London to Southampton

bobnatt

We just booked accomodations on the 13 day QV July 7th Geysers and Glaciers cruise from Southampton to Iceland and Norway. We will be spending a few days in London before the cruise and are interested in recommendations of car services that can take us from London to Southampton on July 7th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob,

We always use www.smithsforairports.com , we live 3 miles from Central London (SW side) & last October a Mercedes E Class Estate/Stationwagon cost us £136 for the 90 mile trip (& a £15 tip is plenty ;)) - the car was clean, new & large enough for 2 weeks of luggage & 2pax. They are Portsmouth based & don't hike the prices up on cruise days like their neighbours on S'oton (who were quoting us £185 for the same trip). In comparison a trip to Heathrow using my local car company costs me £38 for the 15 mile journey.

Bob,

We always use www.smithsforairports.com , we live 3 miles from Central London (SW side) & last October a Mercedes E Class Estate/Stationwagon cost us £136 for the 90 mile trip (& a £15 tip is plenty ;)) - the car was clean, new & large enough for 2 weeks of luggage & 2pax. They are Portsmouth based & don't hike the prices up on cruise days like their neighbours on S'oton (who were quoting us £185 for the same trip). In comparison a trip to Heathrow using my local car company costs me £38 for the 15 mile journey.

I've used Smiths also and they provide excellent service and have been much less expensive than other companies.

Bob,

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I have booked them to take me from the airport to the hotel; from the hotel to Southampton and from Southampton back to Heathrow. There rates were very reasonable and their response to questions was very quick

Archived