capris in dining rooms

vbecky

I've worn nice black capris with a dressy top and kitten heels before in the dining rooms on NCL ships and it was perfectly fine.

It's all in how you dress it up. If you wear flipflops and a casual tank top, then it looks too casual. But if you wear a nicer top and shoes, then it looks dressy.

Hi does anyone know if you can wear capris (as long as they aren't blue jean) in the dining room on the star?:rolleyes:

Perfectly fine. I've done it many times. I usually dress them up with a nice blouse, heels, and a fun necklace and/or ring:D

Last year we sailed on the Gem out of NYC--so the cruise was probably more chic than usual.:rolleyes:

That being said, for dinner I wore capri pants and dressy/semi-dressy heeled sandals every night with a "business casual" blouse or polo type shirt.

Resort casual is good. No jeans, No tennis shoes, No tshirts, No shorts. Accessorize. Lots of linen and island gauzey-type shirts. Think Gap, Banana Republic, spring line.

This attire was the norm. I almost never saw anyone "dressed up". Fashionable, yes...anywhere near formal...no.

Just my .02.

[This attire was the norm. I almost never saw anyone "dressed up". Fashionable, yes...anywhere near formal...no.

Lots of people in formal wear or cocktail dress for the "dress up or not" night (formal night)

You CAN wear nice jeans to all restaurants except one main dining room, if you want. Capri's are absolutely fine. Why would someone come on here and ask if they could wear "inappropriate" capri pants, Ms. Belp??

VBecky, refer to the NCL website under the FAQ section. There's a statement about dress that will be helpful.

NCL is set apart because of their more casual dress code for dining. Dress up or not. Let's not all add our personal preferences to the list.

I agree that many people tend to "dress" more for dinner, which I think is your point. but it's absolutely acceptable to be more casual. That was my point.

It's interesting that your cruise didn't have a "dress up or not" night. I wonder if that's changing.

I hope to sail the Gem someday. She seems lovely. :)

I was on the 1/24 sailing on the Star. I saw everything from resort very casual/jeans to dressed-up (suits/dresses) in the main dining room. You won't feel out of place no matter what you decide to wear.

This was the first cruise (out of 11) that I didn't take a suit or tie...loved it!!!!

Capris are fine.

You do have to wear shoes but there are no rules on what type of shoes.

Oh, no you Di'nt!!

Just kidding, wi, I'm betting you don't know this, but there have been so many stupid threads on appropriate footwear for dinner. Let's just hope those opposed to flip flops are sleeping. Sshhhhhhh

so do I need to pack Khaki-type pants for my 9 y.o. son or can I leave those at home? He does have khaki-type shorts and golf-type shirts that we're bringing. I like to pack as light as possible.....

I put my boys in khaki's for dinner as there are no shorts in the dining rooms. I did not want to risk if it applied to kids or not. They do not take up that much room and you can re-wear. This is the first year my youngest did not spill food on everything, so I did not have to wash in the room. :)

Bring the khaki's for the boys. Also, regarding Capri's, be careful as to the length. There are some that are much shorter...just below the knee and I did see someone turned away at a dining room one time because they were told that those weren't capri's, they were shorts. Subjective I know, but that is what I saw. So just make sure that they are longer capri's.

CG

Nope, I'm wide awake!

LOL SG ~ Good one. :D

As far as the 9 yo. wearing shorts in the dining room, I've read some were allowed, some weren't. I'd probably pack a pair of khaki's just in case. :)

Archived