

Here is some information in English on the Old Akko website - https://www.akko.org.il/en/attraction/akko-haifa-akko-ferry/

Thank you.  I'll make sure I'm using Chrome.  I do tend to jump around a bit.  And I did see the info on the link you posted; just wanted to make sure I could pull up the schedule on the official website. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is off-topic, but I thought that some of you might be interested in this. MSC Lirica is sailing from Haifa from April-October, 2022.
I'm thinking about the October 20-27 sailing, after Sukkot.
IB Inside Guarantee
double occupancy USD 559 pp
solo occupancy USD 639
Not bad, considering all I have to do is hop on a train to get to the cruise ship...

This is a slightly off topic question for anyone who is very familiar with Israel's snacks and treats.

I like to bring something typical of the places I visit for work colleagues, like Tim Tams from Australia!

It would have to pass muster for air travel.  Any suggestions/

On 4/29/2022 at 10:22 AM, Muckyduckway said:

This is a slightly off topic question for anyone who is very familiar with Israel's snacks and treats.

I like to bring something typical of the places I visit for work colleagues, like Tim Tams from Australia!

It would have to pass muster for air travel.  Any suggestions/

From top of my mind:

• Flavored Halva. In every supermarket you can get boxes of individually wrapped snack portions, from multiple brands. Not the best quality possible, but is quite typical and should fit the criteria.
  • Dates, or date based products - e.g. Maamul (pastry filled with date spread), Cereal bars flavored with Date Honey, etc.
  • Bamba is stereotypical and travels well, but may be less appropriate due to the volume it takes.

35 minutes ago, IgKh said:

From top of my mind:

• Flavored Halva. In every supermarket you can get boxes of individually wrapped snack portions, from multiple brands. Not the best quality possible, but is quite typical and should fit the criteria.
  • Dates, or date based products - e.g. Maamul (pastry filled with date spread), Cereal bars flavored with Date Honey, etc.
  • Bamba is stereotypical and travels well, but may be less appropriate due to the volume it takes.

Thank you, these are good suggestions. Bamba sounds like a snack for us. 🙂

Edited by Muckyduckway