Whittier to Seward Transportation

Gaprofitt

I'm not sure if its the lowest, but here is one for a comparison (but the special has to be booked by Feb 1st)

Schedule: Whittier/Anchorage 10:00AM-11:30AM

Anchorage/Whittier 1:00PM-3:30PM

This service is available only on cruise ship days

Our SPECIAL $25.00 price is good for any number of people for the Anchorage/Whittier transfer at 7:00AM with no narrated tour and Whittier/Anchorage transfer at 4:00PM.

http://www.*****.com/

Normal Prices from their webpage...

1-3 people $45 pp

4-15 people $35 pp

16 - over $28 pp

Check out Alaskan Leopard's prices. They also accept Toursaver coupons with some limitations. They are inexpensive, but I don't know how it compares to others.

If there are 3 or more in your traveling party, look into renting a car. You will be limited to Avis since they are the only one in Whittier, and the one-way drop charge will be a bit steep. The downtown ANC location is quite a bit less than the airport. Total cost may be less than 3 or more shuttle fares.

There are only 3 ways to get from Whittier to Seward:

1. Rent a car from Avis in Whittier, drive to Seward, then drop the car off in Anchorage (the drop off fee is $125); if you need a car after that, do a new contract in Anchorage.

2. Train or bus from Whittier to Anchorage, rent a car and drive to Seward

3. PJs Taxi will pick you up in Whittier and drive you to Seward. The last I heard, the cost was in the $325-350-ish range http://www.pjstaxi.com/

There are other companies that will do it. We used another one 2 years ago. I just don't remember the name. I wish I did remember. They were very good, stopped at Portage Glacier and the wildlife sanctuary and did not cost $300.

I suggest you check Seward and Anchorage websites for other transportation companies.

• 3 years later...

I realize this is a very old thread, but I was searching an this was the closest I found to my question.

What are the available transportation options from Seward to Whiiter? I am looking for 5 people plus luggage in August.

I have found Two Dogs Trucking for $480. I was wondering if there was something else (meaning cheaper).

My first option is to rent a car from Avis in Anchorage, drive to Denali for a couple of days, drive to Seward, spend a few days, drive to Whittier, return car and board ship.

I was wondering if I could change the plan to rent a car in Anchorage from anyone, go to Denali for a couple of nights, return car in Anchorage, take train to Seward for a few days, and then take bus??? to Whittier to get on ship.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• 5 months later...

The "shuttle" service is a new company. P J's taxi is very reliable and well recommended, this is who I use.

My time is valuable and I don't waste it, even with having a month in Alaska, which most people do not. I will not waste my time with time consuming back tracking. But some people think this is a good option. Depends all on YOU.

I'm looking for a Seward to Whittier shuttle later this month. What did you decide on?

I haven't fully planned my time in Seward. First I want to pick which Kenai Fjords National Park cruise, which vendor, coupon and day, etc. Then ball park secondary things such as Exit Glacier and Sea-Life Center. Perhaps back up plans in case the Kenai Fjords cruise is canceled for weather?

I found two realistic options. As BQ mentioned, PJ's taxi has been in business for a long time and is well recommended. I will probably use them, but have not booked for mid-August yet. Trying to decide if I will want to maximize my time in Seward, or perhaps rush to Whittier for a PWS scenic cruise there before the Princess cruise boat. So many decisions!

The other option is Seward Bus Lines. http://www.sewardbuslines.net/summer.html

Their website is sparse and confusing. I did get a quick answer to an email that they leave Seward at 9:30, Arrive at Whittier at 12:00 for $60 pp. I realize that the price is different on the web site.

I believe that I read a recent cruise review here that some one used them. At the Whittier turn off, the bus stopped and let off the Whittier passengers into a van to take them through the tunnel. The bus continued on to Anchorage.

Again, I will probably use PJ's, mainly for the flexibility (providing they are not already booked for my date!) And to be perfectly clear, I have yet to step foot in AK, so I have NO first hand experience!

Another vote for PJ's. We have booked with them for a Whittier to Seward transfer July 22. Renee has been extremely helpful and communicative, even answering questions about lodging and sightseeing. $250 for 5 of us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived