Lobster in Main Dining Room on NCL Dawn?

LMHCruise

Does anyone know when lobstor or crab legs are served in the main (free) dining room on Norwegian Dawn? We are crusing 3/21 with a family of four (two boys 11 and 14), all who love lobster, so it would cost us (if I understand correctly) $30 per person or a total of $120 for dinner...which is a little much in my opinion :(

We probably will hit some of the specialty restaurants but I would like to be sure to take advantage of the "free" lobster or crab leg nights if they exist..

Thanks.

Travelling on Norwegian Dawn on 3/21 with a family of 4 (two kids) and wondering if anyone knows if lobster or crablegs are available in the "free" main dining room and if so on what nights. If I understand correctly, dinner with lobster at Cagney's would run us $120...a little high in my opinion.

We probably will try some speciality restaurants but hope not to miss the opportunity to have lobster without the premium cost.

(Posted a minute ago but go an error message...so if this is a duplicate, I apologize)

Does anyone know when lobstor or crab legs are served in the main (free) dining room on Norwegian Dawn? We are crusing 3/21 with a family of four (two boys 11 and 14), all who love lobster, so it would cost us (if I understand correctly) $30 per person or a total of $120 for dinner...which is a little much in my opinion :(

We probably will hit some of the specialty restaurants but I would like to be sure to take advantage of the "free" lobster or crab leg nights if they exist..

Thanks.

Do you mean it would cost you in the specialty restaurants?

They served lobster at least 2-3 nights on our 9 day cruise on the Jewel in the main restaurant. Just go down in the morning and look at the menu; if it's on the menu reserve a table.

On the Spirit last month is was served twice, once in the surf and more surf entree which was a combo of seafood on a bed of pasta, yummy but very rich and another time just the Lobster tails. I believe it was the third night out which was a surprise as it used to be the first sea day..

Nita

We just arrived home from a cruise on the Norweigen Dawn.

We ate in the main dining rooms every night except 2.

I had a very small, overdone lobster on Thursday night.

Never saw crab legs except in "Cagney's" where you will pay $30 per person for it.

Have a fantastic cruise, we had a blast!

Never saw crab legs except in "Cagney's" where you will pay $30 per person for it.

Ouch! That's expensive. I personally prefer the prime rib at Cagney's. It's something I don't do at home, and it always served perfectly. Lobster and crab just don't appeal to me.

I don't think I have ever seen crab legs either..

Nita

The "lobster" is indeed a small tail and overdone in main dining - at least on the Gem. We did have the crab legs in Cagneys (two each) and they were good. "Lobster every night" simply meant some form of lobster in an entree every night.

well I certainly hope you sent it back, of course the Lobster that is served in the main dining rooms on most lines, is Caribean Lobster, has been frozen and will never replace what so many love about Lobster from New England..

Nita

I actually enjoyed my lobster tail in the main dining room, in fact I ordered 2. They usually have it the first on second sea day. If you tend to be up late or early you can check the posted menu outside Aqua. I'm not sure how late at night they change it but most nights on our way to bed it was laready changed for the next day so we could plan where we wanted to have dinner.

I personally have never had a really good (free) lobster on a ship, (so-so to down right yuk) and would not pay for one. If you want a great lobster, go down to the local Shoprite/Stop & Shop and buy 4 of the tank and make it yourself for about $60 and you get the whole thing. Can't get any fresher than that. (ok, except the ones we get right off the lobster boats but you can only do that if you live close enough) We ate at Cagney and I had the snow crab legs. They were pretty good. I think it was a surf and turf combo.

All that being said, I hope they can satisfy your pallets. Have a great cruise.:)

I personally have never had a really good (free) lobster on a ship, (so-so to down right yuk) and would not pay for one. If you want a great lobster, go down to the local Shoprite/Stop & Shop and buy 4 of the tank and make it yourself for about $60 and you get the whole thing. Can't get any fresher than that. (ok, except the ones we get right off the lobster boats but you can only do that if you live close enough) We ate at Cagney and I had the snow crab legs. They were pretty good. I think it was a surf and turf combo.

All that being said, I hope they can satisfy your pallets. Have a great cruise.:)

lowtyd, most Moms day my daughter orders lobster from NEw England for me, it comes complete with everything and is still alive:::Oh do I look forward to that. On the Sun, a few years ago I did have the Lobster in the steak house. It was pretty good, no, not like you are talking about, but I would do it again..

Nita

lowtyd, most Moms day my daughter orders lobster from NEw England for me, it comes complete with everything and is still alive:::Oh do I look forward to that. On the Sun, a few years ago I did have the Lobster in the steak house. It was pretty good, no, not like you are talking about, but I would do it again..

Nita

MMMMMMMMM. You're making me hungry! Drawn butter, baked potato a cold beer..........and a few raw clams on the side! Doesn't get any better than that! Well, May is coming up soon. I hope you get what you want!:)

Sandy

Archived