Port or starbird for inside passage, roundtrip seattle

SabrinaNP

I was on an Alaskan cruise last year out of Whittier and had a port cabin which I liked. I am in the process of booking a roundtrip inside passage Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. Should I stick with the port side or change to starbird? Any suggestions or advice is appreciated! :)

It will be dark at night??? Further clairfy this question??

It was a rhetorical question to a silly answer. The point being that it may indeed be better on the port rather than starboard depending on where you will be during hours of daylight. The the answer given to the originator wasn't really very helpful.

It will be dark at night??? Further clairfy this question??

It was a rhetorical question to a silly answer. The point being that it may indeed be better on the port rather than starboard depending on where you will be during hours of daylight. The the answer given to the originator wasn't really very helpful.

Hi there,

I participated on a thread here discussing this very subject. The first and last days of a Seattle RT are mostly out of eyeshot of land, and the rest of the time you are Inside Passage so you see stuff on both sides. So it really doesn't make much difference.

However, since I'm also sailing RT Seattle for the first time, I looked at my itinerary and have the opinion that starboard side is just a shade better, all else being equal. Which in my case, all else was indeed equal.

I was on an Alaskan cruise last year out of Whittier and had a port cabin which I liked. I am in the process of booking a roundtrip inside passage Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. Should I stick with the port side or change to starbird? Any suggestions or advice is appreciated! :)

If your itinerary includes Glacier Bay, then port side is recommended, especially if you have a balcony cabin.

Archived