Best Burgers in Key West

gargoyle999

B. O.'s fishwagon, hands down.

And the cervezas are ice cold.:D

Mike

Cool! Already on my list of places to eat! We only have 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 3 dinners while we will be there. I've got them down for one of the lunches! :D

Cool! Already on my list of places to eat! We only have 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 3 dinners while we will be there. I've got them down for one of the lunches! :D

Order the "cheeseburger special" and they won't charge you for the fries. (not advertised) Warning, he is not cheap by any means; but the food is good.

Mike:)

Order the "cheeseburger special" and they won't charge you for the fries. (not advertised) Warning, he is not cheap by any means; but the food is good.

Mike:)

Thanks for the tip!

Yeah...I can't say "money is no object" on our time down there...but we won't be trying to pinch pennies either! First time in Key West...winter sucks...we are going to enjoy it and not worry so much about the $$. :)

I love Buddy's cheeseburgers. They're big and served on Cuban bread with whatever you like. Not frozen Sysco crap. As Mike said just say the word special and you get his hand-cut french fries (HOT!) free. They also have a Key Lime mayo they make for another dish but it's really good on his burgers too. See if Buddy's around, he always likes to say hello. (BO's) They also make a wonderful fresh limeade.

I've heard Jack Flats has a good one but I don't really go into Duval area bars so I've never had one.

Please whatever you do don't be sold on Margaritaville's "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Frozen production junk and $10.

BTW Cuban bread is baked in long loaves like French bread but it has a soft crust, not crunchy like Italian or French bread. The different Cuban bakeries in Key West have signatures on their loaves...La Dichosa has the most popular with a thin stripe of dough going down the center of it. Others have X's and other patterns to identify themselves. Just a bit of trivia.....

I love Buddy's cheeseburgers. They're big and served on Cuban bread with whatever you like. Not frozen Sysco crap. As Mike said just say the word special and you get his hand-cut french fries (HOT!) free. They also have a Key Lime mayo they make for another dish but it's really good on his burgers too. See if Buddy's around, he always likes to say hello. (BO's) They also make a wonderful fresh limeade.

I've heard Jack Flats has a good one but I don't really go into Duval area bars so I've never had one.

Please whatever you do don't be sold on Margaritaville's "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Frozen production junk and $10.

I'm not planning on going to Margaritaville! :) That's why I came here to find out the "real deal". :D

BTW Cuban bread is baked in long loaves like French bread but it has a soft crust, not crunchy like Italian or French bread.

Man..that sounds awesome. I love bread...and I really like French bread, but not a fan of the crunchy crust. I try and find the ones with soft crust but DW says those are the "old" ones. :rolleyes:

Cuban bread sounds great.

I might have to try and squeeze a 2nd trip to B.O's in somehow..or get one to go..or something! :D

I like Cuban because in the mornings most places have it still warm and smelling good. The crusty bread from Europe is nice but it tears my mouth up.

Sandy's Cafe on White St at Virginia (in a laundromat) opens early and has one of the best breakfast sannies....bacon/egg/cheese with mayo and then pressed in a panini press. They also have Cuban sandwiches (say "all the way") and one sannie feeds two. Delicious and inexpensive.

With breakfast try a bucci (boo-chee). Strong sweet Cuban coffee in a little specimen cup. Wakes your a** up.

Skip the burger!!!!!

Find the best Cuban Sandwich in Key West ..........

adventure :D

So glad to see to will avoid M'ville, therefore I make my suggestion as you appear to have taste.

Now where can you get the best Cuban sandwich in Key West

(HiJack!!)

To be honest the only really lousy Cuban sandwiches (Ham, soft cooked roasted pork, cheese, Lettuce, mayo, mustard, pickles) have been pre-wrapped garbage at supermarkets and convenience stores.

I prefer Sandy's BUT just down the street at Jose's Cantina they have a wicked good one too because they use the roast pork from the night before's dinner--a $15 plate--and put it on a $6 sandwich.

Damn Good Food to Go makes a good one too. Most all of the stand-alone "Cuban looking" corner markets (5 Brothers, Hilltop, Sunbeam) will make a really good pressed sandwich. Take one of those, some potato salad and a bottle of white wine to the beach (have the store open it and re-cork it) and you've got a wonderful picnic.

You can also go to Waterfront Market on Caroline, order one from the deli in back, and get the other stuff and sit outside right on the water, watch Tarpon swimming and beautiful boats coming and going.

Skip the burger!!!!!

Find the best Cuban Sandwich in Key West ..........

adventure :D

So glad to see to will avoid M'ville, therefore I make my suggestion as you appear to have taste.

Now where can you get the best Cuban sandwich in Key West

(HiJack!!)

I hear you! But I LOVE burgers but not a fan of pork, except bacon! DW on the other hand wants a good Cuban sandwich, so I'll pass on the suggestions in case she wants to change for her day to "pick" where we eat! :)

Archived