Upsell on the Pearl to an A3 !!!

jhayman

We got the call from the Fairy yesterday. We went from an Aft BA to an AC. Apparently she has been very very busy. We can't wait.

Enjoy your lunches and breakfasts at Cagneys.

Big Green

ps Bud and Pat say hello and enjoy your cruise.

Just got the call today for our 2/1 cruise. Upsold from an AD to an A3 for $315 pp. Couldn't resist!!

Whoever gets our AD, enjoy!

Very good!!!

On our repo, everybody except us in an AD got upsold. At one time during that final week before sailing, we were the only ones with an AD suite (and they still had 5 or 6 ABs open). We were had a great time in our AD, though.

Very good!!!

On our repo, everybody except us in an AD got upsold. At one time during that final week before sailing, we were the only ones with an AD suite (and they still had 5 or 6 ABs open). We were had a great time in our AD, though.

We actually considered staying in the AD as we've never had an aft suite and wanted to try it after hearing all the marvelous things about them, but we've never had a courtyard villa either and it's probably cheaper to try it this way than pay full price :) We thoroughly enjoyed out first suite experience on the Dawn in an AC last year, and we are hooked on the suite life of Norwegian!

We got the call from the Fairy yesterday. We went from an Aft BA to an AC. Apparently she has been very very busy. We can't wait.

Congratulations to everyone on the upsells. We have an aft BA in April so you've given us hope that we may get the call. You know, in the past (just a year ago) we would have been thrilled with the BA (and still will be happy) but after an upsell to an AB on the Jewel last summer the hope for an upsell keeps creeping in.;)

Very good!!!

For two I think the AD to an AB is a tough call some of those AB's are not in good locations and the Aft AD has a lot of advantages.

AD to A3 no brainer for that money.

For two I think the AD to an AB is a tough call some of those AB's are not in good locations and the Aft AD has a lot of advantages.

AD to A3 no brainer for that money.

The reason we were hoping for an AB or A3 was so we could add my cousin for the cruise. She would have had a blast.

Life was good back in the AD.

When we went through the Panama Canal, we had a "cabin crawl" starting with rolls and OJ in an A3, up for a quick view to an AC. Late morning snacks, courtesy of our butler, in our AD. A little time in the AB. Back for late afternoon butler-served snacks in the AC during the last set of locks. Then back to our AD as we departed the final lock.

Life was good.

Do you only get the upsell calls if you directly book with NCL? Or can you get them if you book with a travel agent?

We have a balcony cabin (I think BA) on the 4/5 Pearl cruise. What do you need to get upgraded to in order to get those extra perks everyone talks about? Thanks!

-aj

Do you only get the upsell calls if you directly book with NCL? Or can you get them if you book with a travel agent?

We have a balcony cabin (I think BA) on the 4/5 Pearl cruise. What do you need to get upgraded to in order to get those extra perks everyone talks about? Thanks!

-aj

In 2007 we book with a TA and got an upsell from an AF to AA(Owners Suite) An experience of a lifetime! So, to answer your question No you don't have to book with NCL to get offered an upsell.

-aj

We booked through a travel agent and a rep from our agent called with NCL on the phone to offer the upsell, so I don't think it matters whether you book through NCL or a TA. I think one of their main factors is how popular the room you are currently booked in is. I think they upgrade suites first to free up lower suites for upselling non-suite people to try to hook them on booking a suite next time.

-aj

Our upsell came last year after we booked through a TA, we've seen it either way.

To get upgraded you call your TA and pay the price difference just like you were regularly changing your booking. I checked prices the other day because we are also in a BA on the same cruise and it would cost us $2000 or more to change. Not worth it for the 2 of us on this particular cruise. An upsell is very different - NCL contacts you and offers a reduced rate for you to switch. Some of the offers I've seen are very good and others seem high. For example, last year we were on the Jewel for a 12 day Baltics cruise - our offer was to pay $1100 total difference to go from the BA to an AB penthouse. It was well worth it to us for that trip due to the length and type of trip. If we got a similar offer this summer for our Med trip on the Jade we would jump all over it!

If/when they call you, do they usually give you any time to think or they demand a response right away? :confused:

I asked them if I could call them back knowing that they could upsell it to someone else in the meantime. I called back in 45 minutes (after lots of research) and it was still available so we took it...

Archived